Celebrate Independence Day in Newport Beach with an exciting family-friendly lineup of community parades and celebrations, a military flyover, harbor cruises and of course spectacular fireworks shows. Join locals and visitors alike as they come together to enjoy a patriotic atmosphere and experience the best that Newport Beach has to offer on this special day of celebration.
Independence Day on the Back Bay
Location: Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort
Address: 1131 Back Bay Dr, Newport Beach, CA 92660
Date: July 4th at 10:30 A.M.
Time: Gates open at 8 A.M.
Fireworks Start Time: 9:00 P.M.
The Newport Dunes offers a full day of activities, including live entertainment, food trucks, beach bars, and a spectacular firework show co-sponsored by the City of Newport Beach. Families can enjoy a fun-filled day and evening with the inflatable water park, water sports rentals, and Moe B’s Munchies.
Fourth of July Coastal Flyover
Location: Newport Coast
Flyover Time: 5:35 P.M. and 5:40 P.M.
Witness the Condor Squadron Officer’s and Airmen’s Association, a non-profit organization comprised of WWII fighter pilots, take to the skies in their AT-6 aircraft. Starting over Huntington Beach, their flight path will traverse over Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, Dana Point, and San Clemente. Keep your eyes on the sky between 5:35 p.m. and 5:40 p.m. as they soar over Newport Beach, leaving a trail of excitement in their wake.
4th of July is for Families Newport Peninsula Bike Parade and Festival
Location: W. Balboa Blvd. & 36th Street
Date & Time: July 4th at 9:00 A.M.
Join the bike and dog parade starting at 9 a.m. at Balboa Blvd. and 36th Street, as it heads down Balboa Blvd. to Channel Place Park for a free festival. Don’t forget to decorate your bikes, scooters, wagons, and strollers, and bring your furry friends on leashes.
Location: Channel Place Park
Address: 4400 Channel Pl, Newport Beach, CA 92663
Date & Time: July 4th at 9:30 A.M. – 11:30 A.M.
The community festival will feature a wide range of fun things to do including carnival games, arts and crafts activities, exciting lawn games, live music, and a selection of food available for purchase.
Mariners Park Independence Day Parade
Location: Mariners Park
Address: 1300 Irvine Ave, Newport Beach, CA 92660
Date & Time: July 4th at 10:30 A.M.
While there won’t be a community event, the children’s bike parade promises to be a fun-filled activity for kids to showcase their creativity and love for biking.
Old Glory Boat Parade
Location: American Legion Yacht Club
Date & Time: Tuesday, July 4 at 1:00 P.M. – 3:30 P.M.
All boaters are invited to showcase their creativity and join the parade by decorating their vessels. Registration is quick and easy, and it’s absolutely free. Simply visit the American Legion Yacht Club website to register online. On the website, you’ll also find a map of the parade route, approximate viewing times, and additional details to make the most of this exciting event. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to be part of the festivities!
4th of July Cruises & Fireworks Cruises
Balboa Peninsula, Newport Harbor
Where: Davey’s Locker, Pavilion Building 400 Main Street Newport Beach 92661
When: July 4
Join cruises to view the amazing fireworks shows Newport Beach is known for. Cruises start off touring Newport Beach and viewing the yachts and boats celebrating July 4th, as well as Bay Front estates going all out with Independence Day events. As the sun sets the ships choose from several huge fireworks displays and get positioned for the show. The sights and sounds of fireworks over the ocean is a magical experience.
Where to Watch Newport Beach Fireworks
- Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort: This resort offers a prime viewing area for the fireworks show with viewing spots on the beach and the grassy lawn.
- Balboa & Newport Piers: The piers provide panoramic views of the fireworks. You can watch the display from the beach, boardwalk or take a stroll along the pier.
- Balboa Peninsula Beaches: Secure a beach bonfire pit in the early morning, enjoy a day at the beach and witness the fireworks right from the comfort of the sandy shoreline.
- Corona del Mar State Beach: This beach offers a spacious area to watch the fireworks.
- Balboa Island: Stroll along the island boardwalk and enjoy the patriotic decorations of the houses while capturing spectacular views of the fireworks. The Topside bar at Lido House Hotel offers the only rooftop experience in Newport Beach.
- Newport Harbor: Enjoy views of the fireworks by booking a dinner or fireworks cruise, renting a boat, or even riding in your own mega-yacht. In a pinch, a well-timed ferry ride can also provide an opportunity to watch the fireworks from the water.
- Waterfront Dining: Take a front-row seat on the water while sipping on cocktails and fine-food at one of the many waterfront restaurants.
- Back Bay Drive: For a more serene experience, drive along Back Bay Drive, find a scenic spot to park your car and enjoy the fireworks from the comfort of your vehicle.
Monique McArthur is a mother of two, writer, and creator of delicious recipes. In her spare time she enjoys exploring all that Orange County has to offer, traveling, shopping, running with her dogs and spending time with family.