Whether you’re looking for discount tickets for theme parks, shows, events, tours or museums, we’ve collected a huge list of ways to save on admission and more. Finding out how to get discount tickets has never been easier!
Official Promotions on Websites, Apps, Newsletters & Social
Sometimes the best place to find a discount is directly through the attractions or events website, app or social media properties so before scouring everywhere else, check these places first:
- Check the website or download the apps for pricing and deals. Often times there is a promotions page on a website or in app.
- Signup to newsletters, club programs and text alerts to receive exclusive deals.
- Follow the brands on social media for special social only promotions.
Go City Discount Cards
The Go City Pass allows you to pay a flat fee to experience a number of attractions or destinations within regions such as San Diego, Los Angeles, and Orange County. The value of this pass is the ability to visit multiple attractions on a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 7-day pass all for one all-inclusive price. Attractions include Knott’s Berry Farm, Legoland, Sea World, San Diego Zoo, Universal Studios Hollywood, and many more.
Check out the Go City Pass for a full list of attractions that are offered.
Pro Tip: Check Groupon for a discount on the Go City Pass.
Goldstar is an online ticket marketplace that offers discounted tickets for various events and attractions, including concerts, theater shows, sports events, and more. If the event or attraction is listed on Goldstar most likely the prices will be lower than regular box office prices.
Check out Goldstar events deals.
Viator provides access to a wide range of tours, activities, and experiences including city tours, museum visits, outdoor activities, food and wine tours, and more. Similar to Goldstar, if the activity you’re looking for is listed then it’s most likely lower than regular prices.
You can book tickets through the Viator website or through the mobile apps.
These offers are typically limited time or seasonal but it’s always worth checking Groupon for any deals that might pop up.
These deals can be found directly on the Groupon website or through the mobile apps.
Costco Discount Tickets
The gift card section at your local Costco is sure to have discount tickets on attractions, live events and sporting events. While what is available will vary by location and availability, in the past Costco has had discount tickets to Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm, and many more.
Check out your local Costco or you can also visit Costco.com or the Costco Travel website for available discounts including Disneyland bundle packages.
Sam’s Club Discount Tickets
At Sam’s club you can save up to 60% on theme parks and attractions including Disneyland, Universal Studios and thousands more attractions across America.
Visit Sam’s Club Travel & Entertainment website for a complete list.
AAA Discount Tickets
AAA members can save up to 40% on AAA discount tickets on theme parks, attractions, live and sporting events, ski resorts and show and theater tickets. Attractions include Disneyland, Six Flags theme and water parks, Legoland, Sea World, Universal Studios Hollywood and many more across the U.S.
Visit AAA member deals, go to a local AAA office or sometimes you can simply show your valid AAA card at the ticket booth to get a discount.
Authorized Ticket Reseller Discounts
Many ticket resellers are authorized to sell tickets at a discount price. These companies also offer deeper discounts on packages and bundles. Here some of the bigger ones out there.
Employee Company Discounts
Many discounts are often available at the companies where you’re employed. Inquire with your HR department or online employee portal. A couple examples are the Orange County Employee Association tickets and discounts benefits and companies that are members of the TicketsAtWork tickets and discounts network for employees.
Credit Union & Bank Discounts
Credit Unions and Bank are another great place to find discounted tickets or gain access to exclusive benefits. For example, Orange County’s Credit Union members gain access to the previously mentioned TicketsAtWork program.
Affiliation Discounts (Military, Students & More)
If you’re affiliated with a group such as the military or a student you may have access to free and discounted tickets. Often times it’s as simple as checking with the attraction to see if a discount is offered or going through other portals to obtain the discount.
Here are some the many affiliated groups and how to get a discount:
- Military – Active duty military and dependents may be entitled to receive free or discounted tickets. Veterans may be entitled to receive discounted tickets year round or during Military Appreciation Days, on Veterans Day, 4th of July, and other designated days. Veterans Advantage members or members of USAA Bank can also secure great deals on theme parks and entertainment. Vet Tix is non-profit that has both donated tickets and discounted ticket offers.
- Government – Many attractions offer government employee discounts or these discounts can be secured through site like Govx.
- Students – Students can get discounts directly through attractions, or many universities offer discounts to amusement parks, events, museums and more. If you are a college student, check with your Student Union, Ticket Office, Bursar Office, or ASI office.
- Teachers – Be on the lookout for Teacher Appreciation Days and discounts offered directly to teachers. Members of NEA also have access to many admission discounts and more.
- Nurses, first responders and healthcare professionals – Similar to teachers, many theme parks and attractions offer discounts and Appreciation Days.
- Union members – If you are a current or retired union member, you may have access to many discount admission tickets. Check Union Plus to see if your union is in the network or check with your union for any discount benefits.
- Seniors – Getting older sometimes has benefits and many attractions offer senior discounts and by becoming an AARP member you’ll receive access to even more entertainment benefits.
- Children – Often times admission is free or discounted for children. For instance, admission is free to Disneyland for children under three.
Sometimes if you don’t see a discount listed for your affiliation all you have to do is ask if a discount is offered!
Library Free Tickets and Discounts
Library benefits are so much more than being able to check out a book and this includes free and low-cost passes for museums, science centers, zoos, theatres, and other cultural destinations.
Sign up on the Orange County Discover & Go Website or out check our your local library branch’s offers.
Restaurant & Grocery Store Discounts
Fast food restaurants and grocery stores commonly offer deals and discounts on amusement parks, shows and attractions. Be on the lookout at these fast food restaurants for deals or visit your grocery store customer service counter for available discounts.
If you’re visiting a destination try searching for hotels in the area only or call for package deals on theme parks, attractions and events. Once you’re at the hotel be sure to check out the hotel displays that house flyers for any discounts or inquire with the concierge.
More Ways to Find Discounts
- Look for discounts for buying online versus at the gate.
- Take advantage of early bird specials and reserve or purchase tickets in advance.
- Look for time of day discounts where the price goes down the later you enter the theme park or attraction.
- Consider annual or season passes, if you plan to visit frequently, often times the savings can be had with just a few visits.
- Be on the lookout for appreciation days including military, law enforcement, teachers and medical professionals.
- Check for special promotions such as discounted days for donating canned food or toys.
- Look for buy one get one free days.
- Try winning a radio contest or sweepstakes.
- If you’re with a large group inquire about discount tickets.
- If you live in the area check for local discounts. For instance, Disneyland offers SoCal residents discount tickets and some attractions are even free to local residents.
- If you don’t have access to the many ways to find discounted tickets above then try asking a friend or family member if they have special member access or belong to a company that can take advantage of these exclusive benefits.
- Consider volunteering for an event and get access for free as long as you’re willing to help out.
- If you’re looking for a job try working at your favorite attraction.
- Check out SeatFillersAndMore or SeatStir and become a seat-filler for a show or event.
- Sign up to the Fever Club also known as Fever Up and earn cashback on event purchases that you can apply to future event purchases. The platform delivers a curated list of events including nightlife, concerts, festivals, exhibits, immersive experiences, pop-up events, sports, courses, workshops and much more.
- If you’re looking for Disneyland discount tickets try Mouse Savers.
|Go City Pass||Best Value Annual Passes In OC|
|How To Get A Hotel Day Pass||Best Student Discounts|
|Military Discounts||Knott’s Berry Farm Discount Tickets|
Monique McArthur is a mother of two, writer, and creator of delicious recipes. In her spare time she enjoys exploring all that Orange County has to offer, traveling, shopping, running with her dogs and spending time with family.