The WonderCon convention will once again take place at the Anaheim Convention Center from Friday, March 29 through Sunday, March 31, 2024. WonderCon is an annual comics, pop culture, movies, TV, and animation event that provides a space for fans to engage with their favorite artists. The event features panels, presentations, 900 + exhibitor booths, and opportunities to meet creators, artists, YouTubers, and actors, and buy prints, original art, and schedule commissions.
WonderCon is organized by Comic-Con International and many considered it a more mellow fan event where cosplaying is as much the show as are the panels, artists and vendors that are there. The front of the convention has a large outside area where cosplayers and onlookers gather to take pictures and videos. For many this is the main attraction.
WonderCon Anaheim 2024 will take place Friday, March 29 through Sunday, March 31, 2024 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
WonderCon 2024 Anaheim, CA
All ages are welcome at WonderCon while children under 5 are free. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult (18+) with a ticket.
Things To Do At WonderCon
- Artist Alley: There are over 900 exhibits featuring artists, publishers, retailers and vendors with comics, original art, toys, clothing, and merchandise to see and purchase. It’s a great opportunity to meet and speak to your favorite artists.
- Panels: The panels at WonderCon are more niche with smaller artists compared to the larger studio appearances at ComicCon.
- Movies: An animated movie premieres on Friday night.
- Small Press: This is your chance to discover smaller publishers and see their books, comics, novels, manga and more.
- Food Trucks: You can bring your own food or check out the many food trucks outside the convention center.
- Cosplay: Whether you’re into cosplay or not, this part of the event is a must see where fans dress up as a character from a movie, book, or video game. The costumes are amazing with their creativity and attention to detail.
- Masquerade (cosplay competition): On a large stage in front of thousands of onlookers, fans can compete with fellow cosplayers for the best and most inventive costumes. During judging intermission there is also live entertainment.
Monique McArthur is a mother of two, writer, and creator of delicious recipes. In her spare time she enjoys exploring all that Orange County has to offer, traveling, shopping, running with her dogs and spending time with family.