Although the Carl’s Jr. Secret menu is not as vast as other chains, it still feels cool being part of the esoteric “Happy Star” Fast Food Club that is quickly growing.
Hidden in plain sight, a secret from the “regular” customers, is a small world of secret menu items at So Cal’s own Carl’s Jr. Did you know that Carl’s Jr even has a Hidden Menu that includes many “healthier” options? Fast food is not the healthiest choice, but boy is it delicious and convenient. Sometimes fast and cheap wins out over health. Carl’s Jr. doesn’t advertise these options on their in-store menu boards, but with a few hacks and substitutions you can get healthier burgers, salad, and side options.
Hacked Jalapeño Chicken Tenders
This is a delicious “DIY” hack. Order the three-piece chicken tenders and a side of waffle fries and ask for “fiery sauce” and pickled jalapeños on the side. After you slice the chicken tenders into bite-size portions, shake everything together in the box and enjoy!
Carl’s Jr. Chicken Stuffed Super Star Burger
It’s an explosion of spicy chicken, beef, cheese and everything that’s bad for you but tastes undeniably good. Order a Spicy Chicken Sandwich between a regular Double Cheeseburger. If your request is not recognized by the cashier, just order these two items separately and combine them yourself.
1 lb. Monster Angus Thickburger
This secret menu item is a Facebook favorite. If you want to go big, and get the 1lb Triple Monster, request an additional 1/3 lb. Angus patty when ordering.
Low-Carb Any Burger
If you want to go low-carb, just ask for a “Low-Carb” version of your favorite burger. Instead of serving your patty on a bun, they’ll wrap it in lettuce.
Swap Combo/Healthy Combo
If you order a combo and ask to swap it for a healthy combo, they’ll switch out your fries and soda for salad and water. You can still upgrade your combo, but you’ll have healthy options to choose from instead.
Cut your calories from a traditional hamburger by ordering it “Trim”. When you order your hamburger trim, you’ll get a healthier chicken patty and a wheat bun. With this option, you are guaranteed to shave off about 300 calories from your burger. Pro Tip: You can ask to substitute the hamburger patty for a turkey patty if available.
This is a game changing Secret Menu option that vegans can rejoice in. When ordering to “Veg It”, the cook will remove the meat from your sandwich or hamburger. Pro tip: By removing the meat or substituting it with an available vegetarian option, it will cost less.
You can Go Beyond on any sandwich by swapping the Beyond Burger patty in place of the beef or chicken.
Order a chocolate cake and a milk shake, and ask them to bend the cake in with your shake. If they won’t do it for you, crumble up the cake, add it to your shake cup, and mix well.
Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Shake
Just like the cake shake above, you can request the cheesecake to be blended in with your shake, or order them both and mix them together yourself.
Carl’s Jr. Menu Hacks
Customize your meal at Carl’s Jr. with these menu hacks:
- Add a burger patty to any sandwich to make it a double or a triple
- Add a breaded or grilled chicken patty to any sandwich
- Add hash browns to any breakfast burrito
- Swap out the regular bun for Sourdough on any burger or sandwich
- Add Carl’s house-made guacamole to any menu item
Carl’s Jr. Limited Time Only & Retired Menu Items
- El Diablo Burger – Included jalapeño poppers, jalapeño slices, habanero sauce, bacon, and pepper jack cheese
- Primal Angus Thickburger
- Primal Burrito
- Primal Biscuit with Fried Egg
- Beyond Wraptor Burger & Double Beyond Wraptor Burger
- Chicken & Waffle Breakfast Sandwich
- Chili Cheese Fries
- Pepperoni Pizza Fries – Included pepperoni, pizza sauce, and cheese on top of fries
- The Bisnut – A cross between a biscuit and a donut with chocolate glaze and sprinkles
- Ice Cream Brrrger – Ice cream sandwich that looked like a hamburger
- Most American Thickburger – Included a hot dog and potato chips as toppings
- Double Loaded Omelet Biscuit – Two meat and cheese omelets on a biscuit
- Philly Cheesesteak Burger
- Pastrami Burger
- Mashers Burger – Tested in 2014, included your choice of chicken or beef, topped with mashed potatoes, gravy, and onion straws
- Jim Beam Bourbon Thickburger
- Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Burger – Included nacho cheese sauce and flamin hot cheetos
- Blueberry Muffin Buns
- Monster Biscuit
- All-Natural Burger
- Spicy Western Burger
- Turkey Burger
- CBD Burger
- Teriyaki Burger
- Prime Rib Burger
- Fruit Loop Donuts
- Memphis BBQ Burger
- Beer Cheese Bacon Burger
- Charbroiled Atlantic Cod Fish Sandwich
- Charbroiled Salmon Sandwich – Tested in 2017
Menu Items Carl’s Jr. Does Not Serve
Baked Potatoes, Burgers, Chicken Wings, Chili, Fish, Hot Dogs, Hot Tea, Mashed Potatoes, Mozzarella Sticks, Lemonade, Pizza, Pork, Powerade, Ribs, Roast Beef, Smoothies, Tater Tots, Turkey burgers.
