Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. Have you started thinking about how you’re going to celebrate with your special someone? Here are a few Valentine’s Day date ideas.
Did You Know? Esther Howland made homemade valentines out of paper and lace and sold them in her town, Worcester, Massachusetts. She was nicknamed “The Mother of the American Valentine.”
Valentine’s Day is on Wednesday, February 14, 2024.
Dinner & Drinks
Broadway By Amar Santana
328 Glenneyre St., Laguna Beach
Treat yourselves to an exquisite multi-course meal unlike any other at Broadway by Amar Santana. The Valentine’s Day menu is generally only available on Valentine’s Day and a special wine pairing can be added for an additional fee.
- Chicken fried “oyster”
- Chilled Lobster Salad
- Seaweed Crisp Bluefin Tuna
- Spiced Crusted Duck Breast
- Valrhona Flexible Chocolate Ganache
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
455 Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach
1050 W Katella Avenue, Anaheim
Fleming’s serve a delectable 3-course dinner menu developed exclusively for Valentine’s Day. Available only on select dates, the special menu includes your choice of salad, entrée and dessert. Past menus included:
- Entrée: Petite filet and crab stuffed shrimp scampi or petite filet and lobster tail scampi.
- Dessert: Chocolate gooey butter cake, key lime pie, or New York cheesecake.
Want something more extravagant? Order the prime surf and turf for two with a shareable 35 ounce prime tomahawk, north Atlantic lobster tail, four crab stuffed shrimp, sauteed roasted Campari tomatoes and white wine herb butter.
JW Marriott, Anaheim Resort
1775 South Clementine Street, Anaheim
If you’re looking for a luxury, multi-course dinner to celebrate, how about a special Valentine’s Day meal at JW Marriott, Anaheim Resort’s Tocca Ferro restaurant?
This special dinner is only available on February 14 from 5 PM to 9 PM. Reservations can be made on Open Table here. Walk-ins are also welcome.
Valentine’s Day meal options from past celebrations included:
1st Course (shared) Choice of 1
- Lobster ravioli, mascarpone cheese, prosecco beurre blanc, blistered toybox tomatoes, squash blossoms, caviar
- Roasted baby beets, burrata, arugula, frisee, toasted pine nuts, fig balsamic, riviera ligure olive oil, maldon sea salt
2nd Course (Choose 1 per person)
- Tomato braised Veal osso buco, ricotta nudi, tomato ragout, wild mushrooms, meyer lemon gremolata
- Pan roasted chilean sea bass, risotto milanese, roasted red pepper romesco, sauteed rapini, garlic confit
- Grilled 8oz. petite filet mignon, truffle butter, pecorino flan, roasted asparagus
- Dark chocolate bomb, vanilla bean sponge cake, amarena cherry flambe, OR
- Lemon cello panna cotta, blueberry, finger lime, pine nut & sea salt brittle
After dinner, guests are welcomed to continue their evening with cocktails at the hotel’s 11th floor rooftop bar, Parkestry. The rooftop bar is also a premium spot for Disney’s firework show. Make it the perfect Valentine’s Day by booking one of JW Marriott, Anaheim Resort’s luxury rooms.
Montage Laguna Beach at The Loft
30801 South Coast Highway, Laguna Beach
Enjoy an indulgent and memorable meal at The Loft complete with ocean views and live entertainment. Served on February 14, the romantic four-course meal is available from 5PM – 10PM.
First Course (choose one per person)
- Cauliflower and artichoke cappuccino
- Lobster carpaccio
Second Course (choose one per person)
- Handmade orecchiette pasta
- Pan roasted sea scallops
Third Course (choose one per person)
- Creekstone Farms Prime Filet Mignon
- Pacific Black Cod
Dessert (choose one per person)
- Coconut Macaroons
- Madagascan Manjari Chocolate
Orange County Mining Co.
10000 Crawford Canyon Rd., Orange
Enjoy a special dining experience with views of the city on Valentine’s Day at Orange County Mining Co. Available only on February 14th, this celebratory menu is specially priced per couple and includes two filet and lobster dinners, a bottle of champagne, and a dessert, plus live music and dancing.
