Many ski resorts announce tentative opening dates, although they caution that they could open sooner or later depending on weather conditions. Below are the ski areas that have announced their estimated or tentative opening dates plus a few projections based on their historical opening dates.
Every winter beginning sometime in November, the California ski season kicks off with great anticipation. The season opening and closing days for California’s ski resorts are important dates to remember when planning an early or late season escapade.
After the first ski areas open in mid-November, the bulk follow suit from early-November through mid-December, until mostly all are open. The list below includes California’s most popular resorts and a few in adjacent Nevada.
- Big Bear Mountain Ski Resort (Big Bear Lake, CA) – November 11, 2023
- Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort (Mammoth, CA) – November 4, 2023
- Mountain High Resort (Wrightwood, CA) – November 18, 2023
- Mt. Baldy Resort (Mt Baldy) – November 24, 2023
- Snow Summit Ski Summit (Big Bear Lake, CA) – November 11, 2023
- Snow Valley Mountain Resort (Running Springs, CA) – December 25, 2023
- Bear Valley Resort (Bear Valley, CA) – December 16, 2023
- Boreal Mountain Resort (Soda Springs, CA) – November 10, 2023
- China Peak (Lakeshore, CA) – As of November 11, 2023
- Diamond Peak (Incline Village, NV) – December 2, 2023
- Dodge Ridge Mountain Resort (Pinecrest, CA) – November 10, 2023
- Donner Ski Ranch (Norden, CA) – November 11, 2023
- Heavenly Ski Resort (South Lake Tahoe, CA) – November 17, 2023
- Homewood Mountain Resort (Homewood, CA) – December 15, 2023
- June Mountain Ski Area (June Lake, CA) – December 10, 2023
- Kirkwood Mountain Resort (Kirkwood, CA) – December 1, 2023
- Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe (Reno, NV) – November 10, 2023
- Mt. Shasta Ski Park (McCloud, CA) – December 9, 2023
- Northstar California (Truckee, CA) – November 17, 2023
- Palisades Tahoe (Olympic Valley, CA) – November 17, 2023
- Sierra-at-Tahoe (Twin Bridges, CA) – December 2, 2023
- Soda Springs Mountain Resort (Soda Springs, CA) – November 24, 2023
- Sugar Bowl Resort (Norden, CA) – November 24, 2023
- Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort (Truckee, CA) – December 8, 2023
- Yosemite Ski & Snowboard Area (Yosemite National Park, CA)– December 22, 2023
Season dates are tentative and subject to change.
This page was last updated 11-01-23. Get ready for a great season!
|Snow Summit vs. Bear Mountain||Bear Mountain|
|Snow Summit||Wrightwood, California|
|50 Winter Activities & Fun Things to Do||Southern California Winter Vacation Ideas|
Monique McArthur is a mother of two, writer, and creator of delicious recipes. In her spare time she enjoys exploring all that Orange County has to offer, traveling, shopping, running with her dogs and spending time with family.