Frequently Asked Questions
What time does Carl’s Jr. open?
Most Carl’s Jr. restaurants open at 6:00 a.m. with some open 24 hours on Friday and Saturday nights.
Does Carl’s Jr. serve breakfast all day?
No, Carl’s Jr. stops serving breakfast at 10:30 a.m.
Does Carl’s Jr. serve everything in the morning?
Carl’s Jr. does not serve the full menu in the morning. Only breakfast is served until 10:30 a.m.
What time does Carl’s Jr. stop serving breakfast?
Carl’s Jr. stops serving breakfast at 10:30 a.m.
Does Carl’s Jr. have chicken wings?
Carl’s Jr. does not serve chicken wings.
Does Carl’s Jr. have soup?
Carl’s Jr. does not serve soup.
Does Carl’s Jr. have coffee?
Carl’s Jr. has regular and decaf coffee.
Does Carl’s Jr. have Oreo Shakes?
Carl’s Jr. has Oreo shakes plus Chocolate, Vanilla and Strawberry flavors.
Does Carl’s Jr. serve vegan burger?
Carl’s Jr. serves a charbroiled 100% plant-based Beyond Burger. You can Go Beyond on any sandwich by swapping the Beyond Burger patty in place of the beef or chicken.
Does Carl’s Jr. serve Mexican Food?
Some Carl’s Jr. that are dual-branded with Green Burrito serve Mexican food menu items.
Is Carl’s Jr. Halal?
Carl’s Jr.’s main menu is not Halal but some side menu items can be Halal.
Is Carl’s Jr. Kosher?
Carl’s Jr. is not certified Kosher.
Is Carl’s Jr. the same as Hardees?
The same parent company owns Carl’s Jr. and Hardees and while they have some similarities, they are not the same and feature different menus.
When was Carl’s Jr. founded?
Carl’s Jr. was founded in 1945 in Anaheim, CA when Carl Karcher and his wife Margaret opened Carl’s Drive-In Barbecue. In 1956 the first two Carl’s Jr. restaurants opened in Anaheim and Brea.
