Pacific City: Orange County’s premier outdoor shopping center is the perfect spot to work on your retail tan.
Address: 21010 Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach
Phone: (714) 930-2345
Pets: Leashed pets are welcome
It’s no secret that most days in Southern California can be described as “take the convertible” kind of weather. Post card summers fill the buzzing boardwalks and sparkling beaches of Orange County with bright eyed, envious visitors and grateful locals. Reading menus from ubiquitous burger shacks, crowded showers with sapped, pink faced toddlers or the hunt for a close enough parking spot may not be your idea of the perfect day at the beach. However, Huntington Beach, known across the globe as Surf City USA, has a perfect ocean front spot where you don’t need to bring your board or worry about getting sand everywhere.
Pacific City in Huntington Beach is an upmarket coastal mall in the heart of Huntington Beach. Along PCH, Pacific City is location, location, location. A thirty-one-acre hotel, retail, and residential project that sits right in front of California’s Surf City. An unrivaled view of California waves and the iconic Huntington Beach pier, it mirrors the relaxing, boutique beaches of San Luis Obispo. Pacific City is home to a 191,000 square-foot eclectic, one-of-a-kind shopping center offering high end goods with a SoCal coastal vibe.
Although relaxed, the sixty-two retailers are anything but banal. Because of its outdoor setting, Pacific City is a first-class location for catching up and catching sunshine. Having a summer favorite drink or dining outside transports you to the smart boardwalks of Brighton Beach, England and the fare compares to the freshest seafood found at any Bistro in Marseille, France. It’s a world-famous SoCal destination filled with nouveau California culinary experiences, exciting entertainment, and lifestyle centered merchants.
Dining at the Pacific City Plaza brings incredible views from every deck, patio, and outdoor lounge. Snap the perfect group photo or just the golden coastline from landscaped courtyards. Staying long into the day is easy with such a distinct medley of fine merchants. Guests can conclude a splendid afternoon as the sun, a Sherbert mix of orange hues, evanesces into the horizon.
Pacific City is more than just daytime shopping. Discover magical nights of entertainment including live music and inviting fire pits. What is a standout feature at Pacific City is its Lot 579 Food Hall. The simple name is deceiving. Here you will experience 12 modern eateries and restaurants. Lot 579 is on level 1, at the south end near the Pasea Hotel Spa. A court of trending and prized California fare, LOT 579 favors an energetic atmosphere with communal seating, plenty of breathtaking ocean views and free Wi-Fi. LOT 579 prides its self with locally sourced, sea to table, humanely raised provisions. Pacific City’s LOT 579 conflates traditional beach food with upmarket dishes in a deliberate effort to please its epicurean guests.
Full Service Restaurants
The American Dream: The American Dream is a self-described kick-ass burger bar and gnarly craft beer tap house.
Bluegold: Bluegold celebrates the renewal of California’s coastal cuisine and has perfected the art of combining innovation and cultural farm to table dining.
LSXO: LSXO has the most coveted and picturesque location, overlooking the Huntington Beach pier. It offers fine Southern Vietnamese dishes and a robust French Vietnamese menu.
Ola Mexican Kitchen: Ola Mexican Kitchen graduates traditional Mexican favorites to upmarket, contemporary dishes, featuring influences from coastal Mexican states. Ola’s live music is mature and every seat allows you to soak up views of Huntington Beach’s coastline.
Old Crow Smokehouse: The Old Crow Smokehouse is a communal style restaurant capitalizing on a medley of BBQ from Texas to the Carolinas all in rhythm with lively country music.
Simmzy’s: Simmzy’s, with its impressive view of the Huntington Pier, is the quintessential SoCal Pub taking traditional surf options to superior levels recognized by locals and appreciated by travelers around the globe.
Casual and Quick Eats
Bear Flag Fish Co: Experience the leader in fresh from the ocean to your plate fare. Bear Flag’s menu is beyond creative and undeniably deserving of its accolade army.
