Get the latest updates and announcements at the D23 Expo, the world’s biggest Disney Fan event at the Anaheim Convention Center. Now marking the sixth biennial Expo in Anaheim, fans will gather to explore all things Disney – including Marvel, Pixar, and Star Wars.
D23 is the official Disney fan club, with D representing Disney and 23 representing 1923, the year the company was founded by Walt Disney. In addition to the Expo, D23 members receive a quarterly publication, Disney twenty-three, annual gifts, invites to members-only events, access to exclusive merchandise, plus early access and discounts at the D23 Expo. It’s estimated that 100,000 people attended the 2017 event. A smaller event, Destination D is held on non-expo years.
Destination D will be held at Walt Disney World Florida November 19-21, 2021.
D23 Announcements & News
Here is a magical D23 recap focused on Disney SoCal parks and Disney movie and show announcements. Stay tuned for more…
Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure: Disney revealed that the new super hero Marvel-themed Disney park will be called Avengers Campus. The first phase of the Avengers Campus opened at Disney California Adventure park in June 2021. Disneyland Paris and Hong Kong Disneyland will open Avengers Campuses later.
Magic Happens Parade: A new parade called “Magic Happens” is headed to Disneyland in the spring, with floats celebrating films like Moana, Coco, Sleeping Beauty and more!
Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway: Based on the recent Mickey Mouse cartoons. Coming to Walt Disney World/Hollywood Studios and then Disneyland/Toontown in 2022.
“Jungle Cruise” Film: Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Emily Blunt star in the live-action Jungle Cruise movie inspired by the Disneyland and Disney World attractions of the same name. See the official Jungle Cruise trailer…
“Raya and The Last Dragon” Film: Disney’s Raya and the Last Dragon, starring Cassie Steele (Raya) and Awkwafina (Sisu, the Last Dragon).
“Cruella” Film: Emma Stone will play Cruella de Vil and it will take place in the punk rock era of the 1970s.
“Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker”: Check out the poster for Star Wars: #TheRiseOfSkywalker. The Emperor has returned! Shots from the D23 presentation showed Rey clad in Sith black, holding a double-bladed red lightsaber.
Disney +: Every single Disney movie “from the vault” will initially be available on Disney +, Disney’s new streaming service, beginning November 12, 2019. There will also be exclusive content such as “High School Musical: The Musical”, “Star Wars: The Clone Wars”, “Star Wars: Captain Cassian Andor”, “Star Wars: The Mandalorian”, “Monsters Inc: Monsters at Work”, “High Fidelity”, “Marvel’s Loki”, “Pixar’s Sparkshorts”, “Lady & The Tramp”, “Disney’s Ink & Paint Documentary”, “Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Candace Against the Universe”, “Diary of a Female President”, “Muppets Now”, “Togo: The Untold True Story”, “Timmy Failure Mistakes Were Made”, “Stargirl”, “WandaVision”, “The Falcon and The Winter Soldier”, “The World According to Jeff Goldblum”, “Ms. Marvel”, “She-Hulk”, and “Moon Knight”, “Lizzie McGuire”, and a new Christmas movie called “Noelle”.
“Star Wars: The Mandalorian”: The first live-action Star Wars series, only on Disney Plus. Now Streaming.
“She Hulk”, “Ms. Marvel, “Moon Night”: All original series from Marvel Studios coming out only on Disney+.
“One Day at Disney”: Disney’s “Secret Project” is called “One Day at Disney”, A 244-page coffee table book, feature-length documentary (mockumentary-style), and new series spotlighting the people who bring Disney to life. Now available.
Opening Video Montage: The opening video montage included brand new footage from Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, Lady and the Tramp, and Frozen 2.
D23 Expo Details
Past: August 23-25, 2019
Next year TBA
Anaheim Convention Center
800 W Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA 92802
- 3 -Day Tickets – All 3-Day tickets are SOLD OUT
- D23 Gold Member – $79 for Adults, $59 for Children. Saturday tickets are SOLD OUT. Tickets are only available for Friday & Sunday.
- Non D23 Gold Member – $89 for Adults, $69 for Children. Saturday is SOLD OUT. Tickets are only available for Friday & Sunday.
- Children’s tickets are for ages 3 – 9. Children under 3 are admitted free.
