Oktoberfest originated in 1810 and started as a festival celebrating a wedding, Bavarian traditions and beer brewed within Munich’s city limits. Today’s celebrations generally begin in September and run through October. Find all the Oktoberfest details here on our guide to Oktoberfests in Orange County. O’ zapft is!
7561 Center Ave, Huntington Beach, CA 92647
September 8 – November 3, 2019
It doesn’t get much more authentic than Oktoberfest at the German-themed Old World Village in Huntington Beach. The most popular and longest running Oktoberfest in Orange County is open five days a week and has events and activities for people of all ages. Bring the kids to paricipate in Kinderfest every Sunday from 2:00 pm – 7:30 pm. Activities include Wiener Dog races, live music, carnival games, characters in costume, and more. Wednesdays and Thursdays from 6:30 pm – 10:30 pm is family friendly Oktoberfest. All persons under 21 must be with a parent. Admission is free on family friendly nights. Fridays and Saturdays, Oktoberfest is open only to people 21 and over from 6:20 pm to 1:30 am. Admission is $10 ( $15 on Saturdays during October) and features contests, games, brats, and beer. Senior Days will be held in October for $15 per person and includes lunch and activities. Shop for traditional Bavarian clothing at Dirndl Haus and enjoy the Oom Pa Pah music of live German Bands. This year’s entertainers are German American Brass Band, The Blue Birds and Schwaubapower. Military members receive free general admission to Oktoberfest.
Important Dates & Events
Opening Day – September 8
Parade – September 29
German Unity Day – October 2
Kinderfest Every Sunday
Dachshund Races Every Sunday
Senior Days – Thursdays (October 3rd, 10th, and 17th) 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
Theme Nights & Contests Fridays
Closing Day – November 3
More at Old World
Old World Village is a German Village with a variety of shops. At Old World Village you will find:
Old World German Restaurant
Old World German Bakery
Award-Winning Sausages (Voted Best Sausage in California)
Imported Beers & Spirits and the German Pub
1340 Sanderson Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92806
Every Weekend from September 20 – October 27, 2019
The Phoenix Club in Anaheim celebrates Oktoberfest every year. It is the longest running Oktoberfest in Southern California, now celebrating 58 years, and claims to be the most authentic. Come out and see for yourself and enjoy the authentic German food, giant beer tent, folk dancers with live music, and a playground and activities for kids. The Phoenix Club Oktoberfest is open at 6:00 pm on Fridays, 5:00 pm on Saturdays, and 12:00 pm on Sundays. There are no age restrictions at the Phoenix Club Oktoberfest. All ages are welcome to attend all days.
- Admission: $10 for ages 17 and up. Phoenix Club Members are $5.
- Active and Retired Military Members are free with a Military ID and during the 2nd weekend, military members can also bring one guest for free.
- Free admission for First Responders and one guest with Department ID from October 25 – 27.
- The Express Band
- Odenwalder Dirndljager from Germany
- MusikMeister DJ
Oktoberfest Sunday Brunch
- Served from 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
- October 6, 13, 20, and 27
- Adults $35.95, Children 3-10 $14.95
- Brunch includes Prime Rib, a chef attended omelette station, a variety of salads, sweet treats, champagne, and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Kid-friendly food
- Face painting and games on Sunday
- Playground and bounce house open every day
- Free kids train ride and balloon artist, Sundays from 12:00 – 4:00
- $5 pony rides on select Sundays
- On-site parking is free
- Valet Parking for $5
- Nearby parking at Honda Center ( free if no event, $20 per car during an event)
- Phoenix Club designated drop off and pick up for ride share at Gate 2, second driveway.
Newport Dunes 1131 Back Bay Drive Newport Beach
Every Saturday & Sunday from September 29 – October 21, 2019
Noon to 8:00 p.m.
OCtoberfest Newport Beach is the newest Octoberfest event in the neighborhood. It is a 21 and over only event. The event will be held at Newport Dunes and includes two stages for non-stop entertainment, an activity zone, a Bavarian Village with vendors and food, a VIP Tent, Waterfront VIP area by Fashion Island Hotel, a Long Dog Beach Derby, traditional Biergarten, and more.
Activities & Entertainment
- Live bands and DJs
- Musical Chairs
- Yodeling lessons with Kathrin Jakob
- Stein Hoisting Contest
- Dance Party
- Greasy Sausage Toss Game
- Beer Tasting
- Alpenhorn Blowing
- Mr. and Miss OCtoberfest Costume Contest
- Log Sawing
- Keg Games
- Beer Chugging
- Onsite VIP at Newport Dunes $20
- Free offsite parking at Fashion Island Hotel and Corona Del Mar High School
- Use Lyft from offsite parking or from home
VIP Zone Benefits
- Reserved table seating
- Full Bar Access
- VIP restrooms
- Live music and stage show inside the Bavarian VIP Tent
- Waterfront VIP Tables at Fashion Island Hotel waterfront VIP Zone
- Bier and food concierge with no lines to wait in
- VIP restrooms
- Stunning village views
Heidi Deal is the author of the Newcomers Handbook to Living In Los Angeles (and Orange County), an expert at exploring all that Orange County has to offer, and a children’s book author specializing in history and human rights.