The Ranch Restaurant
1025 E. Ball Road, Anaheim
Celebrate at The Ranch with a special Valentine’s Day dinner served only on February 14th from 5PM – 10PM. The four course menu is priced per person and includes options such as:
- First Course: White asparagus and prosciutto, house-made sweet potato gnocchi, or New Bedford Sea Scallops & Santa Barbara Spot Prawns
- Second Course: Heirloom roasted baby beets or lemongrass and ginger accented duck consomme
- Main: Moroccan spiced grilled lamb chop, Filet & Lobster, Saint-Pierre & Shrimp Fritters
- Dessert: Chocolate tres leches cake, Tahitian vanilla bean semifredo, passion fruit cheesecake
Silver Trumpet Restaurant & Bar
3350 Avenue of the Arts, Costa Mesa
Celebrate with your special someone with romantic lakeside dining at Silver Trumpet and enjoy an exclusive Valentine’s Day meal served only on February 14 from 4PM – 10PM. The 4-course meal is priced per person and includes a selection of steak and seafood, signature sides, and delicious desserts.
Strong Water Anaheim
270 S. Clementine Blvd., Anaheim
Celebrate at Strong Water with a special Valentine’s Prix Fixe Menu by Galley Master Steve Kling. Served only on select dates, and includes options such as:
- One Appetizer per person: Salad with fresh crab, pork wontons in ginger broth, or crispy spring roll
- One Entrée per person: NY Strip Steak, grilled Ahi tuna, or coconut curry
- One dessert per couple: Assortment of macaroons
Tanner’s Restaurant at Pasea Hotel
21080 Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach
Tanner’s is serving something special this Valentine’s Day. The romantic dinner pre-fixe menu will be served on select dates, including the 14th from 5PM to 10PM, along with the regular full dinner menu. The Valentine’s Day pre-fixe menu is priced per person and includes options like:
- Amuse: 63 Degree Egg
- Appetizer (choose 1): Seared Hawaiian Ahi or local beet tartare
- Entrée (choose 1): Grilled Pacific lobster “thermidor”, Wagyu rib eye, or charred baby eggplant
- Dessert (choose 1): Passionfruit ganache or raspberry hibiscus cake
Tanners is also serving a selection of romantic cocktails all month long!
The Westin Anaheim Resort
1030 West Katella Avenue, Anaheim
The Westin Anaheim Resort is serving a 4-course prix fixe meal with complimentary champagne toast at the Tangerine Room. The special Valentine’s Day dinner, served only on February 14th, includes:
- Chef’s Amuse Bouche
- Your choice of beet salad or lobster pot pie
- Wagyu Beef New York Strip Steak or Pacific Dover Sole
- Shared dessert course with chocolate salted caramel mousse torte and strawberry cheesecake with champagne infused strawberries
3131 West Coast Highway, Newport Beach
The Winery is serving a decadent Valentine’s Day dinner menu available only on February 14th. The special menu includes options like:
- Chef’s seasonal amuse bouche
- Your choice of Maine lobster and saffron bisque, Hawaiian Ahi tuna poke, vine ripened tomatoes and burrata, the winery house salad, roasted tri-color baby beet salad, or the winery winter salad
- Your choice of beef tenderloin and lobster tail, herb crusted lamb rack, New Zealand venison rack, porcini crusted Chilean seabass, jumbo wild white shrimp paella style, or braised beef short ribs
- Pastry chef’s selection of mini pastries
Valentine’s Day-Themed Events
February 1-14 – Medieval Times: Buena Park – Enjoy a night at the castle and upgrade your date with a bottle of wine, two commemorative glasses, and a keepsake photo.
February 11 – Bloody Valentine Festival: Heritage Museum Of Orange County – Celebrate with cosplay, art, live music, unique vendors, kids activities, crafts, photo ops, and more.
February – Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort & Marina: When booking RV sites and cottages Monday through Thursday Nights, save 20% through the end of February. Call 949-729-3863
February 11 – Witches Brew Valloween: Downtown Santa Ana 5PM-10PM – Live DJ, Vendors, Dining, and photo ops.
