Bring on the music! FivePoint Amphitheatre in Irvine is open and adding more events to the calendar every day. The 12,000 seat outdoor venue replaces the iconic Irvine Meadows that closed in 2016 after 36 years of live music to make room for apartments.
On the evening of October 23, 2023, FivePoint Amphitheatre bid farewell to its temporary run with the final performance by Zac Brown Band. Initially erected as a temporary location following the closure of the Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre, it was meant to serve until a more permanent venue could be established. However, the landscape has evolved, and due to ongoing residential development, road access and parking for the venue are no longer feasible. As part of this transition, the City of Irvine has concluded its partnership with Live Nation and is currently in the process of examining the steps and timeline for constructing a new amphitheater within the Great Park to replace the temporary FivePoint Amphitheatre.
The current, temporary location of Five Point Amphitheater is locked in for at least three years, with talks to have a permanent venue developed in the Orange County Great Park. All events at Five Point Amphitheater are all ages but strollers will not be permitted into the venue. Guests may bring signs that are no larger than 8.5 by 11 inches. All bags may be searched upon entering the venue.
Address: 14800 Chinon, Irvine, CA 92618
Phone Number: 949-988-6800
Box Office Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Seating Capacity: 12,000-capacity outdoor venue
General Parking: Free (included in price of ticket)
Premium Parking: Price Varies
RV/Limo Parking: $150
Guaranteed Parking: $100
Opening: One hour before scheduled showtimes.
Parking & Directions
FivePoint COVID Policy
FivePoint does NOT check for proof of COVID vaccination and a face mask is not required.
Please note that as official local health guidelines evolve regarding COVID-19 safety protocols, the venue may change policies or shift seating configurations and increase/decrease capacity.
Seating at FivePoint Amphitheater can accommodate up to 12,000 attendees. The temporary venue includes Orchestra sections 1-4 (left, mid, and right sections) which are the closest sections to the stage with portable seats on the lawn. Sections 201-204, and bleacher seating, sections 301-306, with each level rising slightly to maximize the view.
FivePoint Seating Map (view, download or print)
If you want the best seat in the house to all your favorite shows, premium seating is available to purchase for the season. Amenities include centrally located box seats, wait staff to provide service to your seats, premium parking, and a VIP Lounge with seating and a full service bar and private restrooms.
Visit www.livenation.com to view VIP packages that may involve a meet and greet or additional access. The venue box office does not sell any meet and greet, backstage or venue passes.
Cabana & Other Upgrades
Reserve a private Cabana with a partial view of the stage for your party of up to 10 people. Cabanas will include reserved lounge seating with a partial view of the stage, dedicated cocktail service & dedicated check-in & access to the venue. Cabanas are first come, first serve. There is a Food & Beverage minimum. before gratuity. All beverage transactions will be processed on-site and are not included in the rental fee. Purchase of alcohol is not required. View the Cabanas on Instagram.
A concert ticket is required for entry.
- VIP Club Access:
- Club Access (no meal): The Club features private full-service cash bar and private restrooms. Concert ticket required.
- Club Access (meal included): Enjoy a premium pre-show buffet meal beginning at doors for approximately 2 hours
- All Access Passes: All Access passes or Backstage Passes are not available for purchase. Visit LiveNation.com to view any VIP packages that may involve a meet and greet or additional access.
- Blank: Purchase a blanket online and pick up at the General Store booth next to the main entrance. Blankets are NOT allowed to be brought into the venue.
- Fast Lane Pass: Purchase a Fast Lane Pass and skip the parking lines. The Fast Lane Gate is located near the Main entrance, closest to the Box Office.
- Parking Upgrades
- Premier Parking: A premier parking spot allows for a quick in and out to any event.
- Guaranteed Upfront Parking: Get a guaranteed parking spot with Fast Lane entrance.
- Limo/RV Parking: There are limited number of spaces. No overnight parking.
Upgrades can be purchased online at TicketNation.com.
Season ticket benefits include premium concert seats, VIP parking, VIP Club access, private venue entrance, private restrooms, a dedicated customer service staff and additional ticket opportunities to other Live Nation concert events in OC.
Your Phone is Your Ticket
Download and open the Live Nation App to add tickets to your wallet. Screenshots and printouts will not be accepted.
Tickets can also be transferred to friends and saved in their wallet all within the app or on LiveNation.com.
Cashless payment: All points of sale will only accept credit, debit, or mobile pay (such as Apple Pay or Google Pay). Cash to card conversion is available at guest services.
A variety of delicious concessions are available for purchase at FivePoint Amphitheater. Concessions are provided by Cassell’s Hamburgers, Questlove’s Cheesesteak, Dog Haus, Hanjip Korean BBQ, and The Big Cheese. Alcoholic beverages are available for purchase at the venue, but guests are not permitted to bring outside beverages into Five Point Amphitheater.
