The Pacific Air Show comes to Orange County every year – where airborne performers skim the shore, soaring over the Huntington Beach Pier. Thousands of spectators pack the sand and street during the exciting three-day airshow.
The Pacific Airshow’s inaugural event was in 2016, and in 2018 the airshow drew more than 2 million visitors. While certain sections surrounding the pier are closed to water traffic, one of the best and most unforgettable ways to experience this event is from your boat.
During the week prior to the event, locals will see the performers running through practice routines with Friday being the official rehearsal day. The main event runs Saturday and Sunday. Performances will be nearly identical all three days.
Pacific AirShow Details
September 30, 2022 – October 2, 2022
10:30AM to 4:30PM daily
Beach and Street Festival open all day
Huntington Beach, CA
On Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) in between Huntington St and Twin Dolphin Dr.
(across the street from the Waterfront Hilton)
Free to the public or purchase tickets for upgraded seating
The show center is located on the sand in front of the Waterfront Hilton with the one-mile aerial performance box extending north and south of this location. Stay within this one mile radius for the best viewing.
For 2022, Airshow weekend will kick off on Friday, September 30 with the Pacific Airshow Rum Run, a boat race around Catalina Island.
Pacific Air Show Tickets: Premium Seating Ticket Options
- General Admission – $25 – Located in front of show center along the shoreline, this is the prime viewing destination. Includes access to restrooms and food trucks and beverage stands. Seating is on the sand (spots are not reserved) – beach chairs or blankets are recommended. Coolers and EX Ups are not allowed in the Drop Zone.
- Pier Seating – $40 – Access to unreserved first come, first served seating on the Huntington Beach Pier. Ear and sun protection recommended. Gates open at 11:00 am.
- Premier Club Seating/Reserved Tables – Includes premium views of the airshow located at show center, and hosted food and beverage options. Located in a shady, tented pavilion with tables, chairs, and private restrooms. Seating is unreserved, unless you purchase a reserved table for 10. Club opens at 9 am with food and drink service at 11 am.
- $199 per person and $1,990 per table on Saturday & Sunday
- Cabanas – luxurious cabanas fully-equipped with luxurious furniture
2022 Pacific AirShow Performers
We’ll add performers as announced:
- US Air Force Thunderbirds
- Canadian Forces Snowbirds
- US Navy F-35C Demo Team
- US Navy F/A-18E/F Demo Team
- US Army Golden Knights
- UK Army Tigers
- US Navy Leap Frogs
- US Air Force Wings of Blue
- Red Bull Air Race World Champion Matt Hall
Pacific AirShow Parking
All parking is first come, first served. City and State Beach parking lots are available along Pacific Coast Highway for a fee, and prices are raised during the event. Hourly parking is available near the pier at Pier Plaza and the Main Promenade Parking Structure. Street parking is available in surrounding areas. Consider walking, riding bikes, using public transit, or using Uber and Lyft.
A bike valet will be available at PCH and Main Street for those who wish to check their bicycles while they enjoy the event. Additionally, there are plenty of dedicated bike parking areas around the event, including underneath the Huntington Beach Pier. Bring a bike lock!
Tips & Things to Know
- Bring sunscreen, hats, water, snacks, cameras and binoculars.
- Bring earplugs/muffs, especially for kids.
- Don’t bring tents and umbrellas.
- All bags and containers are checked.
- No drones allowed.
- Those on the water will have a great view of the show but some areas will be restricted for safety.
- Shaded areas are available in upgraded ticketing areas.
- A variety of food and beverages will be available for purchase.
- Pet are not allowed due to beach laws, plus the loud noises at the show. Service animals are allowed.
- If you’re sitting outside of the ticketed areas, consider bringing your own seating or be prepared to sit on the sand.
Afterburner Music Festival Is Postponed Until 2023
Afterburner Music Festival will bring live music back to the sands of Huntington City Beach. Afterburner Music Festival is an action-packed live music festival but with a unique twist and turn. It’s backed by aviation, and not just your typical 747s and helicopters. We’re talking jetpacks, biplanes and high-performance jets that make the hair on the back of your neck stand up – all taking place at Pacific Airshow, Afterburner’s big opening act.
Huntington City Beach
21529 Pacific Coast Hwy.
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
(across the street from the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach)
Postponed for 2022
Sammy Hagar & The Circle
The Pacific Air Show and the accompanying festival occupies a full one-mile stretch of beach and surrounding sidewalk area in Huntington Beach. Festival areas will include booths and displays from vendors and exhibitors, plus there will be designated areas for food trucks, beverage service, activities, entertainment, and more.
The airshow will be broadcast on KFI AM 640 via iHeart Media. Download the app to hear pilot interviews, airshow details, festival information and more.
On event days during the hours of 12 pm to 4 pm, swimmers, surfers, and boogie boarders should only enter the water to the waist.
What to bring: sun protection, an easy to carry chair and/or bag with blankets or towels for sitting in the sand, water bottles, light snacks, earplugs or earmuffs, camera/binoculars.
Prohibited items include tents and large umbrellas, weapons of any kind, noisemakers, balloons, kites, drones, laser pointers, drugs or drug paraphernalia, alcohol, loose batteries, fireworks, and anything considered a threat to public safety.
Food and drinks will be available at various locations throughout the festival grounds including at Show Center. There are also many dining options downtown, at Pacific City, and at the hotels along PCH.
RV Camping Packages are available at Sunset Vista RV Park. Additional RV camping is available nearby at Bolsa Chica State Beach.
|City of Huntington Beach||Best Downtowns in Orange County|
|Orange County Breweries||Best Beach Resorts in Orange County|
|Beach Bonfires & Fire Pits in Orange County||Restaurants With A View in Orange County|
Heidi Deal is the author of the Newcomers Handbook to Living In Los Angeles & Orange County, and a children’s book author specializing in history and human rights.