Orange County certainly doesn’t lack for fun destinations or fantastic beaches. If you’re going to enjoy them, you might as well do it in style. If you’re looking for the best beach resorts in Orange County, we’ve already done the research for you. Keep reading to discover five of the best beach resorts in Orange County.
The Montage Laguna Beach bills itself as a place where you can find seaside luxury… and it definitely delivers.
This sprawling beachfront sanctuary sits above the Pacific on 30 acres of prime Laguna Beach real estate that affords incredible ocean views from anywhere on the property. Newly updated and redesigned to offer breezy rooms with plenty of natural light that shows off the contemporary California style, exclusive art and photographs in its luxurious rooms. The Montage has everything you want and need for a vacation or staycation in a prime resort.
- Spa Montage is the resort’s luxurious on-site spa that specializes in destressing and pampering you. Melt away your workday tension in the eucalyptus steam rooms, dry redwood saunas, or ocean-air whirlpools. Don’t forget to try the signature California Wildflower Massage, exclusive to Spa Montage.
- Boutique and salon services are available in the spa.
- Robust kids’ program, including a Montage Merit Badge system that adds extra fun for younger guests.
- The rooms are equipped with eco-friendly luxury linens and robes.
- Live piano music in the Lobby Lounge.
- A gorgeous central mosaic pool overlooking the Pacific Ocean with plenty of chairs and umbrellas for your comfort.
- Three on-site restaurants that take full advantage of Laguna Beach’s access to exquisitely fresh ingredients, as well as in-room and private dining options. Unique to the Montage is the intimate Chef’s Table dining experience, where up to 12 guests can enjoy a view into the executive chef’s creative domain while sampling an incredible menu. Chef’s Table includes a private sommelier.
In the Neighborhood
Located in Laguna Beach, the Montage offers easy access to town and a convenient – and luxe – home base to explore local attractions like Disneyland, museums or the art festivals.
There’s a lot to love about the Montage Laguna Beach. However, the three-course gourmet tea on Saturdays and Sundays is one of our favorite things. A close second is the Coastal Chords program, which provides music-loving guests with high-quality Taylor guitars so they can strum while they vacation.
Montage Laguna Beach is located at 30801 S Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA 92651
Right across from the beach, the elegant Hyatt Regency hotel sprawls along Pacific Coast Highway in all its Spanish-inspired glory
The comfortable, airy white rooms bring the essence of the beach inside the hotel. Outside, a private footbridge gives guests easy access to the beach. A beach concierge service will provide chairs and umbrellas for you so you can enjoy the Pacific Ocean without the stress of having to pack for it.
The Hyatt prides itself on family-oriented luxury. As amazing as the beach is, you never really have to leave the hotel to have a great time. There are three pristine pools on site for both kids and adults, and a children’s waterpark complete with slides. Kids can have tons of fun in Camp Hyatt while parents take advantage of the hotel’s full-service spa, Pacific Waters.
- 2 poolside restaurants, plus room service.
- Three full restaurants: cuisine runs the gamut between Watertable’s seasonal-focused fine dining and world-class vintage wines to the beach-casual Pete’s Sunset Grill. Grab a slice at Tower 15 Pizza or poolside service from Shubee’s Bar and Cafe or Mankota’s Grill.
- Three pools including Slyder’s, a children’s water park with slides.
- Beach amenities – towels, beach chairs and umbrellas – are included.
- Camp Hyatt has daily games, arts, crafts and scavenger hunts under the supervision of dedicated counsellors. During the summer, kids who can swim can have extra magical story time in the pool during Mermaid Magic.
In the Neighborhood
- Blocks from one of the only dog-friendly beaches in SoCal, 30 minutes from Disneyland and California Adventure, and conveniently located near fantastic shopping at Pacific City, South Coast Plaza, and Fashion Island.
- Pacific Waters Spa is a oasis where you can step away from the bustle of the city and enjoy much-needed time for relaxation and rejuvenation. Pacific Waters offers a variety of treatments and packages including private bath therapies, cbd massage, prenatal massage, body wraps and scrubs, and more.
- Pet-friendly. For an extra charge, dogs 50 lbs and under may stay in guest rooms. Two dogs may stay as long as the combined weight is 75 lbs or less.
The Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach is located at 21500 Pacific Coast Hwy, Huntington Beach, CA 92648.
The Surf and Sand Resort is a slice of Mediterranean heaven without the need for a passport. This 167-room hotel is built right on the beach for unbelievable views. This jewel of a resort in the artist haven of Laguna Beach boasts restful luxury rooms decorated with original artwork from local artists. No wonder the Surf and Sand was voted into the top 25 Southern California Resorts by Conde Nast Travelers Reader’s Choice Awards!
