Orange County has many stars and celebrity residents and visitors, and it might be a surprise to learn that the chances of celebrity sighting are greater if you do things that normal people do. Here is your guide to the best places to go celebrity-spotting in Orange County. Find the best hotels, restaurants, neighborhoods, celebrity haunts and more.
Orange County Celebrity Neighborhoods
Orange County celebrities predominantly reside and visit the beach cities so your best chances of a celebrity sighting will be in Laguna Beach and Newport Beach which includes the neighborhoods of Newport Coast, Corona Del Mar and Balboa Island. Huntington Beach, Dana Point and Costa Mesa are also great options. Keep in mind celebrities need to venture out into their neighborhoods for everyday activities such as eating, shopping, and playing, so doing so in the same area might lead to a celebrity encounter. Lido Marina Village, Crystal Cove, Newport Coast and Corona Del Mar shopping centers all offer a great opportunity to spot a celebrity while sipping a cup of coffee or shopping at Pavilions or Bristol Farms. Pacific City in Huntington Beach and downtown Laguna Beach are other great places to journey out for a chance celebrity encounter.
Orange County Celebrity Restaurant Hangouts
Not coincidentally all these restaurants are in the neighborhoods listed above and offer a great opportunity to dine at amazing restaurants while spying your favorite celebrity. Even if you don’t spot a celebrity the people watching is can’t miss.
- A Restaurant (Newport Beach, CA)
- Crystal Cove Shopping Center Restaurants (Newport Coast, CA)
- A Crystal Cove
- Javier’s (Crystal Cove Shopping Center/Newport Coast, CA)
- Marche Moderne
- Mastro’s Ocean Club
- Gulfstream (Corona Del Mar Plaza/Newport Beach, CA)
- Kitchen in the Canyon (Laguna Beach, CA)
- Las Brisas (Laguna Beach, CA)
- Malibu Farm (Lido Marina Village/Newport Beach, CA)
- Nobu (Lido Marina Village/Newport Beach, CA)
- Selanne Steak Tavern (Laguna Beach, CA) – Owned by hockey legend Teemu Selanne
Check out all Orange County filming locations for Selling the OC, a Sunset spinoff.
Orange County Celebrity Attractions & Destinations
Celebrities are obsessed with Disneyland and California Adventure just like anyone else (except they don’t like to wait in line). So much so that Disneyland even blogs about celebrity visits and their list is nowhere near a full list of celebrity visitors.
Get early to Angel Stadium to watch batting practice and the opportunity for some of the players to stop by the stands to sign autographs. Angels batting practice starts two hours before game time.
At John Wayne airport even stars have to travel and while LAX offers a greater opportunity to spot a celebrity, JWA is no slouch.
- Disneyland (Anaheim, CA)
- Disney California Adventure (Anaheim, CA)
- John Wayne Airport (Santa Ana, CA)
- Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Batting Practice (Anaheim, CA)
Orange County Celebrity Shopping Spots
Los Angeles celebrities flock to The Grove, The Sherman Oaks Galleria, and Rodeo Drive but Orange County is not too far behind with their own premier shopping destinations for celebrities. Fashion Island and South Coast Plaza are choke full of trendy and luxury retailers that stars can’t resist such as Prada, Jimmy Choo, Gucci, Christian Louboutin, and Chanel. The restaurants at these shopping centers are another opportunity to see your favorite star.
- Fashion Island (Newport Beach, CA)
- South Coast Plaza (Costa Mesa, CA)
Orange County Celebrity Hotels & Resorts to Lodge, Dine or Visit
Book a stay at one of these A-list hotels for an opportunity to bump into one of your celeb obsessions. If these places are not within your budget consider eating breakfast, lunch, or dinner there, walking the hotel grounds or purchasing a hotel day pass.
- Hotel Laguna (Laguna Beach, CA)
- Montage Hotel & Resort (Laguna Beach, CA)
- The Resort at Pelican Hill (Newport Coast, CA)
- Ritz-Carlton (Laguna Niguel, CA)
- Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach, formerly St Regis (Dana Point, CA)
Orange County Celebrity Fitness, Sports & Health Clubs
Actors, models, musicians, reality stars, and athletes need to stay impeccably fit and to that end Orange County is equipped with a near-endless number of gyms, yoga studios, and cross-fit centers. The most likely place to run into a celebrity is in a neighborhood where they live.
Another option is joining the very expensive Equinox Fitness Clubs. Across the nation Equinox is, bar none, the best luxury fitness chain to work out with celebrities on a daily basis. The New York and Beverly Hills locations are well known places to see celebrities and the Orange County locations are not far behind.
- Equinox (Newport Beach, CA)
- Equinox (Irvine, CA)
- Equinox (Huntington Beach, CA)
Tips for Meeting a Celebrity in Orange County
- Be polite, respectful and act like a fan
- Pick the right moment
- Know when to back off or not approach at all
- Be understanding if they aren’t interested in conversing, taking photos
- Ask permission for a picture, don’t take stealth pictures
- Respect their time and the space you’re seeing them in
- Don’t touch, shake hands, hug, etc. without asking or follow their lead
- Try to be normal, don’t be something you’re not
- Don’t be critical or ask the same question they probably hear all the time
- Don’t ask them what you know them from
|Orange County Golf Courses||Shopping Centers in Orange County|
|How To Get A Hotel Day Pass||Disney and Anaheim Hotels|
|Restaurants With A View in Orange County||Best Beach Resorts in Orange County|