Every year as summer comes to a close, the nightmares begin at Knott’s Scary Farm. From mid-September through the weekend after Halloween, Knott’s Berry Farm hosts the biggest Halloween Haunt in Orange County with over 1,000 creatures to terrify you, haunted mazes, sinister shows, and attractions that play off your deepest, darkest fears. Read on for the disturbing details.
Knott’s Scary Farm Dates & Times
September 19 through November 2
Thursday through Sunday only
Thursdays & Sundays – 7:00 PM through 1:00 AM
Fridays & Saturdays – 7:00 PM through 2:00 AM
Awaken the Dead
Join the party in Fiesta Village with music, live DJ performances, and dancing.
Enjoy a pre-terror all-you-can eat buffet dinner featuring Mrs. Knott’s fried chicken, a carving station, boysenberry pie, and other Knott’s signature items. Includes a souvenir cup, a digital download with a monster at the Boo-fet, and early entry to select Scary Farm areas.
If you like IT, you’ll like CarnEVIL. This scare zone is swarming with nightmarish clowns taking over the Knott’s Boardwalk – welcome to the carnival of the damned.
Conjurers – Magic & Mirth at the Bird Cage Theatre
Visit the Bird Cage Theatre for comedy and magic presented by Fox’s Masters of Illusion and award-winning magicians.
This new maze transports visitors to the absolute darkness of a space station taken over by flesh-eating mutants.
Oh, the carnies. Dark Ride: Castle of Chaos is a terrifying attraction set in an abandoned carnival ride where the most sinister of side show freaks await. Expect screams around every turn in this murderous maze.
Beware the creatures that lurk near the lake below Silver Bullet. This major scare zone is back with forsaken souls and gothic undead searching for new victims to drag to their doom.
Ghost Town Streets
The original scare zone is the most horrifying of the park. Beware the monsters lurking in the dark corners, the spine-chilling sliders lunging from the fog, and the freakish beasts who wander the streets. There’s no escaping the terror here.
Into The Fog: A Scary Farm Tribute Art Show
Located at the Bizarre Bazaar (aka the Nautilus Merch Store), Into The Fog features a collections of Scary Farm-inspired original artwork from fans across the nation. This is also the destination for Halloween-themed souvenirs.
Origins: The Curse of Calico
In this all-new maze, the town of Calico is plagued by the curse of Sarah Marshall. Accused of witchcraft, all her accusers have been transformed into the wicked undead, wandering the fog in search of fresh flesh to feast on.
The Paranormal Inc. maze returns with the Haunting of Hayden Hill. Visitors brave enough to enter will encounter scream-inducing supernatural events set in a haunted hospital where demon spirits return to seek revenge on the demented doctors who tortured them to death, and deranged staff wander the halls in search of new patients to prod.
The popular Pumpkin Eater maze returns for 2019. Beware the towering monstrosity who haunts The Hollow. Prowling in the dark, Pumpkin Eater seeks out new prey to feast on. Can you escape the dark woods, the cave of crawling insects, the ravaged victims of the town, and the thorny labyrinth? Let’s hope so.
Puppet Up! Uncensored
Puppet Up! Uncensored is a live improv comedy and puppetry performance put on by the Jim Henson Company. Created by Brian Henson and directed by Patrick Bristow (known for his work on Curb Your Enthusiasm, Ellen, Seinfeld, and Whose Line Is It Anyway?), the completely uncensored show includes audience participation. Appropriate for adult audiences only.
In the Shadow Lands maze, brave guests must navigate through an ancient Japanese temple’s sacred shrine where the souls of samurai slain in battle rot in purgatory. You’ll have to fight off the demonic undead as they seek passage into eternity. Move fast or you may be pulled into purgatory with them.
Special Ops: Infected
One of the largest mazes in Scary Farm history, this interactive attraction arms guests with laser guns to defend against flesh-eating zombie hordes. Can you and your unit make your way through the apocalyptic zone where blood pools in the streets? Will you survive the sinister sewer system teeming with formidable flesh-eaters? This maze is an interactive experience similar to a live action video game and features live actors, real-time scoring, interactive targets. This is the final year of Special Ops: Infected and there is no extra charge to participate in this attraction.
