Orange County has seen live music venues come and go. First, Irvine Meadows was demolished and turned into housing, then in October 2023, the temporary venue Five Point Amphitheatre at the Orange County Great Park in Irvine closed their doors.
In anticipation of the addition of a permanent venue coming back to the Orange County Area, The Great Park Board agreed unanimously on January 9, 2024 to create a temporary live music venue on the North lawn near the Great Park Sports Complex to accommodate 5,000 seats.
The temporary live music venue will require the city of Irvine to pay about $2.5 million per year and is slated to be completed in time for the 2024 summer season. The venue will remain open until the city’s new permanent amphitheater is completed, sometime in 2027.
Temporary Live Music Venue Details
Here are a few of the important details about the new temporary venue coming to the Orange County Great Park in Irvine.
- The Pacific Symphony will use the venue for about 10 to 12 shows each year during the summer concert in the park season, generally May through October.
- The venue may be used in conjunction with other Great Park events to host larger performances.
- The venue will be available for all professional acts to book.
- The venue will seat 5,000 guests.
- Seating will include festival-style seating and accommodate lawn chairs and picnicking. No permanent seating will be installed.
- Many performances are expected to be free at the temporary venue.
- Fields will be available for use when there are no events at the temporary venue.
- Parking will be in designated Great Park and city lots.
The city had proposed two versions of the temporary venue – one at 5,000 seats and one with 8,000. While the larger venue would have been more appropriate for larger, nationally touring artists, the smaller venue made more sense when taking into consideration cost, parking, construction, community disturbance, etc.
Additional details about the temporary live music venue in Irvine will be available as announced.
|Live Music Venues In Orange County
|Performing Arts Theaters & Venues In OC
|Wild Rivers Waterpark
|Orange County Great Park Sports Complex
|Great Park Ice
|Things To Do In Irvine
Heidi Deal is the author of the Newcomers Handbook to Living In Los Angeles & Orange County, and a children’s book author specializing in history and human rights.