Tanaka Farms is an interactive farm located in Irvine, CA that grows and harvests fresh produce right on the farm. The farm features a market stand, U-pick fruit, farm tours, cookouts, barnyard animals and many holiday and seasonal events.
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube
5380 3/4 University Dr, Irvine, CA 92612
Admission & Tickets
There is no charge to visit the walk-up produce market stand and gift shop but all market items are priced separately.
Events, tours and activities are priced separately.
Generally, children 2 and under are free and Active and retired Military personnel are eligible for free entry with ID. Certain exclusions may apply such as participating in tours but no u-pick harvesting.
Things to Do at Tanaka Farms
There are many fun, educational things to do at Tanaka Farms. Each season there are different farm tour experiences plus many festive seasonal events. The tours and workshops are perfect for groups, families, field trips, birthday parties, schools, scout troops, youth groups, and more. Both public and private tours and workshops can be booked.
See the full event calendar for upcoming activities.
- Produce Market Stand & Gift Shop: At the walk-up farm stand you can buy fresh produce, preserves, and other farm-made products including chocolate covered strawberries. The market offers home grown produce, nuts and dried fruit, and partner farm produce. Plus, products are available from Honey Pacifica, Honey, Old Town Baking Company, El Nopalita Chips & Salsa and the Jelly Bear Jam Company.
- Barnyard Educational Exhibit: See and visit with the barnyard animals like chickens, donkeys, goats, sheep, turkeys, a pig, a pony, and even a mini cow.
- Storytime at the Barnyard: Barnyard volunteers and staff read farm-themed stories right by the barnyard animals.
- Chicken Club: Kids can learn about raising chickens and how to show them through competitions, activities, and games.
- Chicks & Sprouts: This interactive workshop teaches children how baby chickens grow inside the egg as well as how plants grow.
- Farm Tours:
- U-Pick Wagon Rides: Visitors can pick their own fruits and vegetables from the farm’s fields while learning about Tanaka Farms and its history, farming methods, and the crops they grow. The tour ends with a barnyard visit.
- Strawberry Picking Tours: Similar to the u-pick wagon rides this tour also includes a stop at the strawberry patch.
- Melon Tours: Take a guided wagon ride around the 30 acre farm to see and learn about how summer fruits and vegetables grow. Harvest some seasonal vegetables then sit under a shaded tent and sample lots of fresh cut summer squash, different types of melon, and take home a melon of your very own.
- Farm-to-Table Cookouts & Tours: Spend a few hours at the farm harvesting vegetables while on a guided walking tour, then enjoy a true farm-to-table meal. Plus, see the barnyard animal exhibit.
- Farm-to-Table Cookouts & Sunset Tours: Similar to other tours except right at sunset. Summer months only.
- Farm-to-Table Cooking Class Tours: On a guided walking tour harvest the vegetables needed to prepare a specific farm-to-table recipe developed to showcase the seasonal produce from the Farm. Receive a live cooking demonstration on how to prepare the dish and then enjoy a farm-to-table meal featuring the dish created.
- Cooking Demonstrations: See cooking demos from local chefs and foodies featuring Tanaka Farms grown produce.
- Workshops: Workshops vary but past workshops have included CSA workshops, preserving food and more.
- Jr. Farmers Workshops: This workshop is a hands-on STEM-based workshop that includes a wagon ride around the farm, educational handouts, planting, U-Pick produce, and a visit to the Barnyard Educational Exhibit.
- Hilltop Luncheons: On certain holidays and special occasions Tanaka Farms hosts Farm-To-Table Hilltop Luncheons to celebrate. The luncheons are all-you-can-eat buffet-style service and the hilltop venue offers gorgeous views of the farm (and beyond), as well as a lawn for the kids to run and play.
- Private Parties & Birthdays: Celebrate a special occasion with a farm tour and private tent rental.
- Tanaka Grill: The grill serves up farm-to-table foods and BBQ and is typically opened seasonally or on weekends during warmer months. Summer cookouts at the farm are held on Friday and Saturday evenings.
- Photo Opportunities: There are many opportunities to take fun photos.
- Volunteer: Tanaka Farms is always looking for volunteers to help throughout the barnyard.
- Seasonal Events & Festivals: such as pumpkin picking in the fall and strawberry picking in the spring
Tanaka Farms Events
Here are many of the events that are typically held throughout the year.
Note: Events and activities may vary year to year.
- Valentine’s Day Farm-To-Table Family Cookout: A kid-friendly event where you can make-your-own Chocolate Dipped Strawberries, ride a tractor-pulled wagon around the farm, and a visit with barnyard animals.
- Valentine’s Day Farm-To-Table Dinner (Adults only): A farm-to-table Valentine’s Day dinner plus chocolate covered strawberries, and dessert. The night also includes a romantic wagon ride around the farm, live music, and dancing.
- St. Patrick’s Day Feast: Enjoy an all-you-can-eat feast with corned beef, bangers, veggie bangers, fire grilled chicken, colcannon, cabbage, carrots, potatoes and more.
- Farm-to-Table Easter BBQ Lunch: Wagon ride to the top of the hill, food, outdoor venue, arts and crafts and a visit with the Easter Bunny and Easter Egg Hunt.
- Mother’s Day Farm-to-Table Hilltop Luncheon: This special Farm-to-Table luncheon includes a tractor-pulled wagon ride around the farm, keepsake photos, lawn games and activities, all-you-can-eat buffet, a barnyard visit and more.
- Father’s Day BBQ: This special Farm-to-Table Cookout includes a wagon ride up to the Hilltop, Lawn Games and Activities, and an all-you-can-eat BBQ buffet.
- Spring Fling Barnyard Bash: The bash includes a visit with farm animals, barnyard cornhole, farm-to-table BBQ cookout and more.
- Pumpkin Patch: Unlimited wagon rides, barnyard educational exhibit, u-pick vegetable patch, mini golf and over 8 acres of pumpkin fields with lots of great photo ops.
- Thanksgiving Brunch: This event is called the Thanks-Living Brunch and features a special plant-based, vegan brunch menu.
- Hikari Lights: This event includes a lighted tractor with a wagon, a festively lit farm called the “Land Of A Thousand Lanterns!,” a visit with barnyard animals, food from Tanaka Grill plus lots of photo ops, games, arts and crafts, and a Santa meet and photo opportunity. Christmas trees can also be purchased.
- Movie Nights: Movie nights include a meet and greet with a few of the Barnyard animals before the movie starts. There are no set dates for these nights.
|SoCal U-Pick Farms, Orchards, & Tours||Best Family Friendly Farms To Visit|
|Hayrides In OC & Beyond||Tanaka Farms: Hikari – Festival of Lights|
|Underwood Family Farms||Best Places To Go Apple Picking|
Monique McArthur is a mother of two, writer, and creator of delicious recipes. In her spare time she enjoys exploring all that Orange County has to offer, traveling, shopping, running with her dogs and spending time with family.