This is a list of the best and most popular Chick-fil-A secret menu items, substitutions, and DIY menu hacks. There are special items that you’ll never find on the menu board in the drive-thru, but some key customizations will open up a whole new world to you.
The Chick-fil-A Secret Menu is officially not a secret menu but fortunately for us, Chick-fil-A will happily serve up these items that you won’t find on the regular menu. Discover why some of these Chick-fil-A secret menu items are even more popular than regular Chick-fil-A orders.
So, what’s on the Chick-fil-A secret menu, you ask? Look below to discover the complete secret menu guide.
Just remember, if it’s not available by name, just ask for the specific substitutions and variations when ordering.
Spicy Char-Grilled Chicken Sandwich
This is a twist on the Spicy Chicken Sandwich which is a boneless breast of chicken seasoned with a spicy blend of peppers, freshly breaded, pressure cooked in peanut oil and served on a toasted, buttered bun with dill pickle chips.
The Spicy Grilled Chicken is a grilled chicken patty covered with spicy seasoning versus being breaded and cooked in peanut oil. Guests can also add a slice of pepper jack cheese.
Fried Chicken Club
The Fried Chicken Club is a Grilled Chicken Club that substitutes grilled chicken with fried chicken. This version is still served up on a multigrain brioche bun with Colby Jack cheese, applewood smoked bacon, green leaf lettuce and tomato.
For a gluten-free option and if you just don’t like the buns you can order any sandwich wrapped in lettuce instead of a bun. FYI, many restaurants offer this option including In-N-Out.
The Double Double Down
The bunless sandwich uses two slices of fried chicken as “the bun” and holds two patties of fried chicken, cheese, and bacon. Just order two chicken sandwiches with cheese and bacon, and without the buns.
The Double Decker Sandwich
Ask for the Double Decker and you’ll receive two patties instead of one.
Chicken, Egg & Cheese Biscuit
Order the Chicken, Egg & Cheese Bagel and ask them to make it on a biscuit for a Chicken, Egg & Cheese Biscuit.
Ask for waffle fries with a slice of American, Colby jack, or pepper jack cheese.
Spicy Chicken, Egg & Cheese Biscuit
When ordering simply substitute the regular fried chicken for spicy fried chicken.
For a vegetarian sandwich order a toasted bun with slice of American, Colby jack, or pepper jack cheese. You can also order a Chick-fil-A Deluxe sandwich with no chicken and you’ll get the buns, pickles, lettuce and tomato.
Frosted Arnold Palmer
An Arnold Palmer contains equal parts lemonade and iced tea. Order a frosted lemonade and say you want it Arnold Palmer style.
Frosted Strawberry Lemonade
Order a frosted lemonade and add a scoop of strawberry topping.
Same as frosted strawberry lemonade except order a regular lemonade with a scoop of strawberry topping.
Chocolate Cookies & Cream Milkshake
Ask for a few pumps of chocolate syrup with your Cookies & Cream milkshake.
Root Beer Float
Order a root beer, and a big scoop of Icedream for a root beer float.
Chick-fil-A Fish Sandwich
During Lent select locations serve two types of fish sandwiches. The traditional sandwich which comes with two lightly battered fried cod fillets, tartar sauce, and pickles on a warm, toasted and buttered bun. The deluxe sandwich includes all of the above plus American cheese, lettuce and tomato.
DIY Menu Hacks
Chick-fil-A won’t prepare these items but you can easily order these hacks and assemble yourself.
- Chick-n-Mac Sandwich: Purchase a Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich with no pickles and Mac & Cheese, and put the mac and cheese on top of the chicken.
- Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese: Order Nuggets or Grilled Nuggets, Mac & Cheese, Zesty Buffalo Sauce and Garden Herb Ranch Sauce. Tear the Nuggets into small pieces and mix them into the Mac & Cheese and drizzle both sauces over the mac and cheese or mix in.
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich: Purchase a Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich or Spicy Chicken with extra packets of Zesty Buffalo Sauce. Then drench your sandwich with the sauce.
- Chick-n-Minis Masterpiece: Order the hash browns, Chick-n-Minis and your favorite sauce. Dip the hash browns in your favorite sauce, stack it on top of the chicken and enjoy.
