Come out for the annual OC Japan Fair at the OC Fair & Event Center. Observe Japanese traditions, taste delicious Japanese food, and experience live performances, hands on activities, and of course – there’s anime.
OC Japan Fair Details
Where: Orange County Fair & Event Center
Address: 88 Fair Dr, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Friday, October 27 – Sunday, October 29, 2023
Friday – 5 to 11 PM
Saturday – 12 to 10 PM
Sunday – 10 AM to 5 PM
Tickets: $10 for ages 7 to 64 + Parking: $10
Things to do at OC Japan Fair
- Performances: Japanese cultural performances will entertain with a variety of the performances such as J-POP Music, Kimono models, taiko drum performances, martial arts demonstrations, and traditional dance, and a Cosplay Show.
- Cultural Exhibits & Workshops: Participate in traditional craft workshops of Shodo (Japanese calligraphy), Kimono, and traditional family games.
- Food: The Vendors from all across Japan & US come to share Japanese food culture and demonstrations during this event. Taste Japanese-inspired bites such as sushi, sashimi, Kaguro katsu sandos, Taiyaki (fish waffle), ramen, Yakisoba, Yakitori chicken, mochi, wagyu beef, Hamada-ya, egg dishes, tenkatori karage, and more.
- Drinks: Experience sake tasting and drink Japanese beers such as Asahi.
- Craft Vendors: Hundreds of vendors will have merchandise and traditional crafts ranging from jewelry and anime to apparel and kawaii toys. Plus a gaming arena.
- Anime/Cosplay: Join the annual cosplay. There are lots of Anime goods vendors to explore Japanese inspired artists!
- Oiran Dochu (“alluring procession“): Experience Japan with Japan’s traditional procession-reenactment of processions, , courtesans of Yoshiwara in the Edo Period.
- Tuna Cutting Show: Watch as large Maguro fish are sliced on stage taste some of the freshest, most delicious Tuna sushi available.
- Photo Backdrops: Photo opportunities for Instagram and TikTok.
- Japanese Garden: The garden has plants, straw mats and wind chimes.
- Main Café: Experience an environment similar to the famous maid cafés of Akihabara with the festival’s very own maid café pop up.
OC Japan Fair Highlights
OC Japan Fair is committed to bringing the best Japanese food, culture, and art. With over 130 booths and an estimated 45,000 visitors.
The event features an exciting exhibit from Japan, The Tuna Cutting Show, and attendees can experience some of the freshest, most delicious Tuna sushi available. See it on the main stage.
No one’s leaving hungry! Sushi, Ramen, Takoyaki, Yakisoba, Okonomiyaki, and more. Some of the food vendors participating at past events included:
- Kuramoto Shavery
- Got Corn?
- Mr. Bully
- Gong Su Gan
- SVR BBQ
- Ashita no Kaze by Takara ramen Inc.
- Kanto Filipino Street Food
- A Cup Of Sushi
- Amami-Ya – Baby Castella
- Aoki No Chuuka
- Hawaiian Honey Cones
- Aki Takoyaki
- Tokyo Yakisoba
- Sukiyuki LA
- Hot Bamboo
- Rated R Ramen Burger
- Big and Long Swirl Potato
- Arcane Cafe
- Pocari Sweat
- Tokyo Style
- Rockin Gyoza
- Luckball Korean BBQ
- Okamoto Kitchen
|Fairs & Festivals in Orange County||Orange County Events|
|Taste of Orange County Events||Art Walks in Orange County|
|Oktoberfests in Orange County||Holiday Craft Fairs|
Heidi Deal is the author of the Newcomers Handbook to Living In Los Angeles & Orange County, and a children’s book author specializing in history and human rights.