- Beachside pool with a luxurious redesigned pool deck and cabanas.
- Beach access complete with a beach concierge to provide towels, chairs and umbrellas.
- Two restaurants and a bar. Pacific Perk is your fast stop for casual food or morning coffee, while Splashes is the resort’s signature full-service restaurant and makes culinary magic out of fresh local seafood and other ingredients.
- The Aquaterra Spa is a luxury full-service spa that will put the amp in your pampering.
- Surf and Sand offers in-room camping for kids, a s’mores & snores activity, and a special Gramping package for grandparents who want a vacation with their favorite kids.
In the Neighborhood
- Surf and Sand is directly on the beach, within walking distance to the seaside treasure that is Laguna Beach. The free summer trolley makes exploring the town fun and simple.
- Surf and Sand is pet friendly. Some restrictions do apply, such as a 25 pound weight limit. ADA-assistance animals are always welcome.
Surf And Sand Resort is located at 1555 S Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA 92651.
Experience Laguna Beach luxury like you live there! Sunset Cove Villas is a vacation sanctuary that allows you to rent one of eight incredible beachfront rental properties. Choose from a one-, two- or three-bedroom villa and settle in for a private beach vacation like no other.
Sunset Cove is located near all the dining and shopping you need and provides all the privacy you could want. The villas do share a magical common area with fantastic ocean views, and a single staircase is your gateway to pristine and private Sleepy Hollow beach.
- Private garages per villa.
- Fully equipped kitchens. The local grocery store across the street makes getting supplies for home cooking a snap.
- Immaculately kept grounds, including gas barbeques and a firepit in the lushly appointed common area.
- Jetted tubs in the villas.
- Get free high-speed wifi when you book directly.
- All the beach amenities you need to enjoy gorgeous Cleo Beach.
- The beach service even includes sand toys!
In the Neighborhood
- Right above the beach and located within an easy stroll of shopping, dining, and everything Laguna Beach has to offer.
- If the private beach with reserved seating isn’t enough for your needs, Sunset Cove patrons can use the pool for free at sister property Holiday Inn Laguna Beach.
Sunset Cove Villas is located at 683 Sleepy Hollow Lane, Laguna Beach, California 92651
The Resort at Pelican Hill in Newport Beach puts the luxe in luxury. The two-, three- and four-bedroom Italianate villas are exquisitely furnished, immaculately maintained, and come with the stunning views you’d expect from a 16th century aristocratic resort in Tuscany… but this one is practically in your backyard.
From the moment you drive through the gate at this exclusive enclave, your every need is taken care of. Gracing over 500 acres of gorgeous land, the Resort at Pelican Hill boasts a private clubhouse and the famous Coliseum Pool, as well as an on-site spa and golf course.
- Rooms and suites are appointed with limestone fireplaces, private terraces (most with ocean views) hand-hewn wood beam ceilings, marble soaking baths, and more.
- 36-hole professional-grade golf course overlooking the ocean. It might be hard to keep your eye on the ball instead of the scenery.
- Six on-site dining choices, ranging from casual to top-of-the-line elegance, all focusing on fresh, seasonal flavors.
- Dedicated concierge staff that will arrange anything you need for your stay as well as valet service. Villas come with butler service.
- On-site spa that has separate men’s and women’s Relaxation Lounges, a salon and boutique, and a thoroughly hedonistic spa menu. The Spa at Pelican Hill also has more than 25 complimentary weekly wellness classes and guided beach walks.
- Limo service to Fashion Island.
- Camp Pelican is dedicated to younger travelers, and every amenity is provided in the Clubhouse, from big screen TVs and karaoke to full computer stations, books, board games, foosball and their own pool and bubble jet fountain.
In the Neighborhood
- In Newport Beach, you’re within easy distance to everything Orange County has to offer from surfing at the wedge to shopping at Fashion Island… if you actually want to leave the resort.
- The Resort at Pelican Hill is so luxurious that it’s hard to pick a single standout feature but the Coliseum pool with its one million hand-laid glass mosaic tiles is pretty spectacular.
Pelican Hill is located at 22701 Pelican Hill Road South, Newport Coast, CA 92657.
|10 Staycations in Orange County||Best Day Spas In Orange County|
|Lido House Review||Wine Tasting in Orange County|
|Beach Bonfires & Fire Pits in Orange County||Restaurants With A View in Orange County|
Kelly Smith is the owner of Blue Rose Copywriting and enjoys tea, music, and all things Orange County.