With summer comes exciting outdoor events in warm and sunny Orange County. There are a variety of summer concert series’ at parks and other venues around the county so that family and friends can gather, enjoy a picnic, and dance away the evening. Here are some Orange County Summer Concerts you won’t want to miss.
Aliso Viejo Sgt. Pepperoni’s Summer Concert Series
Guests are invited to enjoy fresh tunes and award-winning pizza on Sgt. Pepperoni’s patio from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. on select Friday evenings. The Sgt. Summer Concert Series lineup is curated by Sgt. Pepperoni’s partner and musician Stan Frazier and features local rock bands, singer-songwriters. and cover bands. A community-oriented eatery, Sgt. Pepperoni’s is committed to bringing a fun and unique family-friendly atmosphere to summer nights. 26601 Aliso Creek Rd Suite D, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Live summer concerts at the Grand Park Town Center Amphitheater (6101 City Lights Drive) from 5:30 -7:30 PM.
- Sunday, June 12: Mark Wood and the Parrot Head Band
- Sunday, June 19: Stone Soul
- Sunday, July 10: Undercover Live
- Sunday, July 24: Flashback Heart Attack
- Sunday, August 14: Common Sense
Free summer concerts in the park with food available for purchase from gourmet food trucks.
Thursdays at 6:30PM at Ronald Reagan Park (945 S. Weir Canyon Road, Anaheim)
- July 7 – Journey USA
- July 14 – Just Press Play
- July21 – U2 Experience
- July 28 – Kelly Rae Band
Thursdays at 6:30PM at Maxwell Park (2650 W Broadway, Anaheim)
- August 4
- August 11
Saturdays at 7:00PM at Pearson Park Amphitheatre (401 N. Lemon Street, Anaheim)
- May 28 – Selena Tribute
- August 6 – Eagles Ronstadt Experience
- August 13 – Trinity
- September 10 – Santanaways
Balboa Island Concerts in the Park are held at Balboa Park on Agate Avenue on Friday nights from 6PM to 8PM, August 5th through September 2nd.
2022 concerts in the park are held on Wednesday nights at City Hall Park (401 S. Brea Blvd.) during July and August. All shows will begin at 6:30PM.
- July 6 – Symphonic Winds of the Pacific Pops/Patriotic
- July 13 – My Generation: British Rock Invasion
- July 20 – Neon Nation: 80s/Top 40
- July 27 – The Rayford Brothers: Vintage Rock/R&B
- August 3 – The Alley Cats: Doo Wop
- August 10 – Blue Breeze Band: Soul/R&B/Motown
Buena Park Summer Concerts take place on Wednesday Nights at Boisseranc Park located at 7520 Dale Street. All concerts begin at 7:00 p.m.
Concerts run every Wednesday June 29 – August 3, 2022. There will be a twilight swim and kids zone, plus food trucks and community vendors will be onsite beginning at 6PM.
- June 29 – Mariachi Night: Las Colibri
- July 6 – Journey Night: Journey Captured
- July 13 – 90s Night: Hit Me 90s
- July 20 – Top 40s Night: Cold Duck
- July 27 – Latin Night: Chico
- August 3 – 80s Night: Pop Gun Rerun
View this post on Instagram
The 2022 Costa Mesa Summer Concert In The Park will be held at Fairview Park, located at 2525 Placentia Avenue. The live music begins at 1:30 p.m. but come early as there are other activities that begin at 1:00 p.m. Date and Details TBA.
The Camp OC
2937 Bristol St, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Thursdays 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Not Scheduled for 2022
Live shows will continue every Thursday until September 30. Support local businesses by picking up dinner or snacks from restaurants at The Camp to enjoy in your vehicles/parking spots during the show. Parking is first-come first-serve.
Summer Concert Schedule:
- 2022 TBA
View this post on Instagram
Summer 2022 Concerts will be held at Civic Center Green
5275 Orange Avenue
June 24 – August 12, 2022
Fridays at 6:00 PM
Concessions will be available for purchase from food trucks on site
- June 24 – The Trip
- July 1 – Salute To America/The Smokin’ Cobras (At Cypress College)
- July 8 – Who’s Zepplin
- July 15 – 80z Allstar
- July 22 – Chico – Sponsored by FOCCA
- July 29 – Stone Soul
- August 5 – 4 Alarm Band – Sponsored by FOCCA
- August 12 – OC3
Live music is on at Sea Terrace Park on PCH and Niguel Road at 33501 Niguel Road. Concerts will be held behind the Dana Point Library. Concerts start at 3PM. 2022 schedule:
- July 10: Good Company – Tribute to Bad Company
- July 17: DSB – Journey Tribute
- July 24: The K-Tel All Stars – Super Hits of the 70s
- July 31: LOVEDRIVE – Scorpions Tribute
- August 7: The Highwayman Show
- August 14: The Reflexx – 80s
The 2022 Fountain Valley summer concert series will be held every Thursday in July at FV Sports Park (16400 Brookhurst St) from 6:00PM to 8:00PM.