See our list of Valentine’s Day Events
Take A Harbor Cruise
Enjoy an afternoon or evening on the water cruising one of Orange County’s harbors. The best part is that there’s more than one way to do this. You can take a romantic cruise in a gondola, or rent a Duffy and cruise at your leisure. If you’re looking for something more active, head out earlier in the day and rent a kayak or paddle boards. Here are a few places to consider:
Gondola Adventures Newport Beach
200 Bayside Drive, Newport Beach
Take a 1-hour gondola cruise for an experience you’ll always remember. The Valentine’s Day cruise is for 2 people and includes music, gourmet chocolates, and your choice of sparkling cider or San Pellegrino. You can even add a special touch with upgrades like rose petals or a custom message in a bottle.
16860 Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach
This is where you want to go to get your kayaks and paddle boards. Sunset Rentals has been helping people explore Huntington Harbour for 33 years. They offer rentals for as low as $15 per person with NO time limits so you can explore at your own pace.
Rent a Duffy for one or two hours, and bring your own food and drinks to create a special Valentine’s Day experience. Here are locations in Huntington Beach and Newport Beach:
PCH Electric Boats
16360 PCH, Huntington Beach
Duffy of Newport
2001 W. Coast Highway, Newport Beach
Hit The Trails on Horseback
Saddle up for a romantic horseback ride on one of Orange County’s trails. Here are a few places that offer special packages to make Valentine’s Day memories.
Horse Play Rentals
18381 Goldenwest Street, Huntington Beach
Horse Play Rentals is located in the Huntington Central Park Equestrian Center. Options here include a one hour picnic plus a one hour trail ride, and a romantic couples ride that includes a one hour trail ride followed by a picnic in the Urban Forest.
Silver Stirrup Riding Academy
25200 Trabuco Road, Lake Forest
Choose from two options that include hands-on time with your horses, a trail ride, and a post-ride picnic with chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling cider.
Fun Valentines Day Date Ideas
- Try something different and give ax throwing a try. This is a fun one for new couples to learn something new together in a no-pressure environment. Locations like Stumpy’s in Huntington Beach allow you to reserve your pit for a designated time period, plus they offer food and drinks for purchase, giant games (like Jenga), and sports on the big screens.
- Brainy Actz: Irvine
- King’s Eye Escape: Westminster
- Sauced BBQ & Spirits: Orange
- Stumpy’s Hatchet House: Huntington Beach
- Show the one you love that you’re ready to climb any mountain for them…well, kind of. Hit the local rock wall climbing gym and practice your climbing skills together. Here are a few in Orange County:
- Aesthetic Climbing Gym: Lake Forest
- Hangar 18: Three locations in Mission Viejo, Orange, and San Clemente
- Movement: Fountain Valley
- Rockreation: Costa Mesa
- Sender One: Santa Ana
- See how well you and your significant other work together by booking an escape room experience.
- Brainy Actz Escape Rooms: Irvine
- Breach Escape Games: Lake Forest
- Cinema Escape Room: Los Alamitos
- Crossroads Escape Games: Anaheim
- Escape VR: Westminster
- King’s Eye Escape: Westminster
- Kryptic Tales: Fountain Valley
- Legacy Escape Rooms: Costa Mesa
- Nerdy By Nature: Mission Viejo
- The Escape Game: Irvine
- Wild Goose Escape Rooms: Fullerton & Huntington Beach
Did You Know? Valentine’s Day was declared an official holiday in 1537 by King Henry VIII…He had a total of six wives. He annulled two of his marriages and beheaded two wives!
|Date Ideas in Orange County||Romantic Getaways|
|How To Get a Hotel Day Pass||Best Day Spas In Orange County|
|Top Celebrity Chef Restaurants in Orange County||Restaurants With A View in Orange County|
Heidi Deal is the author of the Newcomers Handbook to Living In Los Angeles & Orange County, and a children’s book author specializing in history and human rights.