Tanaka Farms Hikari – Festival of Lights starts with an opening night celebration on Friday, November 25, 2022 thru Friday, December 30, 2022. Tanaka farms will be lit up with over a million twinkling lights plus there will be a holiday market and Christmas tree lot.
A lighted tractor with a wagon in tow will take guests around the festively lit farm and into to the “Land Of A Thousand Lanterns!” Once off the wagon, you can wander through the light displays, with instagrammable photo opportunities throughout.
After the wagon ride, you can make your way down to the festival grounds to visit with the barnyard animals, grab some food from the Tanaka Grill, take advantage of lots of photo ops, games, arts and crafts, meet Santa for a photo, and, of course, more holiday lights. Plus, enjoy live music on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights!
What is Hikari?
Loosely translated, Hikari means shine or light in Japanese. Japanese people use this noun to refer to something bright produced by the energy source regardless of whether it is natural or artificial.
The kanji for hikari is represented as 光 in Japanese, while the hiragana, or phonetic spelling, is ひかり. This is a common noun in Japan, and can be used to mean either light, ray, flash, or shine. The name Hikari is also a common unisex name in Japan.
Hikari – Festival of Lights
Where: Tanaka Farms
Address: 5380 3/4 UNIVERSITY DR., IRVINE, CA 92612
Dates: Friday, November 25, 2022 thru Friday, December 30, 2022
Closed: Monday/Tuesday (11/28, 11/29, 12/5, 12/6, 12/12, 12/13) & Christmas Eve & Day, New Years Eve & Day
Entry Gates open at 4:30pm. Entry Gates close at 8pm. Hikari closes at 10pm (or as soon as the last person exits.)
First Wagon departs at 5:30pm (or as soon as it gets dark enough to see the lights.) Last wagon departs at 8:30pm.
Tanaka Grill Hours: 4:30pm-9pm (Full menu on Saturday & Sunday, Limited menu on weekdays.)
Santa will be at Hikari every night from 4:30pm to close (but he does need to take a break from time to time.)
This is a paid admission event and all entry tickets include a wagon ride. Additional activities are priced separately. Parking is $10.
Christmas Tree Lot & Holiday Market
Open daily from 9am to 9pm beginning Friday, November 25, 2022
The Produce Market Stand and Gift Shop will be open 9am to 9pm on the days Hikari is open, and 9am-5pm on all other days.
Holiday Market Decorations & Gifts
- Fresh Garlands
- Holiday Banners & Flags
- Tree & Lawn Ornaments
- Table Setting and Home Decor
Christmas Tree Lot
The trees are shipped from Oregon immediately after cutting.
- Douglas Fir: With dark green or blue-green colored needles that are soft to the touch and a sweet scent, Douglas firs hold strong as a favorite. Soft, shiny needles with a sweet fragrance. Good for heavy ornaments with good needle retention.
- Noble Fir: The Noble fir has long been considered the “King” of Christmas trees. Its majestic beauty, rich fragrance and perfectly spaced branches make it a top seller. Quality Noble fir should have a very well-shaped conical form, with regularly spaced branches and a smooth taper from bottom to top.
- Nordman Fir: Favored for its attractive foliage, softer needles, and its resistance to shedding needles as the tree dries. Great choice for those with allergies or sensitivity to the typical Christmas tree aroma is a concern as the Nordmann lacks fragrance.
- Silvertip Fir: Found high atop the mountains of Oregon and California, Silvertip firs are a hard-to-get Christmas tree since they grow best at elevations of 4,000-8,000 feet. Their mature needles are a blue-green shade, but they’re named for silvery new growth.
Additional Trees Services
- Delivery (Irvine/Orange County)
- Flocking Options
- Tree Stands
|Winter Holiday Events In Orange County||Best Places for Pictures with Santa|
|50 Winter Activities & Fun Things to Do||Best Places To Get A Christmas Tree|
|The Best Ice Skating Rinks For The Holiday Season||Best Places To Play In The Snow|
Monique McArthur is a mother of two, writer, and creator of delicious recipes. In her spare time she enjoys exploring all that Orange County has to offer, traveling, shopping, running with her dogs and spending time with family.