- July 7 – Smith Country
- July 14 – Seize The Night
- July 21 – 80s All Star
- July 28 – Electric Vinyl
Fullerton Sports Complex – 560 E. Silver Pine
Wednesdays from 6:30 – 8:30 PM
Food trucks will be available to purchase food
- August 5
- August 12
- August 19
The Garden Grove Summer Concert Series will be held at Eastgate Park located at 12001 St. Mark Street and Garden Grove Park, located at 9301 Westminster Blvd. Concerts will take place Thursdays from 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. High school students will compete to win the title of the Voice of Garden Grove before each concert at 6PM. Food will be available to purchase from vendors. Lineup to be announced.
- June 23 – Garden Grove Park: Huong Thuy, Hoang My An, Justin Nguyen, Carol Kim
- June 30 – Downtown Main Street: Bruno & The Hooligans
- July 7 – Eastgate Park: Blue Breeze Band
- July 14 – Eastgate Park: Yachty By Nature
- July 21 – Eastgate Park: Tijuana Dogs
- July 28 – Eastgate Park: Gold Rush Country
Peter’s Landing in Huntington Beach will be hosting free summer concerts in the park on Fridays from 5PM to 8PM and Saturdays from 12PM to 3PM. The concert series kicks off on Memorial Day Weekend and runs through September 5th. See the full lineup here.
Sunday in the park concerts are held at the Thomas Ridley Central Park Concert Bandstand behind the Central Library. Concerts begin at 5PM.
- June 26 – Huntington Beach Concert Band/Pacifica High School Choirs
- July 3 – Coastal California Chorale
- July 10 – LA Symphonic Winds
- July 17 – Moonlight Express Big Band
- July 24 – Huntington Beach Concert Band/Colonel Thomas Rotondi (Ret.) of the US Army Band Pershing’s Own
- July 31 – Navy Band Southwest Wind Ensemble
- August 7 – The Wiseguys Big Band Machine
- August 14 – Golden West Pops
- August 21 – Ginger & The Hoosier Daddys
Irvine Sizzlin’ Summer Concerts
Free family-friendly concerts in the park, held at Mike Ward Community Park in Woodbridge. Bring a picnic or purchase food from one of the on-site food trucks. General seating is available for free. Preferred and VIP seating is available for a fee.
- July 9 -Knyght Ryder
- July 16 – Tijuana Dogs
- July 23 – Boxcar 7
- July 30 – Shotgun Jefferson
- August 6 – Pop Vinyl
Visit Trade Marketplace for shopping and dining, and stay for the live entertainment. Free summer concerts will be hosted on the last Saturday of the month all summer long, beginning May 28, 2022. Concerts will run from 6PM – 8PM.
Laguna Beach Music In The Park will take place on Sunday evenings during July and August. Live music will be played from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. at Bluebird Park located at 798 Bluebird Canyon Drive. Musical guests are announced in June. Sunset Serenades are on Fridays in May. 2022 information TBA.
Laguna Niguel Summer Concert Series takes place on select Fridays June through September from 6:30 – 8PM. The concerts will be held at Crown Valley Park Amphitheater located at 29751 Crown Valley Parkway. A shuttle service is available from City Hall at 30111 Crown Valley Parkway. Dinner and dessert will be available for purchase from food trucks on location beginning at 6:00 p.m.
- June 10 – Family Style
- June 24 – Electric Vinyl
- July 4 – Springsteen Experience (6PM – 8PM)
- July 22 – The Suffragettes
- August 5 – Stone Soul
- August 12 – 4 Alarm Band
- September 9 – Fooz Fighters
- September 23 – Elvis
View this post on Instagram
301 S. Euclid St., La Habra
Thursday Nights, 7-8:30 PM
The La Habra concerts in the park include music, food trucks, and fun family activities.
- July 7 – Hot August Night – Neil Diamond Tribute
- July 14 – Boys Of Summer – Eagles Tribute
- July 21 – The Highway Man Show
- July 28 – Bruno & The Hooligans – Mariachi Divas
The Lake Forest Summer Concert Series takes place on select Saturdays. All concerts begin at 5:30PM.
