Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. Have you started thinking about how you’re going to celebrate with your special someone? Here are a few Valentine’s Day date ideas.
Did You Know? Esther Howland made homemade valentines out of paper and lace and sold them in her town, Worcester, Massachusetts. She was nicknamed “The Mother of the American Valentine.”
Dinner & Drinks
Broadway By Amar Santana
328 Glenneyre St., Laguna Beach
Treat yourselves to an exquisite multi-course meal unlike any other at Broadway by Amar Santana. The Valentine’s Day menu is available Monday, February 14 only and is $175 per person. Add a wine pairing for $125. The menu includes:
- Amuse-Bouche: Pastrami cured Hamachi
- Steamed Chilean Seabass
- Roasted Sonoma Duck Breast with orange glazed endives and seared foie gras
- Roasted Filet Mignon with beef cheek marmalade, roasted bone marrow, and spring peas
- Coconut cake with rum flambe and passion fruit sorbet
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
455 Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach
1050 W Katella Avenue, Anaheim
Fleming’s is serving a delectable 3-course dinner menu exclusively for Valentine’s Day weekend. Available February 11-14, the special menu includes your choice of salad, plus:
- Entrée: Choose from petite filet and crab stuffed shrimp scampi or petite filet and lobster tail scampi. Upgrade to main filet or prime bone-in ribeye for an extra charge.
- Dessert: Choose from chocolate gooey butter cake, key lime pie, or New York cheesecake.
Want something more extravagant? Order the prime surf and turf for two with a shareable 35 ounce prime tomahawk, north Atlantic lobster tail, four crab stuffed shrimp, sauteed roasted Campari tomatoes and white wine herb butter.
JW Marriott, Anaheim Resort
1775 South Clementine Street, Anaheim
If you’re looking for a luxury, multi-course dinner to celebrate, how about a special Valentine’s Day meal at JW Marriott, Anaheim Resort’s Tocca Ferro restaurant?
This special dinner is $95 and is only available on Monday, February 14 from 5 PM to 9 PM. Reservations can be made on Open Table here. Walk-ins are also welcome.
Valentine’s Day three course meal options include:
1st Course (shared) Choice of 1
- Lobster ravioli, mascarpone cheese, prosecco beurre blanc, blistered toybox tomatoes, squash blossoms, caviar
- Roasted baby beets, burrata, arugula, frisee, toasted pine nuts, fig balsamic, riviera ligure olive oil, maldon sea salt
2nd Course (Choose 1 per person)
- Tomato braised Veal osso buco, ricotta nudi, tomato ragout, wild mushrooms, meyer lemon gremolata
- Pan roasted chilean sea bass, risotto milanese, roasted red pepper romesco, sauteed rapini, garlic confit
- Grilled 8oz. petite filet mignon, truffle butter, pecorino flan, roasted asparagus
- Dark chocolate bomb, vanilla bean sponge cake, amarena cherry flambe, OR
- Lemon cello panna cotta, blueberry, finger lime, pine nut & sea salt brittle
After dinner, guests are welcomed to continue their evening with cocktails at the hotel’s 11th floor rooftop bar, Parkestry. The rooftop bar is also a premium spot for Disney’s firework show. Make it the perfect Valentine’s Day by booking one of JW Marriott, Anaheim Resort’s luxury rooms.
Montage Laguna Beach at The Loft
30801 South Coast Highway, Laguna Beach
Enjoy and indulgent and memorable meal at The Loft complete with ocean views and live entertainment. Served on Monday, February 14, the romantic four-course meal is available from 5PM – 10PM and includes:
First Course (choose one per person)
- Baby Gem Salad
- Kusshi Oysters
- Foie Gras Torchon
Second Course (choose one per person)
- Braised C.A.B. Short Rib
- Spring Pea Soup
- Beet Cured Tasmanian Trout
Third Course (choose one per person)
- Creekstone Farms Prime Filet Mignon
- Pan-roasted Branzino
- Portobello Mushroom Steak
Dessert (choose one per person)
- Red Velvet Heart
- Pink Macaron
Orange County Mining Co.
10000 Crawford Canyon Rd., Orange
Enjoy a special dining experience with views of the city over Valentine’s Day weekend at Orange County Mining Co. Available Friday, February 11 through Sunday, February 13, this celebratory menu is $170 per couple and includes two filet and lobster dinners, a bottle of champagne, and a dessert.