Lemonade Restaurant: Lemonade specializes in vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free California fare. Lemonade’s affordable menu boasts a parade of seasonal favorites, grass fed proteins and premium provisions including bowls, sandwiches, and sides.
PHANS55: LOT 579’s Phans55 most conscientious, sustainably sourced eatery features Vietnamese specialties from pho to spring rolls.
Treats and Drinks
LOT 579’s dessert and refreshment purveyors consistently debut the finest in hand-made pastries, specialty chocolate, and exceptional ice cream. Fall in love with a new favorite from:
- Bella Sophia Chocolates
- Pop Bar
- Frosted Cupcakery
- Gelateria Zomolo
- Hans Homemade Ice Cream
- Philz Coffee
Retail & Services
Pacific City houses the most progressive selection of retail merchants and lifestyle vendors available in Orange County. From swanky, leisure apparel to boutique brands in accessories and body care, Pacific City is a first-rate open-air market where finding something new never gets old. Merchants include:
- Bearfruit Jewelry
- Brandy Melville
- Free People
- H & M
- Open Market OC
- Pacific City Gallery
- Performance Excellence Partners
- The Plantation
- Rad power bikes
- San Lorenzo Bikinis
- Sport of Kings
- Stitch & Feather
- Sunglass Resort
- Tommy Bahama
- Urban Outfitters
- West of Camden
Pacific City caters to those in search of natural living, meaningful healthcare and organically balanced beauty regimens. Discover these shops at Pacific City:
- Beverly Hills Rejuvenation Center
- Dry Bar
- Facial Works
- Holly and Hudson Nail Lounge
- Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics
- MAC Cosmetics
- One Medical
- Salon Republic
Events & Entertainment
From the moment you arrive, when your eyes meet the grand Pacific Ocean, you immediately think that the view is all that you need to witness. However, Pacific City is more than a place to have ice cream and watch the surfers. It’s a mesmerizing hub of locals and visitors seeking memories and good times. Pacific City strives to provide the perfect venue for romantic date nights, exclusive family entertainment and the opportunity to quickly melt in with novel performers and uncharted opportunities.
- Pacific City hosts a monthly Kids Club Event every 3rd Tuesday of the month. Children will be mesmerized with exciting book reads and entertained with fun activities, energetic sing-alongs and dancing with fairy tale favorites. This event is free. Reservations are recommended and details are available directly on the website.
- Reading Reef An Ocean of Fun is an exciting children’s story time. Meet at the Reading reef and celebrate with a craft and visit with HB Mermaids. A Summer favorite that fills up fast so reserve your spot.
- Live Music On the Deck: Saturday and Sunday afternoons 1pm-3pm. A live summer event that’s a must see. Each day features a different artist performing reggae, pop/rock covers, soul, country and originals enjoyed by all ages. Bring the kids, mom or someone special.
- Visit Pacific City this summer for the Second Saturday Comedy Shows. Second Saturday is a great stand-up comedy show featuring talented comedians from trending Netflix and comedy channels. This is a ticketed, 21+ show. Tickets available online an include a free drink along with parking validation.
- Pacific Gallery hosts special art collection reveals and events year-round. The most recent was TAVI art by our very own modern Picasso, Arellano Gustavo. Make this the very occasion for that special date, or introduce your family to brilliant works of art at Pacific Gallery. Be sure to visit for the biggest surf inspired art exhibition in Huntington Beach history. This August 2022 will feature the Gathering of the Creative Surf Tribes highlighting over thirty artists. What a fabulous theme to match your SoCal stay. Mark your calendars.
- After catching waves, come by and catch Santa. Santa Claus at Pacific City during Christmas and the holiday season. Take memorable photos of his festive airstream decorated just as you would imagine. It’s totally rad and so SoCal.