After a Nightwatch Cove Mining Crew disappears in an abandoned port village, rumors surface that they fell victim to blood-thirsty creatures lurking in underground caves and the tunnels beneath the town. Make your way through the maze of The Depths and see if the superstitions are true.
The Hanging: Witches’ Revenge
The Hanging is a live stage show that parodies pop culture events from the past year. Fierce and funny, with dazzling special effects and high-flying stunts. The Hanging is a Scary Farm must see.
In search of the Witch Hunter, grotesque creatures and the witches of the Hollow emerge from the fog, terrorizing visitors in this fear-fraught scare zone.
Timber Mountain Log Ride: Halloween Hootenanny
Log Ride lovers celebrate the season with Timber Mountain transforming into a Halloween Hootenanny based on a song by Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies. The Halloween festivities abound complete with the Calico Coffin Creeper Band, the Green Witch, a maze of Jack-o-Lanterns and a splash down Skull Mountain.
Entry to this Scary Farm experience requires an additional fee. The unique interactive virtual-reality experience takes travelers back in time to fend of hordes of blood-thirsty, flesh-eating zombies in the dark streets of London. Located in the Boardwalk Area.
This new maze is set in an abandoned wax museum were the formerly fabulous plastic surgeon Dr. Augustus Scratch has gone grotesque, torturing and tormenting his victims with terrifying tools and cauldrons of skin-scorching wax. Beware entry to Wax Works – you may wind up part of his next mutilated masterpiece.
Download a copy of the Knott’s Scary Farm map to easily locate attractions
Admission & Combos
- Not Recommended for anyone under 13 years of age.
- Online tickets are available for as low as $43 and range up to $60 depending on the date you attend. This is a significant discount off the $84 gate price.
- Tickets for Annual Passholders range from $38 – $58.
- Military personnel with valid ID will receive discounted admission to Knott’s Scary Farm. Ticket prices range from $38 – $55.
- Purchase a Scary Farm season pass for $105 for nightly admission.
- Add a parking pass to your Scary Farm Season Pass for $70.
- Scary Farm All Inclusive Tickets are available for as low as $157.99 and include admission, parking, Fright& Fast Lane, and Boo-fet Dinner.
- Admission + Fright & Fast Lane includes admission plus unlimited priority entry to the mazes and Fast Lane rides and begins at $125.
- Knott’s Scary Farm Boo-Fet tickets are available online for $34.99.
- Fright & Fast Lane tickets are available online for $90 and includes unlimited priority access to Fast Lane rides and mazes.
- Single night parking is $22 per vehicle, $27 for RVs and buses, and $35 for preferred parking.
Knott’s Scary Farm Fun Facts
- Knott’s Scary Farm is in its 46th year. It is the longest-running Halloween event at a theme park.
- Knott’s Scary Farm was originally called the Halloween Haunt.
- One of the first mazes built for the event was Trail of Terror, located in Boot Hill Cemetery.
- Scary Farm generates half of Knott’s Berry Farm’s annual revenue.
- It is the biggest Halloween-themed amusement park event.
- Scary Farm began as a 3-night event in 1973.
- The Green Witch is a legendary character created for the original event, and continues to be part of the annual Haunt.
- Charlene Parker has served as the Green Witch since 1982. She is the longest serving of the Haunt-sters.
- In 1977, a hydroloid swamp monster was the star of one of the early shows, “Sacrifice of Fire.”
- Popular actors have played roles in the annual Scary Farm event including Elvira and “Weird Al” Yankovic.
- Elvira, Mistress of the Dark had a recurring role at Scary Farm from 1982-2001.
- Ghost Town is the original scare zone, but the haunt eventually expanded to encompass the entire park.
- The “Terror of London” maze was one of Scary Farms most popular mazes and was based on the Jack the Ripper murders.
- Scary Farm combines humor with horror, and guests will find a variety of comedic shows and events during their visit to the park.
|Knotts Berry Farm||Knott’s Scary Farm: Making Monsters|
|Halloween Events In Orange County||Best Value Annual Passes In OC|
|Oktoberfests in Orange County||Doll In The Hall|
Heidi Deal is the author of the Newcomers Handbook to Living In Los Angeles & Orange County, an expert at exploring all that Orange County has to offer, and a children’s book author specializing in history and human rights.