Carl’s Jr. Orange County Locations
- Aliso Creek
- 23002 Aliso Creek Rd, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
- 2025 E Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA 92806
- 3110 E La Palma Ave, Anaheim, CA 92806
- 5701 E La Palma Ave, Anaheim, CA 92807
- 2820 E Lincoln Ave, Anaheim, CA 92806
- 8225 E Santa Ana Canyon Rd, Anaheim, CA 92808
- 794 N Brookhurst St, Anaheim, CA 92801
- 1200 N Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92801
- 1091 N Tustin Ave, Anaheim, CA 92807
- 275 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92805
- 2119 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92802
- 1189 S State College Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92806
- Buena Park
- 6002 Beach Blvd, Buena Park, CA 90621
- 8991 Knott Ave, Buena Park, CA 90620
- 8361 La Palma Ave, Buena Park, CA 90620
- Costa Mesa
- 1550 Adams Ave, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
- 1501 Newport Blvd, Costa Mesa, CA 92627
- 5930 Cerritos Ave, Cypress, CA 90630
- 6947 Katella Ave, Cypress, CA 90630
- Dana Point
- 34312 E Pacific Coast Hwy, Dana Point, CA 92629
- Fountain Valley
- 17085 Brookhurst St, Fountain Valley, CA 92708
- 16101 Harbor Blvd, Fountain Valley, CA 92708
- 1070 E Bastanchury Rd, Fullerton, CA 92835
- 222 N Euclid St, Fullerton, CA 92832
- 4010 N Harbor Blvd, Fullerton, CA 92835
- 800 N State College Blvd, Fullerton, CA 92831 (CSUF)
- 3240 Yorba Linda Blvd, Fullerton, CA 92831
- Garden Grove
- 6022 Chapman Ave, Garden Grove, CA 92845
- 9917 Chapman Ave, Garden Grove, CA 92841
- 13011 Harbor Blvd, Garden Grove, CA 92843
- 11051 S Euclid St, Garden Grove, CA 92840
- 10012 Westminster Ave, Garden Grove, CA 92843
- Huntington Beach
- 9022 Adams Ave, Huntington Beach, CA 92646
- 19512 Beach Blvd, Huntington Beach, CA 92648
- 16031 Bolsa Chica St, Huntington Beach, CA 92649
- 19125 Goldenwest St, Huntington Beach, CA 92648
- 6882 Warner Ave, Huntington Beach, CA 92647
- 8271 Warner Ave, Huntington Beach, CA 92647
- 4960 Barranca Pkwy, Irvine, CA 92604
- 18032 Culver Dr, Irvine, CA 92612
- 4770 Irvine Blvd, Irvine, CA 92620
- 6324 Irvine Blvd, Irvine, CA 92620
- 17971 MacArthur Blvd, Irvine, CA 92614
- 55 Technology Dr W, Irvine, CA 92618
- La Habra
- 701 S Beach Blvd, La Habra, CA 90631
- La Palma
- 5012 La Palma Ave, La Palma, CA 90623
- Laguna Hills
- 24901 Alicia Pkwy, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
- 23002 Lake Forest Dr, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
- Lake Forest
- 20552 Lake Forest Dr, Lake Forest, CA 92630
- Mission Viejo
- 27092 La Paz Rd, Mission Viejo, CA 92692
- 26338 Oso Pkwy, Mission Viejo, CA 92691
- Newport Beach
- 4880 Campus Dr, Newport Beach, CA 92660
- 2092 SE Bristol St, Newport Beach, CA 92660
- 3510 E Chapman Ave, Orange, CA 92869
- 1522 E Katella Ave, Orange, CA 92867
- 145 N Tustin St, Orange, CA 92867
- 402 S Main St, Orange, CA 92868
- 450 The City Dr S, Orange, CA 92868
- 1285 E Imperial Hwy, Placentia, CA 92870
- 750 N Rose Dr, Placentia, CA 92870
- San Clemente
- 957 Avenida Pico, San Clemente, CA 92673
- 3929 S El Camino Real, San Clemente, CA 92672
- San Juan Capistrano
- 31852 Del Obispo St, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
- Santa Ana
- 1943 17th St, Santa Ana, CA 92705
- 1720 E Dyer Rd, Santa Ana, CA 92705
- 1809 E Edinger Ave, Santa Ana, CA 92705
- 1830 N Bristol St Bldg 18, Santa Ana, CA 92706
- 2511 S Bristol St, Santa Ana, CA 92707
- 3325 S Harbor Blvd, Santa Ana, CA 92704
- Seal Beach
- 13902 Seal Beach Blvd, Seal Beach, CA 90740
- 2992 El Camino Real, Tustin, CA 92782
- 14041 Newport Ave, Tustin, CA 92780
|Secret Menus in Orange County||In-N-Out Secret Menu Guide|
|Del Taco Secret Menu||Chick-fil-A Secret Menu|
|Starbucks Secret Menu||Five Guys Secret Menu|
Cindy is an OC native fond of PCH road trips to places like Santa Rosa or Carmel. She’s a mother of three spending her free time baking apple pies, cooking green enchiladas, and listening to 80s music. She’s a beach girl at heart and Cancun is her go to paradise.