Ticket holders will receive D23 Expo Badges enabled with RFID tech. Before heading to the Expo, activate your badge online or on the D23 Expo Official Mobile App. Your D23 badge is your key to securing advance reservations for shows and stores, participation is Disney and Friends of Disney opportunities, pick up photos taken at D23 experiences, redeem D23 Gold Member gifts, and more. Badges will be mailed beginning August 5th. Your badge will be required for admission to activities, sessions, and booths, and to check in for StagePass, TalentPass, and StorePass reservations. You must also scan your badge when you leave the event or you may not be able to re-enter.
iHeart stations such as 104.3 MYfm and Alt 98.7 are giving away 4-packs of tickets. Alt 98.7 and MYclub members can enter for a chance to win a family four-pack of tickets to attend Sunday, August 25 and experience all things Disney. You can also listen to MyFM stations (8/12/19-8/18/19). After you hear “the cue to call” be the designated caller at 1-866-544-MYFM (1-866-544-6936) and win your tickets! For Alt 98.7 to listen to the Woody Show.
Events & Activities
D23 is the ultimate fan experience. Opportunities and experiences at the 2019 expo included:
- Sneak peeks at upcoming projects and films
- Celebrity appearances
- Panels and Presentations by Disney luminaries
- Updates about new features at Disney Parks & Resorts
- Find out what Disney Imagineering is working on
- A Disney Legends Ceremony
- Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives exhibition
- Live entertainment
- Dancing With The Stars and Disney
- Mousequerade Presented by Raw Threads
- Behind the Art of Disney Costuming: Heroes, Villains, and Spaces Between
- Haunted Mansion: Celebrating 50 Years
- Women of Impact: Meet the NatGeo Explorers Changing The World
- Digging Deep: Uncovering Disney’s Hidden History
- Making Holiday Magic at Disney Parks
- Immersive Worlds: Bringing Films to Life in Disney Parks
- Collecting The Creepy: 50 Years of Haunted Mansion Merchandise
- Heroines of the Disney Galaxies Presented By BoxLunch
- Inspiring Women Behind Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Disneyland ’59: Matterhorn, the Monorail, and Submarine Voyage
More 2019 Panels & Presentations:
- Great Moments with Walt Disney – 8/23 at 10:30 am
- Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series – Episode II First Look – 8/23 at 2:00 pm
- Behind the Scenes with The Walt Disney Studios – 8/24 at 10 am
- Disney on Broadway: A 25th Anniversary Celebration – 8/24 at 3:30 pm
- A Musical Celebration of Aladdin – 8/24 at 5:30 pm
- The Little Mermaid: The 30th Anniversary Celebration! – 8/25 at 10 am
- Hidden Gems of the Walt Disney Animation Research Library: Preserving and Inspiring the Disney Legacy – 8/25 at 12 pm
- The Art of Disney Storytelling – 8/25 at 3 pm
- World Premiere: Walt Disney Animation Studios Presents Short Circuit – 8/25 at 4 pm
- Disney Character Voices, Inc: The 30th Anniversary Celebration – 8/25 at 4:15 pm
- Two Worlds, One Family: The Making of Tarzan – 8/25 at 5:45 pm
On the 2019 Show Floor
- Pixar and Walt Disney Animation Studios – Guests will find out more about Frozen 2 and Onward, meet teams behind the films, exclusive art autograph signings, promotional giveaways, and more.
- Disney on Broadway – Celebrate the 25th anniversary with VR experiences with Aladdin, Frozen, and The Lion King and more.
- Lucasfilm Pavilion – See exhibits and displays including the evolution of the Stormtrooper, Star Wars costumes used in the films, video shorts, and interactive kids’ activities.
- Marvel Studios Pavilion – Experience exclusive Avengers vidoes, see the Marvel costume gallery, talent signings, participate in trivia games, and more.
- Inside the World Of Avatar – Experience props, costumes, and models from the film and a preview of the making of Pandora – The World of Avatar at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Disney Music Emporium – Album Signings and Exclusive Products – Disney Music Emporiums pop up shop features collectible Disney music products, album signings by artists and composers, including Randy Newman, Tyler Bates, Anthony Gonzales, Matthew Morrison, and JD McCrary.
StorePass: Reserve a spot for your designated shopping time at Disney DreamStore, Disney Store, or Mickey’ of Glendale. One StorePass reservation per day. Arrive at your shopping location at least five minutes before your reservation.
StagePass: Reserve entry to sessions at Hall D23, D23 Expo Arena, Stage 29, and Walt Disney Archives Stage. Two StagePass reservations per day (at different stages). Arrive one hour before Hall D23 sessions, and 30 minutes before sessions at other stages.
TalentPass: Reserve your spot for experiences, signings, photos and more at Talent Central and across the Show Floor. You may reserve up to three TalentPasses per day and arrive 15 minutes early for your reserved time.
Download the D23 Expo App for full access to all-things Expo including making and managing your reservations, getting all the latest updates, and getting pre-event reminders.