The Santa Ana Zoo is home to over 120 species of animals, reptiles, amphibians, birds and invertebrates. Here is the list of animals at the Santa Ana Zoo.
- Black & white ruffed lemur (ES)
- Black howler monkey
- Black-and-white colobus monkey
- Brown-headed spider monkey (ES)
- Emperor tamarin
- Golden lion tamarin (ES)
- Golden-headed lion tamarin (ES)
- Red titi monkey
- Red-handed tamarin
- Ring-tailed lemur
- White-face saki monkey
- White-handed gibbon (ES)
- Bactrian camel (ES)
- Dromedary camel
- Crested porcupine
- Dexter cow
- Domestic goat (Nigerian dwarf & Nubian)
- Domestic pig (Guinea hog)
- Domestic rabbit
- Exmoor pony
- Giant anteater
- Miniature donkey
- Prehensile-tailed porcupine
- Three-banded armadillo ***
- Two-toed sloth
- Giant African millipedes ***
- Giant cave cockroaches
- Ball python ***
- Blue-tongued skink ***
- Boa constrictor
- Green iguana
- Honduran milk snake
- Pancake tortoise
- Prehensile-tailed skink ***
- Rosy boa ***
- Western pond turtles (TS)
- Eastern tiger salamander
- Golden poison dart frog (ES)
- Mountain yellow-legged frog (ES)
- Bald eagle
- Blue & yellow macaw
- Blue crowned pigeon ***
- Domestic chicken
- Green cheeked amazon (ES)
- Mallard duck
- Peafowl (common & Javan green)
- Scarlet ribs
- Spectacled owl
- Sun parakeet (ES)
- Violet turaco
- White-bellied caique
- White-faced whistling duck
- Yellow-headed amazon parrot
ES = Endangered Species
TS = Threatened Species
*** = Ambassador animal, lives behind the scenes, not visible to the the public except during programs.
All animals have access to inside and outside space and may not be visible at all times.
Explore the interactive map of the zoo to see animals and locations.
Find a printable pdf list of the animals of the Santa Ana Zoo. Note, these two lists do not match.
Last updated February, 2022, the animals at the zoo are subject to change as they move to new homes before the zoo updates the list.
Does Santa Ana Zoo have pandas?
The Santa Ana Zoo does not have pandas except for the carousel ride which has Giant Pandas on the ride. The closest zoo with pandas is the San Diego Zoo. In fact, there are only four zoos in the United States with Giant Pandas.
Zoos with Pandas in the United States (links to Panda Cams)
- San Diego Zoo in San Diego, California
- Memphis Zoo in Memphis, Tennessee
- Smithsonian’s National Zoo in Washington, D.C.
- Zoo Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia
Santa Ana Zoo
1801 East Chestnut Avenue, Santa Ana, CA 92701
|Santa Ana Zoo||Orange County Zoo|
|Best Petting Zoos||Best Family Friendly Farms To Visit|
|Orange County Wilderness Preserves||Best Value Annual Passes In OC|
Monique McArthur is a mother of two, writer, and creator of delicious recipes. In her spare time she enjoys exploring all that Orange County has to offer, traveling, shopping, running with her dogs and spending time with family.