Alcohol includes labels such as Budweiser, Bud Light, Stella Artois, and Shock Top Belgian White. Cocktails and wine are also available.
FivePoint Amphitheatre Parking
Free general parking is included in the price of your ticket but be prepared for a walk on asphalt. The main general parking lot is located on Chinon. Premium and VIP parking is available but must be purchased online before the event. There is a separate lot for Premium, VIP, Limo, and Up Front Parking that is located at the entrance on Marine Way. Limited accessible/handicapped parking is available in the VIP/Premium Parking Lot. Accessible parking usually fills up. Follow the signs near the venue to easily locate the appropriate parking lot.
Detailed Parking and Directions can be found here. There is more than one entrance, find out which one to take. Varies by general and premier parking, ride share or drop off.
FivePoint Amphitheatre Tips & Venue Information
- Check FivePoint’s Instagram for event day details such opening times for the box office, parking lots, gates and show start times.
- Be careful with navigation directions as many are wrong since the venue is new. There is no venue entrance from Alton or Barranca. The only entrances are off Sand Canyon (VIP/Premier/Ride Share) and Irvine Blvd. (general parking)
- There is a dedicated Uber, Lyft, Taxi pickup area right outside the venue.
- Take the train and stop at the Irvine station. It’s a five minute walk to the venue.
- Easy entrance with security scan.
- The designated driver program offers free soda or water.
- The seats with higher elevation can get cold if it is windy.
- There is no free WiFi.
- Expect to take some time to get in and out of the parking lots.
- Mercury Insurance customers receive member perks at FivePoint Amphitheater that include a free VIP parking upgrade when you show your insurance ID card to the parking attendant, Fast Lane Access with valid Mercury ID, and occasional pre-sale access to select events.
- People have reported handicapped parking is limited and runs out.
- All of our events are all ages. Children (2) and under do not require a ticket, but must sit on the ticket holders lap.
- Strollers are not permitted
- The curfew is 11 p.m.
- Tailgating is not allowed but people appear to still tailgate.
- No camping or overnight RV parking is allowed
- Re-Entry is not permitted
- Smoking/Vaping is not allowed in the venue except for in designated areas
- Some events do allow audio recording, check prior
- The box office that only accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express. No cash or checks will be accepted.
- All guests are subject to metal detectors and/or a physical pat down for our search procedures. All bags are subject to inspection.
What’s Allowed at FivePoint Amphitheatre
- Clear bags only (no larger than 12″x6″x12″)
- Cameras – nonprofessional only, no detachable lenses
- Food – in a clear, 1-gallon ziplock bag
- Water – up to 1 gallon in a factory sealed or empty bottle
What’s Not Allowed
- Weapons of any kind
- Illegal drugs/substances
- Glass containers
- Cans and aluminum water containers
- Hard-sided/large coolers
- Large or oversized bags/backpacks, such as luggage, duffel bags, or industrial/camping-sized backpacks larger than 12″x12″x6″
- Laser pointers
- Animals (except service animals)
- Signs larger than 8.5 X 11
FivePoint can be booked for private events for a wedding, birthday, private dining, conference, corporate event, fundraiser, private concert, graduation, quinceañera, holiday event and more. Gain access to musical entertainment, state-of-the-art lighting and sound, custom menus and mixology, and a staff that handles every detail. FivePoint accommodates up to 11,730 guests. Spaces can be booked exclusively or include for a full venue buy-out.
Here is the schedule for upcoming concerts and events at FivePoint Amphitheater.
FivePoint Amphitheatre History
Orange County’s primary music venue was Irvine Meadows (Verizon Wireless Amphitheater) which opened in 1981. The lease on the property that contained Irvine Meadows and the old Wild Rivers Water Park expired in 2016, and the Irvine Company prepared to raze the existing amphitheater to build the second phase of an apartment community, Los Olivos. A partnership between FivePoint and Live Nation led to an agreement that locked in development of a new temporary live music venue in an undeveloped area of the Orange County Great Park. Live Nation and FivePoint continue to work with the City of Irvine, with a goal to develop a large, permanent venue near the undeveloped Cultural Terrace area of the Great Park.
|Pacific Amphitheatre||Live Music Venues in Orange County|
|City National Grove of Anaheim||Summer Concert Series’ in Orange County|
|Honda Center||Orange County Drive-In Events|
Heidi Deal is the author of the Newcomers Handbook to Living In Los Angeles & Orange County, an expert at exploring all that Orange County has to offer, and a children’s book author specializing in history and human rights.