- Chick-fil-A BLT: Order a multigrain brioche bun, add lettuce, tomato and bacon, plus packet of mayo for a BLT.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Deluxe: Simply add Herb Ranch dressing and bacon to the Chicken Deluxe.
- Loaded Chicken Waffle Fries: This one is a little more involved but well worth it. Order 12 count nuggets, large waffle fries with your favorite cheese and sauce(s). Put the waffle fries on a plate, tear the nuggets into smaller pieces and place on top. Heat in the microwave for 20 seconds, if you can, and add sauce. Our recommended combo is waffle fries with pepper jack, spicy nuggets, and buffalo and ranch sauce.
- Cookie Icedream Sandwich: Purchase an Icedream dessert and two Chocolate Chunk Cookies. Place the Icedream dessert in between the two cookies.
- Icedream Fruit Cup: Combine a side order of fruit and an Icedream cup from the dessert menu.
- Double Cookie Milkshake: Order a Cookies & Cream Milkshake and a Chocolate Chunk Cookie. Crumble the cookie into the milkshake and mix it up.
- Blueberry Cheesecake Milkshake: Order the Blueberry Cheesecake and a Vanilla Milkshake and combine the two.
Secret Menu Hacks
- Order a bun without butter.
- Select locations have dog biscuits including a pup cup which is the IceDream topped with a special treat.
- You can order a Gluten-Free Bun that comes individually packaged and can be ordered with any sandwich. The Gluten-Free Bun is made with ancient grains quinoa and amaranth.
- You can order bacon or chicken on anything at breakfast including spicy chicken.
- It’s always exactly two pickle slices served with each sandwich unless you order extra pickles.
- Ask for anything well done including extra-crispy waffle fries or a crispier chicken sandwich.
- You can trade in the free toy with the kid’s meal for a free small ice cream cup.
- Many restaurants offer packets of guacamole and a special cheese sauce.
- Restaurants in Texas and Arizona offer jalapeño peppers.
- Restaurants mostly in West Virginia, Missouri and Kentucky, offer chicken gravy, so those lucky customers can order biscuits and gravy.
- You can download the Chick-fil-A One App to place custom orders.
- Unfortunately, Chick-fil-A doesn’t have the ability to blend drinks.
Menu Items Chick-fil-A Does Not Serve
Baked Potatoes, Burgers, Chicken Wings, Coleslaw, Decaf Coffee, Drumsticks, French Toast Sticks, Honey, Hot Sauce, Hot Tea, Mashed Potatoes, Mountain Dew, Mozzarella Sticks, Pancakes, Pickle Juice, Pink Lemonade, Onion Rings, Oatmeal, Pizza, Powerade, Queso, Quesadillas, Smoothies, Spicy Nuggets, Sweet Potato Fries, Tater Tots.
Orange County Chick-fil-A Locations
- 17th at Tustin (1701 N Tustin Avenue, Santa Ana, CA 92705)
- 91 & Orangethorpe (5960 Orangethorpe Ave, Buena Park, CA 90620)
- Aliso Viejo In-Line DT (26861 Aliso Creek Rd, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656)
- Beach Boulevard (16388 Beach Blvd, Westminster, CA 92683)
- Bristol & MacArthur (3601 S Bristol St, Santa Ana, CA 92704)
- El Toro Road (24011 El Toro Rd, Laguna Hills, CA 92653)
- Fashion Island Shopping Center (401 Newport Center Dr Ste A108, Newport Beach, CA 92660)
- Foothill Ranch (26792 Portola Pkwy, Foothill Ranch, CA 92610)
- Fullerton (151 E Orangethorpe Ave, Fullerton, CA 92832)
- Goldenwest & Warner (16961 Goldenwest St, Huntington Beach, CA 92647) *Coming Soon
- Harbor Blvd (3181 Harbor Blvd, Costa Mesa, CA 92626)
- La Habra Marketplace (1801 W Imperial Hwy, La Habra, CA 90631)
- La Palma Ave (8161 La Palma Ave, Buena Park, CA 90620)
- Ladera (27712 Antonio Pkwy, Ladera Ranch, CA 92694)
- Laguna Niguel (28201 Crown Valley Pkwy, Laguna Niguel, CA 92677)
- Main & Almond (202 S Main St, Orange, CA 92868)
- North Orange (2575 N Tustin St, Orange, CA 92865)
- Outlets at San Clemente (495 W Avenida Vista Hermosa, San Clemente, CA 92672)
- Plaza Del Obispo (31872 Del Obispo St, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675)
- Shops at Rossmoor (12101 Seal Beach Blvd, Seal Beach, CA 90740)
- The Brea Plaza In-Line DT (1647 E Imperial Hwy, Brea, CA 92821)
- The District (2889 Park Ave, Tustin, CA 92782)
- The Market Place (13490 Jamboree Rd, Irvine, CA 92602)
- University Center Irvine (4127 Campus Dr, Irvine, CA 92612)
- Woodbury Town Center (6428 Irvine Blvd, Irvine, CA 92620)
- Yorba Linda (22450 Old Canal Rd, Yorba Linda, CA 92887)
Frequently Asked Questions
What time does Chick-fil-A open?
