The 39th Annual Tustin Street Fair and Chili Cook-Off will take place in the streets of old town Tustin on Sunday, June 4, 2023, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. In addition to showcasing the largest one-day chili cook-off in the country the event also features wine and beer, more food vendors, contests, craft booths, live music on three stages, kids’ area, and much more. Admission is free.
Tustin Street Fair & Chili Cook-Off
Where: Old Town Tustin
Address: 1st to Main St and B St to Prospect Ave
Date: Sunday, June 4, 2023
Time: 11am – 6pm
There is a cost for purchasing food, chili tickets, alcohol, kids attractions at Fun Zone, and any crafts and vendor items.
Things to do at the Tustin Street Fair & Chili Cook-Off
Try different chili recipes: The main attraction of the Tustin Street Fair is the chili competition. You can taste different chili recipes from amateur and professional chefs and vote for your favorite.
Compete in a Salsa Making Contest: The event also includes a salsa competition where competitors can show their best salsa recipes.
It’s not just Chili and Salsa: Many local food vendors will be at the event showcasing a variety of fair favorites to unique cultural fare. There are also many free samples to try!
Enjoy live music: The free event features three stages where you can enjoy live music performances throughout the day. The main stage at Peppertree Park features headliners and artists, the Go Country Stage features local community groups and artists and the Tustin Auto Center Stage features local bands.
Shop the Arts and Crafts: You can browse the local vendors selling everything from jewelry to clothing to handmade crafts.
Let the Kids Play at the Fun Zone: This family-friendly event has a special area called the Family Zone where children can enjoy inflatables and other attractions.
Participate in a Contest: Contests include a dog costume, beer stein holding, jalapeño eating and watermelon eating contests. Check the schedule to see when and what’s happening when you visit.
Drink beer and wine: If you’re over 21, you can visit the beer and wine bars located throughout downtown Tustin.
Visit the car show: The event also features a classic car show where you can see vintage cars and trucks.
Parking & Shuttle
Public parking is available as follows:
- On side streets (park at your own risk)
- Public structure behind Rutabegorz Restaurant at Stevens Square (between “C” and Main Street)
- At the Water Facility parking lot on 275 Main Street (corner of Main and Prospect)
- Civic Center, 300 Centennial Way, Tustin 92780
- Columbus Tustin Recreation Center (17522 Beneta Way, Tustin 92780)
- There will be a shuttle to the event and back, starting at 10:30am with the last shuttle departing to CTRC at 6:15pm
What to Know
- Get there early, parking and the event fills up fast and the chili runs out, especially the best selections. Over 40,000 people attend this event each year!
- There is no main entrance or gates, you can enter from any area of the event.
- Dress comfortably and be prepared with sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses.
- If you see a long chili line you can expect to be rewarded with a great tasting chili. Don’t ignore a small line either, they may be up and comers that just aren’t known yet.
- Local bars and restaurants serve beer and cocktails in addition to the wine and beer stations.
- Live music on the main stage will be played at Peppertree Park and lawn chairs, umbrellas and/or blankets are allowed. No canopies.
- The Peppertree playground will remain open.
- There will be a dog chill zone at Peppertree Park.
- Some streets will be closed prior to, during and after the event including:
- Farmers Market Lot
- El Camino Real from First Street to Second Street
- El Camino Real from Sixth Street to First Street
- C Street from Main to First Street
- Main Street from B to Prospect
- Third Street from C to Prospect
- Second Street from C to Prospect
- B Street from Second Street to First Street
- Proceeds from the event are donated to local non-profit organizations and service groups whose members volunteer during the event.
|The Orange County Fair||Fairs & Festivals in Orange County|
|Irvine Global Village Festival||Orange County Night Markets|
|Tustin Tiller Days||Things to do in Tustin|
Monique McArthur is a mother of two, writer, and creator of delicious recipes. In her spare time she enjoys exploring all that Orange County has to offer, traveling, shopping, running with her dogs and spending time with family.