Orange County has plenty to do to keep you busy and entertained. But nighttime can be different than the days in SoCal. We’ve still got great weather, but where are the best places to go for nightlife in Orange County? Whether you’re looking for something to do with friends, with the kids, or with a date, here are some of the best things to do for nightlife in OC from super mellow to all out fun.
Hit the local amusement parks! They are even more fun at night when they are all lit up!
Don’t want to splurge on a ticket? Find a spot outside the park to watch the Disneyland Fireworks.
Enjoy dinner and an epic show at Medieval Times or Pirates Dinner Adventure.
Enjoy the rides, games, and sweet treats at Balboa Fun Zone.
Take a stroll around Irvine Spectrum and ride the Ferris Wheel.
Put your boots on and go country line dancing.
Catch a concert or live show at one of the local live music venues.
See a punk show at The World Famous Doll Hut.
See a play, musical, or local community performance at a performing arts center.
Enjoy craft beer and cocktails, live entertainment, dinner and dessert all in one place at a local food hall.
Do some craft beer tastings on one of the local breweries’ craft beer trails.
Satisfy your inner foodie or shop local vendors by checking out one of the local night markets.
Check out the work of local artists at a pop-up evening art walk or maker market event.
Head to Buena Park’s The Source for a variety of entertainment options including a Karaoke Lounge, Virtual Golf and sports bar, internet cafe and gaming, and VR reality experience.
Visit Anaheim Packing District for dinner or dessert and enjoy live music or sets from local DJs.
Find a Paint & Sip event or shop to join a group for cocktails and painting. Some individuals host paint nights at local pop-up locations and some will come to you if you book a group event, but you can also check with the following studios:
Take a cruise down Pacific Coast Highway.
Grab some popcorn and catch a free movie in the park!
Attend a free concert in the park.
Go to a seasonal grunion run at the beach.
Take a stroll on one of Orange County’s historic piers.
Get your hot dogs and s’mores supplies and have a beach bonfire.
Catch a game or UFC fight at a local sports bar.
Attend a baseball game at Angel Stadium.
Head to the Orange County Great Park’s championship soccer stadium and see the Orange County Soccer Club play.
See the Anaheim Ducks play hockey at the Honda Center.
Have a good laugh and see a comedy show at the Improv.
Challenge your friends to a round of bowling at one of OC’s best bowling alleys.
Satisfy your need for speed at K1 Indoor Go Kart Racing.
If you’re a member, or the guest of one, many Orange County Elk’s lodges host weekend and holiday events in the evenings to celebrate.
More Than Just A Bar
Grab your quarters and head to an adult arcade for drinks, video games, and pinball!
Check out Orange County’s best downtown destinations for dinner, drinks, dancing, and more. Some of the best downtowns for the biggest selection of nightlife include:
Check out the dueling pianos at Beach Boulevard Club | 7600 Beach Blvd., Buena Park, CA 90620
- The Lost Inferno | 425 N. El Camino Real, San Clemente, CA 92672
- High Horse Saloon | 102 N Harbor Blvd., Fullerton, CA 92832
- The Blind Rabbit | 440 S Anaheim Blvd. #104, Anaheim, CA 92805
Head to one of the areas best rooftop bars and restaurants for dazzling city views and laid back nightlife.
- Bravo Night Club (18+) | 1490 S Anaheim Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92805
- Heat Ultra Lounge | 400 Disney Way, #214, Anaheim, CA 92802
- NV Lounge | 1233 S Brookhurst St., Anaheim, CA 92804
- Rumba Room Live | 400 Disney Way, #201, Anaheim, CA 92802
- Commissary 2.0 | 2968 Randolph Ave, Unit #2, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
- Mesa Lounge | 725 Baker Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
- Sevilla Nightclub | 1870 Harbor Blvd., Costa Mesa, CA 92627
- TIME Nightclub | 1875 Newport Blvd. B245, Costa Mesa, CA 92627
- The Circle OC (18+) | 8901 Warner Avenue, Huntington Beach, CA 92647
- Legacy Nightclub & Lounge (18+ on Fridays) | 4647 Macarthur Blvd, Newport Beach, CA 92660
- The Copper Door | 225 N Broadway, Santa Ana, CA 92701
- OC Nightclub | 14190 Beach Blvd., Westminster, CA 92683
|Breweries In Orange County||Wine Tasting In Orange County|
|Rooftop Bars & Restaurants In LA||Date Ideas In Orange County|
|Southern California Casinos||Stay At Home Date Night Ideas|
Heidi Deal is the author of the Newcomers Handbook to Living In Los Angeles & Orange County, and a children’s book author specializing in history and human rights.