City National Grove of Anaheim is an indoor music venue that neighbors the historic Angel Stadium. Originally an awards themed restaurant called Tinseltown that opened in November of 1998, the venue closed less than a year later and reopened as a concert venue named The Sun Theatre. In 2011 the venue was renamed The City National Grove of Anaheim. The Grove seats 1,700 and is operated by Nederlander Concerts of Los Angeles.
City National Grove of Anaheim
Address: 2200 East Katella Ave., Anaheim 92806
Phone number: (714) 712-2700
Box Office Hours:
Monday – Friday: 10:00am – 6:00pm (later on show nights)
Saturday: 12 Noon – 4:00pm (later on show nights)
General Parking: Parking lot opens one hour prior to doors opening. Parking is shared with Angel stadium and costs $15 per car on the day of the show. You may pay by either cash or pre-pay by card.
Equal Access Parking: Parking is offered on a first come, first serve basis, however parking is equal access, just ask a parking attendant for assistance.
Seating varies depending on the event and policies, but some events allow for in-show dining.
Premium Seating Program: Seating in the Premium Seating program gives members the ability to get hard to get tickets first, up-to-date information and avoiding the ticket line. Premium Seating Packages also include Tier 1 Access, VIP Parking with select shows, access to the Crystal Lounge, access to purchase VIP tickets to other Nederlander events, and tickets delivered to your door. The annual membership program includes the following levels:
- Gold – includes 20 tickets to concerts and events
- Diamond – includes 14 tickets
- Silver – includes 10 tickets
- Bronze – includes 6 tickets
Guests who purchase VIP tickets or annual membership packages will have access to the City National Bank Crystal Lounge and private bar. Some events allow for guests to eat dinner during the show, dinner is a prix fixe that includes a salad, three options for an entrée and dessert. Outside food and beverages are not allowed in the venue.
City National Grove of Anaheim Tips and Venue Information
The venue of the City National Grove of Anaheim offers guests the ability to be casual yet comfortable.
The venue does not allow outside food or beverage inside but has a good selection of concessions available.
Many recommend checking before buying tickets to verify that the Angels do not have a game the same day as the concert being that parking lot is shared with Angels stadium and can cause havoc on the parking here. Consider arriving early.
Groups are allowed for select events and allows for a discount.
Noteworthy Past Performers
Past performers include Merle Haggard, Prince, George Lopez, Bob Dylan, B.B. King, and Air Supply, just to name a few.
Events at City National Grove of Anaheim
Note: Due to COVID-19, concerts have either altered their format or rescheduled for next year.
Shows Planned For 2022
- Led Zepagain – January 8, 2022
- The Simon & Garfunkel Story – January 13, 2022
- REO Speedwagon – January 14, 2022
- Cat & Nat – January 15, 2022
- Sammy Rae & The Friends – January 16, 2022
- Starship Featuring Mickey Thomas – January 29, 2022
- Which One’s Pink – February 5, 2022
- Morissette – February 11, 2022
- DSB – February 19, 2022
- Eric Johnson – February 25, 2022
- Davood Behboodi – February 26, 2022
- Disney Princess: The Concert – February 27, 2022
- LOL Surprise! Live – March 6, 2022
- Dinosaur World – March 13, 2022
- Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood Live – March 24, 2022
- #IMOMSOHARD – April 23, 2022
- Friends: The Musical Parody – May 13, 2022
- W.A.S.P – October 29, 2022
- Tyler Henry – Hollywood Medium – December 1-2, 2022
Shows Planned for 2021
- AJ Entertainment Presents Bijan Mortazavi – July 17, 2021
- Sad Summer Festival – August 7, 2021
- Air Supply – August 21, 2021
- Moenia – September 4, 2021
- CNCO – September 5, 2021
- Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo – September 7, 2021
- Starship Featuring Mickey Thomas – September 17, 2021
- Chiquis – September 25, 2021
- Chris Isaak – September 29, 2021
- The Fab Four – October 1, 2021
- LOL Surprise! Live: Calling All B.B.s – October 2, 2021
- First Light with Arnel Pineda and Bamboo – October 3, 2021
- The Brian McKnight 4 – October 8, 2021
- AJ Presents Shahram Solati – October 9, 2021
- Franco Escamilla – October 15, 2021
- Skillet – October 16, 2021
- Amy Grant – October 20, 2021
- Whitney Cummings: Touch Me Tour – October 22, 2021
- Nate Bargatze: The Raincheck Tour – October 23, 2021
- Christopher Cross: 40th Anniversary Tour – October 27, 2021
- Gipsy Kings featuring Nicolas Reyes – November 7, 2021
- Cirque Musica Holiday Spectacular – November 12, 2021
- Patton Oswalt: Who’s Ready To Laugh? – November 13, 2021
- Whose Live Anyway – November 19, 2021
- Musiq Soulchild – November 20, 2021
- Tyler Henry Hollywood Medium – December 2-3, 2021
- Bert Kreischer – December 18-19, 2021
Orange County is known for a plethora of activities and events and everyone looks forward to being fully open once again! In the meantime, the City National Grove of Anaheim is still a great place enjoy one of the many drive-in events.
*Image courtesy of Nederlander Concerts
|Live Music Venues in Orange County||Angel Stadium of Anaheim|
|Orange County Breweries||City of Anaheim|
|Orange County Drive-In Events||Fairs & Festivals in Orange County|
Rebecca graduated from Cal State Long Beach with a degree in journalism. She enjoys watching hockey, scuba diving, swimming, and working out.