Shaq is bringing his unique Halloween twist to Long Beach, California, with the multi-night immersive Shaqtoberfest Halloween festival. Happening near the iconic Queen Mary, this event caters to all. Experience family-friendly trick-or-treating during the day and spine-chilling twisted trails at night. Enjoy live entertainment, delicious food, themed bars and lounges, carnival rides, and much more.
Family-friendly hours with trick-or-treating will be held on the last three Sundays of October. All ages are welcome to come dressed in Halloween costumes and enjoy the festivities!
Shaqtoberfest – Halloween Festival
Where: The Queen Mary
Shaqtoberfest is located alongside The Historic Queen Mary
Address: 1126 Queens Hwy, Long Beach, CA 90802
Dates: Thursday, September 28 – Tuesday, October 31, 2023
September 28, 29, 30
October 1, 5, 6, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
Hours: 6:00 pm – 11:00 pm (opening hours vary by day)
Cost: Tickets start at $29.99
Admission is required for children 3-12 Years old. Kids 2 and under are FREE and do not need a ticket.
Attractions at Shaqtoberfest
- The Grey Ghost: As part of the 2023 reopening of the Queen Mary, visit the belly of the ship to see what spirits lurk in the dark damp corridors.
- Deadman’s Wharf: Escape the reaching tentacles of large sea creatures who have made their way onto the wharf shore as you navigate the storm through a maze of rusted vessels and withering cargo shrouded in fog.
- Pirates Cove: Step aboard Deepsea Davey’s pirate ship and make your way through the dark, narrow passageways as you search for your own piece of the treasure. Along the way, you may stumble upon “Captain Shaq’s Hideaway” where you can grab a shot of rum punch and, toast to the pirate’s life.
- Midway Madness: Loopey Looney and her loyal Clown Crew have taken over the carnival and turned the fun house into the fear house. Between the giant Ferris wheel, bumper cars, and concessions, make sure you look up, look down, you never know where you might spy a creepy clown.
- Diesel’s Pumpkin Patch: This one of a kind walk-through experience features a traditional hay bale maze mixed with larger than life inflatables and animations, sinister scares and an over-the-top light show mixing Halloween with a special set by DJ Diesel himself.
- Live Entertainment:
- LVCRFT Block Party Stage: Come shake your bones and exercise the demons at the LVCRFT Block Party Stage with DJ Reaper and Skeleton Sam slaying Halloween hits all night long.
- Pop-Up Performances: You never know who, or what, you might see at Shaqtoberfest. Keep an eye out for pop-up performances throughout the festival including fire spinners on the Block Party Stage, sliders in front of Tiki Terror, Clown Crew on the Midway Madness carnival rides, The Voodoo Sound Company drummers at Diesel’s Boathouse and more.
- Shipwreck Graveyard: As you explore this whimsical fishing village you’ll come across the site of a notorious shipwreck filled with larger than life animations, character interactions and tons of photo ops. If you’re feeling brave you can investigate the mysterious storm that caused the ship to run aground.
- Themed Bars & Lounges
- Tiki Terror: Nestled alongside the historic Queen Mary is a bamboo paradise where you’ll find your favorite island cocktails like the Zombie, Mai Tai, Rum Runner and Blue Hawaiian to name a few.
- The Homecourt Bar: Located in the center of the action in the Block Party, Home Court bar is your go-to spot for all your favorite drinks.
- Looney’s Libations Carnival Themed Bar: Terrorizing a carnival is hard work, so when Loopey Looney’s clown cronies need a break they head to the local watering hole to kick back, have a few themed cocktails, mocktails, and morsels.
- Diesel’s Boathouse: Leave your boat at the dock and head up to Diesel’s Boathouse for craft beers and a game of cornhole.
- VIP Experiences:
- Captain Shaq’s Secret Hideaway: Hidden inside Pirate’s Cove is a secret lair, “Captain Shaq’s Hideaway”, where you’ll toast to the pirate’s life with a complimentary shot of rum punch.
- The Engine Room Experience: Step aboard and descend below the water line for a special self-guided (AKA “spirit-led”) tour of the ship’s Engine Room.
- VIP Slam Dunk Lounge: VIP ticket holders enjoy exclusive, unlimited access to the VIP Slam Dunk Lounge, featuring stunning views of Shaqtoberfest from the T-bridge alongside the Queen Mary, exclusive photo opportunities, relaxed seating and an elevated full-service bar with beer, wine, and exclusive cocktails for purchase.
- Carnival Rides: This year’s ride line up includes Bumper Cars, Zero Gravity, Giant Gondola Wheel, Carousel, and Wacky Shack Funhouse.
- The Merchandise Shaq: Swing by the Merchandise Shaq for exclusive Shaqtoberfest gear, Halloween apparel, seasonal goodies and more.
- Festive Eats & Treats: Enjoy delicious food offerings throughout the festival from California classics like Pink’s and Hot Dog on a Stick to seasonal offerings like warm apple cider and s’mores, plus all of your favorite carnival treats like hot dogs, popcorn, soft pretzels, cotton candy, french fries, funnel cakes, batter-dipped Oreos, and more.
|Knott’s Scary Farm||Halloween Time At Disneyland|
|Halloween Events In OC||Dia De Los Muertos Events|
|Best Pumpkin Patches In OC||Corn Mazes In & Around OC|
Monique McArthur is a mother of two, writer, and creator of delicious recipes. In her spare time she enjoys exploring all that Orange County has to offer, traveling, shopping, running with her dogs and spending time with family.