Most Chick-fil-A restaurants open at 6:30 a.m. and close at 10:00 p.m., except Sunday when they are closed. At a minimum, Chick-fil-A restaurants are open between the hours of 6:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Does Chick-fil-A serve breakfast all day?
No, Chick-fil-A stops serving breakfast at 10:30 a.m.
Does Chick-fil-A serve everything in the morning?
Chick-fil-A only serves breakfast until 10:30 a.m.
What time does chick-fil-a stop serving breakfast?
Chick-fil-A stops serving breakfast at 10:30 a.m., except Sunday when they are closed. Most Chick-fil-A restaurants serve breakfast from 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Is Chick-fil-A open on Christmas Day?
Chick-fil-A is closed on Christmas.
Is Chick-fil-A open on Thanksgiving?
Chick-fil-A is closed on Thanksgiving.
Does Chick-fil-A have burgers?
Chick-fil-A does not serve burgers.
Does Chick-fil-A have chicken wings?
Chick-fil-A does not serve chicken wings.
Does Chick-fil-A have soup?
Chick-fil-A serves one type of soup year-round, Chicken Noodle Soup.
Does Chick-fil-A serve soup in the morning?
Chick-fil-A does not serve their chicken noodle soup in the morning during breakfast hours.
Does Chick-fil-A serve milkshakes in the morning?
Chick-fil-A does serve milkshakes in the morning during breakfast hours.
Does Chick-fil-A have coffee?
Chick-fil-A has hot coffee, iced coffee and frozen coffee however they discontinued serving decaf coffee.
Does Chick-fil-A have bagels?
Chick-fil-A stopped serving bagels in 2021.
Does Chick-fil-A have Strawberry Lemonade?
There is no strawberry lemonade on the menu but you can order a lemonade with a scoop of the topping they use for strawberry milkshakes.
What types of cheeses can you order at Chick-fil-A?
At Chick-fil-A you can order American, Colby Jack, Pepper Jack or no cheese.
Does Chick-fil-A have dog treats?
Some Chick-fil-A locations have dog biscuits including a pup cup which is the IceDream topped with a special treat.
Is Chick-fil-A Halal?
Chick-Fil-A’s main menu is not Halal but some side menu items can be Halal.
Is Chick-fil-A Kosher?
Chick-fil-A is not certified Kosher.
Does Chick-fil-A have wi-fi?
Chick-Fil-A has free Wi-Fi at most of its locations.
When was Chick-fil-A founded?
Chick-fil-A was founded on May 23, 1946, in Hapeville, GA when Truett Cathy opened a diner called Dwarf Grill.
|Secret Menus in Orange County||In-N-Out Secret Menu Guide|
|Del Taco Secret Menu||Starbucks Secret Menu|
|11 Secret Copycat Recipes from OC Restaurants||Free Food Calendar: How to Get Free Food|
Monique McArthur is a mother of two, writer, and creator of delicious recipes. In her spare time she enjoys exploring all that Orange County has to offer, traveling, shopping, running with her dogs and spending time with family.