Bring on the music! FivePoint Amphitheater in Irvine is now open and adding more events to the calendar every day. The 12,000 seat outdoor venue replaces the iconic Irvine Meadows that closed in 2016 after 36 years of live music to make room for apartments. The current, temporary location of Five Point Amphitheater is locked in for three years, with talks to have a permanent venue developed in the Orange County Great Park. All events at Five Point Amphitheater are all ages but strollers will not be permitted into the venue. Guests may bring signs that are no larger than 8.5 by 11 inches. All bags may be searched upon entering the venue.
Five Point Amphitheater
Address: 14800 Chinon, Irvine, CA 92618
Phone Number: 949-988-6800
Box Office Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Day of Show 12:00 pm until headliner is on stage
General Parking: Included in price of ticket
Premium Parking: $50
RV/Limo Parking: $75
Guaranteed Up Front Parking: $100
Seating at FivePoint Amphitheater can accommodate up to 12,000 attendees. The temporary venue includes sections 1-6, which are the closest sections to the stage with portable seats on the lawn. The remaining sections are temporary seats on a bleacher-style foundation with each level rising slightly to maximize the view.
If you want the best seat in the house to all your favorite shows, premium seating is available to purchase for the season. Amenities include centrally located box seats, wait staff to provide service to your seats, premium parking, and a VIP Lounge with seating and a full service bar and private restrooms.
A variety of delicious concessions are available for purchase at FivePoint Amphitheater. Concessions are provided by Hanjip Korean BBQ, Cassell’s Hamburgers, and Tackle Box Tacos. Alcoholic beverages are available for purchase at the venue, but guests are not permitted to bring outside beverages into Five Point Amphitheater. Recent talks indicate that concessions may be expanded by offering selections prepared by local Top Chef contestants.
FivePoint Amphitheater Parking
Free general parking is included in the price of your ticket but be prepared for a walk on asphalt. The main general parking lot is located on Chinon. Premium and VIP parking is available but must be purchased online before the event. There is a separate lot for Premium, VIP, Limo, and Up Front Parking that is located at the entrance on Marine Way. Limited accessible/handicapped parking is available in the VIP/Premium Parking Lot, but it may cost you a few drinks and the. Accessible parking usually fills up. Follow the signs near the venue to easily locate the appropriate parking lot. Drop Offs and Ride Share will enter on Marine Way.
FivePoint Amphitheater Tips & Venue Information
- Be careful with navigation directions as many are wrong since the venue is new. There is no venue entrance from Alton or Barranca. The only entrances are off Sand Canyon and Irvine Blvd.
- There is a dedicated Uber, Lyft, Taxi pickup area right outside the venue.
- Easy entrance with security scan.
- The designated driver program offers free soda or water.
- Seating is erected on chairs placed on aluminum rafters similar to a high school field. The seats with higher elevation can get cold if it is windy.
- Seats in the first 2 sections are portable seats on grass with not much elevation.
- There is no free WiFi.
- Entering and exiting the venue is slow. Expect to take some time to get in and out of the parking lots.
- The amphitheater itself is not an amphitheater. It is a temporary venue set up on the old airport runway and includes a temporary stage, temporary turf, and temporary aluminum bleachers.
- Mercury Insurance customers receive member perks at FivePoint Amphitheater that include a free VIP parking upgrade when you show your insurance ID card to the parking attendant, Fast Lane Access with valid Mercury ID, and occasional pre-sale access to select events.
- The bathrooms are a mixture of port-o-potties, and can get stinky with long lines.
- Alcohol $20 margarita, $17 beer
- This is a Budweiser / Pepsi venue that offers a variety of choices like Shock Top and Aquafina.
- People have reported handicapped parking is limited and runs out.
- Smaller sized bags/back packs
- Cameras – nonprofessional only, no detachable lenses
- Food – in a clear, 1-gallon ziplock bag
- Water – up to 1 gallon in a factory sealed or empty bottle
What’s Not Allowed
- Weapons of any kind
- Illegal drugs/substances
- Glass containers
- Hard sided/large coolers
- Large or oversized bags/back packs, such as luggage, duffel bags, or industrial/camping-sized back
- Laser pointers
- Animals (except service animals)
Events at FivePoint Amphitheater
2018 Country Mega Ticket
Stars Align Tour: Jeff Beck & Paul Rodgers and Ann Wilson of Heart
Logic Presents: Bobby Tarantino VS. Everybody Tour with NF, Kyle
KLOS Whiplash Presents: Five Finger Death Punch and Breaking Benjamin with Nothing More and Bad Wolves.
G-Eazy – The Endless Summer Tour with Lil Uzi Vert, Ty Dolla $ign, YBN Nahmir, P-Lo, and Murda Beatz
KLOS Presents: Jukebox Heroes – Foreigner with Whitesnake, Jason Bonham’s Led Zepplin Evening
Godsmack with Shinedown
Niall Horan: Flicker World Tour 2018
Coheed And Cambria with Taking Back Sunday and The Story So Far
2018 Honda Civic Tour Presents Charlie Puth Voicenotes with Hailee Steinfeld
Kid Rock + Brantley Gilbert: Red Blooded Rock N Roll Redneck Extravaganza with Wheeler Walker Jr.
Lady Antebellum & Darius Rucker: Summer Plays On Tour with Russell Dickerson
KLOS Whiplash Presents: Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson
Evanescence + Lindsey Stirling
Scorpions with Queensryche
Good Vibes with Jason Mraz
Rascal Flatts: Back to US Tour 2018 with Dan + Shay and Trent Harmon
95.9 The Fish Family Night
KLOS Presents: Deep Purple and Judas Priest with The Temperance Movement
Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphys
Jason Aldean: High Noon Neon Tour 2018 with Dee Jay Silver, Luke Combs, and Lauren Alaina
KROQ Presents Rise Against – Mourning in Amerika Tour with AFI and Anti-Flag
For a complete and updated list of events visit FivePoint Amphitheater Events.
FivePoint Amphitheater History
Orange County’s primary music venue was Irvine Meadows (Verizon Wireless Amphitheater) which opened in 1981. The lease on the property that contained Irvine meadows and the old Wild Rivers Water park expired in 2016, and the Irvine Company prepared to raze the existing amphitheater to build the second phase of an apartment community, Los Olivos. A partnership between FivePoint and Live Nation led to an agreement that locked in development of a new temporary live music venue in an undeveloped area of the Orange County Great Park. Live Nation and FivePoint continue to work with the City of Irvine, with a goal to develop a large, permanent venue near the undeveloped Cultural Terrace area of the Great Park by 2020.