Whether you’re a nudist, naturist or total novice everyone can get comfortable shedding their clothes at these California clothing optional resorts and nudist camps. From San Diego to Mendocino, you can save travel time and airfare while enjoying the usual amenities, all while in your birthday suit. There are many benefits for choosing an au naturel resort including a more relaxed atmosphere, increased sense of freedom and relaxation, and an opportunity to meet new people with similar interests.
If you’re interested in a clothing-optional getaway, here are 9 nude resorts and camps in California plus other places where you can bare it all.
Southern California Nudist Resorts
Palm Springs Nudist Resorts
1533 N. Chaparral Rd., Palm Springs, CA 92262
The Desert Sun Resort’s five acres of secluded paradise is located in the Palm Springs’ Movie Colony district. The Mediterranean style resort features two year-round heated pools, a heated Whirlpool spa, lighted tennis or pickleball court, full spa, restaurant and two cozy firepit areas. Day passes are also available for those just wanting to visit for the day.
66540 San Marcus Rd, Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240
A quick drive from Orange County, Los Angeles or San Diego, Sea Mountain Resort is nestled at the base of the Santa Rosa foothills, a short drive from downtown Palm Springs. Guests can enjoy clothing optional tanning and swimming and of course, all night partying for those who dare. Similar to Las Vegas, what happens at Sea Mountain stays at Sea Mountain. Amenities include 24 hour heated mineral springs swimming pool and spas, private day spa, tanning garden areas, nude lifestyle recreation, and club nights 24/7.
San Diego Nudist Resorts
1951 Carrizo Gorge Rd, Jacumba Hot Springs, CA 91934
With over 311 spacious, full hook-up RV sites, and plenty of dry tent sites, DeAnza Springs is San Diego’s only clothing-optional resort. This family nude resort is surrounded on three sides by Anza-Borrego Desert State Park and includes access to dozens of exclusive hiking trails, shady lounge areas, and landscaping. Additional amenities include two heated swimming pools, a hot tub, spa, 24-hour gym, tennis and pickleball courts, shuffleboard, and horseshoe pits, not to mention the Cantina Luna Bar and Billiards lounge, and Café Del Sol restaurant.
Riverside Nudist Resorts
26520 Keissel Rd, Colton, CA 92324
Located just a few miles from San Bernardino and Riverside, Olive Dell Ranch is a family-friendly nudist/naturist resort where guests can visit for the day or stay for the night. Amenities include a tennis court, hiking, swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, rental cabins, hookups, and camp sites for extended stays.
25999 Glen Eden Road, Temescal Valley, CA 92883
Located halfway between Los Angeles and San Diego, Glen Eden is family nudist resort and RV park nestled on 154 acres at the base of the Cleveland National Forest. Glen Eden Sun Club offers three heated swimming pools, two hot tubs, a dry spa, tennis and pickleball courts, 24-hour gym, art studios, volleyball, billiards, shuffleboard, disk golf, RC track, book/thrift store and an entertainment schedule which includes a variety of shows, dances, and activities.
Northern California Nudist Resorts
10200 Cull Canyon Road, Castro Valley, CA 94552
The Sequoians is a private, family-friendly, clothes-free, nudist recreation park in a beautiful oak, bay and madrone foothill forest. They are located in the center of the East Bay, 33 miles from San Francisco. Amenities include a heated pool and hot tub, sports courts, putting green, co-ed showers, nude or clothed hiking trails, lawn games, social events, children’s area and a patio firepit.
8683 Rawhide Lane, Wilton, CA 95693
Located just outside Sacramento, Laguna del Sol is a clothing-optional resort featuring a full range of active and leisure activities to be enjoyed with the luxury of not having to dress. The 250 acre property amenities include economical rooms to park model cottages, tent and RV camping, pool and spa, sports recreation, dog park, 25 acre lake with a path for walking, running and cycling, restaurant, lounge, pedal boats, kayaks and much more.
20600 Aldercroft Heights Rd., Los Gatos CA 95033
At Lupin Lodge you can experience nude yoga, clothing optional hiking, tennis, volleyball, art classes and of course, nude sunbathing around the pool. Lupin Lodge features majestic views of the Sequoias and Coastal Redwoods in the Santa Cruz Mountains and it is conveniently located 15 minutes from Los Gatos.
13201 Orr Springs Rd, Ukiah, CA 95482
Situated between the towns of Mendocino and Ukiah, the springs flourish on 27 acres at the headwaters of Big River. The clothing optional resort has rooms, cottages, yurts, nudist camping and is also available for day use. Amenities include a bathhouse, communal kitchen, pools, massage services and many places to relax and enjoy the lush forest area.
More Clothing Optional Places
- Harbin Hot Springs (Middletown, CA) – Clothing-optional spring-fed hot, warm and cold pools.
- Meadowlark Resort (Calistoga, CA)- Clothing optional in the enclosed pool and spa area.
- Saline Valley Warm Springs (Mohave Desert, CA) – Public nudity is common at this National Park Service site, which is not against Federal regulations, but lewd behavior is.
- Tuscany Manor (Palm Springs, CA) – The Tuscany Manor is a clothing optional and naturist resort where you can vacation naturally in secluded privacy.
- Wilbur Hot Springs (Williams, CA) – The bathing area is clothing-optional but clothing is required everywhere else.
California Nude Beaches
From Southern California to Northern California here are all the nude beaches. Be sure to check all city, county, state, and federal laws including clothing-optional “zones.”
- Black’s Beach (San Diego/La Jolla)
- Boneyard Beach (San Diego/Encinitas)
- Pirate’s Cove Beach (San Luis Obispo)
- More Mesa Beach (Santa Barbara)
- San Onofre Beach in Gaviota State Park (Santa Barbara)
- Vista Del Mar (Santa Barbara)
- Garrapata State Beach (Big Sur/Carmel)
- Fuller’s Beach (Big Sur)
- Crater Beach (Mendocino)
- Indian Head Beach (Monterey)
- Bonny Doon State Beach (Santa Cruz)
- Four Mile Beach (Santa Cruz)
- Laguna Creek (Santa Cruz)
- Privates Beach (Santa Cruz)
- Hole in the Wall Beach (Santa Cruz/Davenport)
- Davenport Cove (Davenport)
- Panther Beach (Davenport)
- Gray Whale Cove (Pacifica/Montara)
- San Gregorio Private Beach (San Gregorio/Half Moon Bay)
- Land’s End (San Francisco)
- Baker Beach (San Francisco)
- Marshall’s Beach (San Francisco)
- Black Sands Beach (Marin Headlands)
- South Rodeo Beach (Marin Headlands)
- Muir Beach (Muir Woods)
- RCA Beach (Marin)
- Sculptured Beach (Point Reyes)
- College Cove (Humboldt)
- Baker Beach (Humboldt)
|Best Beach Resorts in Orange County||Best Southern California Resort Pools|
|Romantic Getaways||30 Cities in California for a 3-Day Vacation|
|Best California Roadside Attractions||Best Things To Do In Los Angeles|
Monique McArthur is a mother of two, writer, and creator of delicious recipes. In her spare time she enjoys exploring all that Orange County has to offer, traveling, shopping, running with her dogs and spending time with family.