Pacific City In The Know: Tips & Pet Policy
- It’s the beach, so leashed pets are welcome. Many stores welcome well behaved pooches and most restaurants with patio seating are happy to host you and your dog. Simmizy offers a cool pet patio. Check directly with the restaurant for its service dog and pet policies.
- There is a convenient family room for privacy and comfort. Located on Level One next to M.AC.
- Sign up for the newsletter to receive money saving discounts, current promotions, and valuable merchant news. Receive exclusive sales events from your favorite retailer or be motivated to try something new and save money.
- Custom curated packages are available so you won’t miss the entire retail, restaurant, and entertainment experience. Make this trip unforgettable by getting that specific reservation or making certain that your entire group can celebrate a once in a life time affair together. VIP services and discounts are also available. Contact the website for more details. Email: [email protected]
Pacific City Parking
- Garage self-parking is located at Pacific Avenue between 1st and Huntington Street.
- Free Parking is Monday-Thursday from 9 am to 2pm ONLY. You must leave before 2pm to qualify for free parking. It is highly recommended to check the website directly for more information regarding seasonal parking and rates.
- Spend $150 or more and receive free validation from participating merchants.
- Paying for parking is simple with two payment stations located on Level 1 near Gelateria Zomolo and at P1 West of Camden.
- Valet Parking is available and Pacific City uses the app Flash Valet to make your visit special and effortless. Simply text when you are ready to call your car, and paying is seamless using a credit card. Great service to the very end, even the valet staff can direct you to local attractions and nearby entertainment.
- Beach and city parking passes are not valid at Pacific City.
Pacific City Hotels
PASEA HOTEL AND SPA
21080-CA1, Huntington Beach
The Pasea Hotel and Spa is where world-class luxury and premier seaside accommodations take your breath away. Rooms and suites are a California dream. The vibe here is SoCal chic meets vibrant minimalist. Ocean view rooms offer the splendor of the golden coast and are a must for that amazing stay. Amenities are ample and luxe, featuring the finest in spa products, and the crowning of a white luxuriant robe. Steps away from Pacific City make this hotel and spa a natural choice. Pasea Hotel is a beach front location offering free Wi-Fi, 24hr room service, night club, bicycle rental, shuttle service, concierge service and much more. Families can enjoy their stay with wonderful activities for children and there is an array of wellness services for all. Pets are welcome for an extra charge.
HILTON WATERFRONT RESORT & SPA
21100 Pacific Coast Hwy, Huntington Beach
Stay at this Perfectly located resort that is just a breathtaking 5-minute walk to the sand and just as close to Pacific City. Expect nothing less than an upscale atmosphere with all the trendy leisure Southern California is admired for. Reviews of this Resort rave about the large swimming pool, beach bonfires and a unique roof top lounge. Dining and drinks are perfect at the rooftop bar or just order in and dine with views of the California copper sunset. The resort includes Wi-Fi, a large fitness room, EV charging, business center, and of course is pet friendly. The Hilton Waterfront Resort offers full cleaning service after four nights or more, good to know if you’re bringing the whole gang. Want to just chill with craft beer and a pizza? Hero Pizza is a great place to have a hand-crafted pizza .
HYATT REGENCY HUNTINGTON BEACH
21500 Pacific Coast Hwy
(714) 698 1234
The Hyatt is a Favorite hotel for its Spanish inspired architecture and great family suites. It’s just a five-minute walk to Pacific City. The Hyatt is newly renovated and prides itself on the oversized suites with ample space and rooms with private balconies or patios for al fresco anything. Pets are very welcome. There is the kid’s favorite Slyder’s Water Playground, a well-equipped 24hr Stay-fit gym, gift shop and a children’s Camp Hyatt. The Hyatt Regency offers bicycle rental, shuttle service and full-service amenities with a resort fee each night.
|Shopping Centers in Orange County||Best Downtowns in Orange County|
|City of Huntington Beach||Things to do in Huntington Beach|
|Beach Bonfires & Fire Pits in Orange County||Best Beaches In Orange County|