The Ranch Restaurant
1025 E. Ball Road, Anaheim
Celebrate at The Ranch with a special Valentine’s Day dinner served only on Monday, February 14th from 5PM – 10PM. The four course menu is $125 per person and includes:
- First Course: Select one – White asparagus and serrano ham, house-made sweet potato gnocchi, or country fried petaluma quail
- Second Course: Select one – Heirloom roasted baby beets or coconut shrimp curry
- Main: Select one – Rose petal crusted te mana lamb chops, Beeler’s family farm pork chop, or black bass
- Dessert: Select one – Chocolate gateau, strawberry semifredo, passion fruit cheesecake, or old fashioned pecan pie
Upgrade your main course to a Cape Grim Grass-fed Filet and South African Lobster Tail for an additional fee!
Silver Trumpet Restaurant & Bar
3350 Avenue of the Arts, Costa Mesa
Celebrate with your special someone with romantic lakeside dining at Silver Trumpet and enjoy an exclusive Valentine’s Day meal served only on Monday February 14 from 4PM – 10PM. The 4-course meal is $89 per person and includes a selection of steak and seafood, signature sides, and delicious desserts.
Strong Water Anaheim
270 S. Clementine Blvd., Anaheim
Celebrate at Strong Water with a special Valentine’s Prix Fixe Menu by Galley Master Steve Kling. Served Thursday, February 11 through Saturday, February 13, only $90 per couple and includes:
- One Appetizer per person: Salad with fresh crab, pork wontons in ginger broth, or crispy spring roll
- One Entrée per person: NY Strip Steak, grilled Ahi tuna, or coconut curry
- One dessert per couple: Assortment of macaroons
Tanner’s Restaurant at Pasea Hotel
21080 Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach
Tanner’s is serving something special this Valentine’s Day, complements of Chef Carlo. The romantic dinner menu will be available February 11 – February 14. Ala carte specials will be served the 11th-13th, and a pre-fixe menu will be served on the 14th from 5PM to 10PM. Monday nights pre-fixe menu is $100 per person and includes:
- Amuse: Strawberry carpaccio
- Appetizer (choose 1): Salmon crudo, half dozen oysters, or strawberry salad
- Entrée (choose 1): Pan-seared scallop, 8-ounce filet, or mushroom lasagna
- Dessert (choose 1): Strawberry lemonade cake or decadent chocolate cake
Tanners is also serving a selection of romantic cocktails all month long!
3131 West Coast Highway, Newport Beach
The Winery is serving a decadent Valentine’s Day dinner menu available only on February 14th. The special menu is $139 per guest and includes:
- Chef’s seasonal amuse bouche
- Your choice of Maine lobster and saffron bisque, prosciutto wrapped wild shrimp, vine ripened tomatoes and burrata, the winery house salad, roasted tri-color baby beet salad, or seared rare ahi tuna
- Your choice of beef tenderloin and lobster tail, herb de provence organic New Zealand rack of lamb, New Zealand venison rack, porcini crusted Chilean seabass, jumbo Maine scallops and wild white shrimp, or zinfandel braised beef short ribs
- Pastry chef’s selection of mini pastries
Valentine’s Day-Themed Events
February – Donut Life Museum: Westminster – Couples can visit during the month of February for $30 and visitors on February 12-13 can receive a special treat bag with a Wow! Protein donut, while supplies last.
February 1-14 – Medieval Times: Buena Park – Enjoy a night at the castle and upgrade your date with a bottle of wine, two commemorative glasses, and a keepsake photo.
February 13 & 14 – Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort & Marina: Use the code BeMine2022 when booking over the phone and save 30% off RV sites and cottages. Call 949-729-3863
February 14 – Valentine’s Day Walk: James Dilley Preserve, Laguna Coast Wilderness Park 3PM-5PM – Two and a half mile around the park led by Laguna Coast Resource Specialists and Laguna Canyon Foundation Naturalist volunteers.
February 14 – 1940’s Valentine Day Costume Party: McClain Cellars, Laguna Beach 6:30PM-9:30PM – Dress up and fall in love. Price includes a glass of sparkling rose, dinner, music, dancing, and more.