- June 18 – Jesse London and The Petty Nicks Experience: Lake Forest Sports Park (28000 Rancho Parkway)
- July 30 – Common Sense and Redneck Rodeo: Pittsford Park (21701 Pittsford)
- August 27 – SantanaWays and Yachty By Nature: Lake F9orest Sports Park (28000 Rancho Parkway)
The City of La Palma is partnering with the Community Activities and Beautification Committee to present the 2022 summer Concerts in the Park series. Saturdays In The Park is a series of concerts featuring musical tribute bands that play the best tunes from the 60s, 70s, and 80s. Bring your family and friends and a picnic to enjoy an evening of music in the park. Free parking and admission. Refreshments will be available for purchase.
All La Palma Concerts will be held on select Saturday evenings in July and August (6:30 – 8:00 p.m.) at the Central Park Amphitheater – 7821 Walker Street, CA, 90623
- July 9 – Electric Vinyl
- July 16 – Hometown Heroes Concert/Smokin’ Cobras (Intro at 6PM)
- July 23 – Stone Soul
- July 30 – Video Star
- August 6 – Civic Expo & National Night Out/United Party Heroes (Expo at 6PM)
The City of Los Alamitos is hosting free concerts! Bring your own blankets and chairs! Food will be available to purchase from food trucks and local restaurants. Thursday night concerts are from 6:30PM – 8:00PM.
Concerts On Pine Street – 10932 Pine Street
- June 16 – Partywave
- June23 – Woodie and the Longboards
- June 30 – Radio Royalty
- July 14 – Britain’s Finest – The Complete Beatles Experience
Concerts In The Park
- July 21 – Brad Johnson & The Killin’ Time Band (Little Cottonwood Park)
- July 28 – OC3 Band (Orville R. Lewis Jr. Park)
- August 4 – Ortega Highway Band (Little Cottonwood Park)
- August 11 – Familiar Faces (Orville R. Lewis Jr. Park)
Mission Viejo Concerts on the Green
Free Friday night concerts will be held at NPM-Village Green (24932 Veterans Way) from 6 to 8 PM. Events will include bounce houses, gourmet food trucks, and beer and wine. Bring your chairs and blankets to enjoy music and fun.
- July 15 – Family Style
- July 29 – Common Sense
The Newport Beach Summer Concerts On The Green is presented by the City Arts Commission. The Newport concerts are held once a month during the summer at the Newport Beach Civic Center located at 100 Civic Center Drive. Concerts are 6PM – 7:30PM. Gourmet food trucks will be available to purchase food, or bring a picnic dinner.
- May 29 – The Parrot Head Band (Jimmy Buffet Tribute)
- June 12 – Catch A Wave (Beach Boys Tribute)
- July 17 – Billy Nation (Billy Joel Tribute)
- August 21 – Young Guns (Country Cover Band)
- September 18 – Britain’s Finest (Beatles Tribute)
A concert will also be held at Marina Park 4PM – 5:30PM:
- October 2 – Stone Soul (Classic Soul and Motown)
View this post on Instagram
The OC Parks Summer Concert Series is a series of 10 free concerts that take place at multiple locations throughout the summer. The free concerts take place on Thursday evenings from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. from June 17 – September 2, 2022. The music will begin at 6:00 PM. The parks that will offer the summer concerts are Craig Regional Park, Mason Regional Park, Irvine Regional Park, Mile Square Regional Park, and Salt Creek Beach.
- June 23, 2022: Craig Regional Park – Ozomatli
- June 30, 2022: Craig Regional Park – Donavon Frankenreiter
- July 7, 2022: Mason Regional Park – Yachty By Nature
- July 14, 2022: Mason Regional Park – DSB
- July 21, 2022: Irvine Regional Park – The Aquabats
- July 28, 2022: Irvine Regional Park – Uptown Funk
- August 4, 2022: Mile Square Regional Park – Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
- August 11, 2022: Mile Square Regional Park – Sweet & Tender Hooligans
- August 18, 2022: Bluff Park at Salt Creek Beach – Tijuana Dogs
- August 25, 2022: Bluff Park at Salt Creek Beach – The New Respects
The City of Orange will host concerts in the park from July – August. Summer concerts take place every Wednesday from 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Concerts will be held at the Hart Park Bandshell located at 701 S. Glassell Street.
- June 15 – Stone Soul
- June 22 – Hard Day’s Night
- June 29 – Pop Vinyl
- July 6 – NO CONCERT
- July 13 – Night Owl Productions
- July 20 – 80z All Stars
- July 27 – The Band Fresh
- August 3 – The Trip
- August 10 – The Wiseguys Big Band Machine
- August 17 – Superlark
Come to the Orange County Great Park in Irvine for Summer concerts. Concerts begin at 4:30 p.m. The Great Park concerts are limited in space. Admission is free, but registration is required to receive an admission ticket. Preferred picnic circle seating is $10 and VIP picnic circle seating is $20. Currently scheduled concerts:
- 2022 TBA
Tri City Park – 2301 N Kraemer Blvd., Placentia
Concerts begin at 6:30 PM
- July 21 – Midnight Ride
- July 28 – The Rayford Bros
- August 4 – Kelly Rae Band
- August 11 – Taste of Placentia w/ 80z All-Stars
- August 18 – Soto Band
Every Sunday evening from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm, the City of Rancho Santa Margarita is hosting summer concerts at Central Park at 30824 La Miranda. Attendees are invited to bring blankets, low back lawn chairs, and picnics to enjoy the show.
- July 10 – The Reflexx
- July 17 – Yachty by Nature
- July 24 – The Fenians
- July 31 – The Mighty Untouchables
- August 7 – Redneck Rodeo
- August 14 – 90s Rockshow
3001 Blume Dr., Rossmoor
2PM – 8PM
Come out for family fun this summer and enjoy live music, some of Orange County’s favorite food trucks, a kids carnival area, and craft vendors. Here’s the summer lineup:
- June 11 – Stone Soul
- July 9 – King Salmon
- August 13 – The Emperors
622 Avenida Del Mar, San Clemente
6PM – 8PM
- June 9 – Stone Soul
- July 21 – Wigs & Ties
Linda Lane Park – 400 Linda Lane
6PM – 8PM
- July 7 – Kelly Boyz Band
North of The Pier
6PM – 7:45
- August 4 – Common Sense
Vista Hermosa Sports Park
987 Avenida Vista Hermosa, San Clemente
Bring your chairs and blankets and join Music on the Meadows. Select Thursdays at 6 pm you can enjoy LIVE music, great food, and time with friends and family in the fresh summer air!
San Juan Capistrano summer concerts in the park are held at the Historic Town Center Park located at 31852 El Camino Real. The events include live music, dancing, local restaurants, business expo vendors, children’s activities, beer, and wine. Concerts are on the third Wednesday evening of the month from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. from June through September. Please leave your pets at home.
- June 15 – Blue Breeze Band (Motown)
- July 20 – 4×4 Band (Classic Rock)
- August 17 – Brent Payne (Country Western)
- September 21 – (Classic Rock)
The Seal Beach summer concerts will take place on Wednesday evenings near the pier at Eisenhower Park. Concerts run from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Come out and enjoy the sand, surf, and the sounds of summer.
- July 6 – Beach Boys Tribute Band Surf’s Up
- July 13 – Classic Rock Tribute Band OC3
- July 20 – U2 Tribute Band L.A. Vation
- July 27 – Eagle Ronstadt Experience
- August 3 – Country Music Cover Band Redneck Rodeo
- August 10 – Stevie Nicks Illusion
View this post on Instagram
See live music at the Silverado Fairgrounds & Community Center from May to September every third Saturday night of the month.
- May 21 – The Matter, The Brother Jonathan, The Relatives
- June 18 – Odmoia, Atomic Jones
- July 16 – Deep Freeze, Viny Vault
- August 20 – Dawgful Dead, Hempstring Orchestra
- September 17 – TBD
The Ranch at Laguna Beach
Enjoy free acoustic performances on the Porch at the Ranch daily from 4PM – 8PM. Admission is free and drinks are available for purchase. Check their calendar for a complete list of artists and updates.
View this post on Instagram
Tustin Free Concerts In The Park
The Villa Park Community Services Foundation presents a free summer concert in the park on Friday, July 8th, 2022 at 7:00 PM. Come out to the Villa Park High School Amphitheater to see Beach Boys tribute band Catch A Wave.
|Free Outdoor Movies in the Park||Laguna Beach Sunset Serenades|
|FivePoint Amphitheatre||Beach Bonfires & Fire Pits in Orange County|
|The Orange County Fair||Pacific Amphitheatre|
Heidi Deal is the author of the Newcomers Handbook to Living In Los Angeles & Orange County, and a children’s book author specializing in history and human rights.