February 12 – Love & Taco Festival: Heritage Museum Of Orange County 12PM-5PM – Celebrate with tacos, beer, live music, unique vendors, kids activities, and more.
February 12 – Valentines Day Dinner: Giracci/Cowboy Canyon Wineries, Silverado 4PM-9PM – Celebrate on Saturday with your special someone and a specially curated menu.
February 8, 15, & 22 – Valentine’s Day Movie Series: Biergarten, Old World Village Huntington Beach – Enjoy romantic comedies at the Biergarten. Free admission and food and drinks are available to purchase.
February 19 – Witches Brew Date Night: Downtown Santa Ana 5PM-10PM – Live DJ, Vendors, Dining, and photo ops.
Take A Harbor Cruise
Enjoy an afternoon or evening on the water cruising one of Orange County’s harbors. The best part is that there’s more than one way to do this. You can take a romantic cruise in a gondola, or rent a Duffy and cruise at your leisure. If you’re looking for something more active, head out earlier in the day and rent a kayak or paddle boards. Here are a few places to consider:
Gondola Adventures Newport Beach
200 Bayside Drive, Newport Beach
Take a 1-hour gondola cruise for an experience you’ll always remember. The Valentine’s Day cruise is $185 for 2 people and includes music, gourmet chocolates, and your choice of sparkling cider or San Pellegrino. You can even add a special touch with upgrades like rose petals or a custom message in a bottle. Valentine’s Day Cruises are available February 8, 14, 15, & 16.
16860 Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach
This is where you want to go to get your kayaks and paddle boards. Sunset Rentals has been helping people explore Huntington Harbour for 33 years. They offer rentals for as low as $15 per person with NO time limits so you can explore at your own pace.
Rent a Duffy for one or two hours, and bring your own food and drinks to create a special Valentine’s Day experience. Here are locations in Huntington Beach and Newport Beach:
PCH Electric Boats
16360 PCH, Huntington Beach
Duffy of Newport
2001 W. Coast Highway, Newport Beach
Hit The Trails on Horseback
Saddle up for a romantic horseback ride on one of Orange County’s trails. Here are a few places that offer special packages to make Valentine’s Day memories.
Horse Play Rentals
18381 Goldenwest Street, Huntington Beach
Horse Play Rentals is located in the Huntington Central Park Equestrian Center. Options here include a one hour picnic plus a one hour trail ride, and a romantic couples ride that includes a one hour trail ride followed by a picnic in the Urban Forest.
Silver Stirrup Riding Academy
25200 Trabuco Road, Lake Forest
Choose from two options that include hands-on time with your horses, a trail ride, and a post-ride picnic with chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling cider.
Fun Valentines Day Date Ideas
- Try something different and give ax throwing a try. This is a fun one for new couples to learn something new together in a no-pressure environment. Locations like Stumpy’s in Huntington Beach allow you to reserve your pit for a designated time period, plus they offer food and drinks for purchase, giant games (like Jenga), and sports on the big screens.
- Show the one you love that you’re ready to climb any mountain for them…well, kind of. Hit the local rock wall climbing gym and practice your climbing skills together. Here are a few in Orange County:
- See how well you and your significant other work together by booking an escape room experience.
- Brainy Actz Escape Rooms: Irvine
- Breach Escape Games: Lake Forest
- Crossroads Escape Games: Anaheim
- Escape VR: Westminster
- King’s Eye Escape: Westminster
- Kryptic Tales: Fountain Valley
- Legacy Escape Rooms: Costa Mesa
- Nerdy By Nature: Mission Viejo
- The Escape Game: Irvine
- Wild Goose Escape Rooms: Fullerton & Huntington Beach
Did You Know? Valentine’s Day was declared an official holiday in 1537 by King Henry VIII…He had a total of six wives. He annulled two of his marriages and beheaded two wives!
|Date Ideas in Orange County||Romantic Getaways|
|How To Get a Hotel Day Pass||Best Day Spas In Orange County|
|Top Celebrity Chef Restaurants in Orange County||Restaurants With A View in Orange County|
Heidi Deal is the author of the Newcomers Handbook to Living In Los Angeles & Orange County, and a children’s book author specializing in history and human rights.