Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. Have you started thinking about how you’re going to celebrate with your special someone? Here are a few Valentine’s Day date ideas.
Did You Know? Esther Howland made homemade valentines out of paper and lace and sold them in her town, Worcester, Massachusetts. She was nicknamed “The Mother of the American Valentine.”
Valentine’s Day is on Wednesday, February 14, 2024.
Dinner & Drinks
Broadway By Amar Santana
328 Glenneyre St., Laguna Beach
Treat yourselves to an exquisite multi-course meal unlike any other at Broadway by Amar Santana. The Valentine’s Day menu is generally only available on Valentine’s Day and a special wine pairing can be added for an additional fee. Menu may include
- Borscht Cured Japanese Hamachi
- Lobster & Crab Tortellini
- Thyme Basted Alaskan Halibut
- Australian Wagyu Beef
- Vanilla Braised Pink Pineapple
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
455 Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach
1050 W Katella Avenue, Anaheim
Fleming’s serve a delectable 3-course dinner menu developed exclusively for Valentine’s Day. Available only on select dates, the special menu includes your choice of salad, entrée and dessert. Past menus included:
- Entrée: Petite filet and crab stuffed shrimp or petite filet and Chilean Sea Bass
- Dessert: Dark Chocolate Torte
Want something more extravagant? Order the prime surf and turf for two with NY Strip, Filet Mignon, and crab stuffed lobster tails.
JW Marriott, Anaheim Resort
1775 South Clementine Street, Anaheim
If you’re looking for a luxury, multi-course dinner to celebrate, how about a special Valentine’s Day meal at JW Marriott, Anaheim Resort’s Tocca Ferro restaurant?
After dinner, guests are welcomed to continue their evening with cocktails at the hotel’s 11th floor rooftop bar, Parkestry. The rooftop bar is also a premium spot for Disney’s firework show. Make it the perfect Valentine’s Day by booking one of JW Marriott, Anaheim Resort’s luxury rooms.
Montage Laguna Beach at The Loft
30801 South Coast Highway, Laguna Beach
Enjoy an indulgent and memorable meal at The Loft complete with ocean views and live entertainment. Served on February 10 & 14, the romantic four-course meal is available from 5PM – 10PM.
First Course (choose one per person)
- Crispy Potato
Second Course (choose one per person)
- Big Eye Tuna Crudo
- Sunchoke Soup
Third Course (choose one per person)
- Pan Roasted Poussin
- Chilean Seabass
- Coffee Crusted Prime Filet
Dessert (choose one per person)
- White Chocolate Almond Gianduja
- Pink Grapefruit Cloud
Orange County Mining Co.
10000 Crawford Canyon Rd., Orange
Enjoy a special dining experience with views of the city on Valentine’s Day at Orange County Mining Co. Available only on February 14th, this celebratory menu is specially priced per couple and includes two filet and lobster dinners, a bottle of champagne, and a dessert, plus live music and dancing.
The Ranch Restaurant
1025 E. Ball Road, Anaheim
Celebrate at The Ranch with a special Valentine’s Day dinner served only on February 14th from 5PM – 10PM. The four course menu is priced per person and includes options such as:
- First Course: New Bedford Sea Scallops & Santa Barbara Spot Prawns, Ocean’s Treasure, Barbacoa Maple Duck Breast
- Second Course: Carrot & Ginger Veloute or Salad Of Watercress & Endive
- Main: Moroccan spiced grilled lamb chop, pan seared halibut and shrimp sausage, NY Strip and wagyu beef cheeks
- Dessert: Passion fruit cheesecake, strawberry shortcake, chocolate hazelnut tart
Red O Restaurant
143 Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach
On Valentine’s Day at Red O, celebrate with a 4-course prix fixe menu. Available at the Fashion Island and La Jolla locations (menus may vary). Dinner is priced per person and includes chips and salsa, a starter to share, appetizers, entrees, and a dessert to share. Plus there are specialty romance-themed cocktails. Upgrade to a Tablita For 2, which includes lobster tail and tomahawk steak.
Silver Trumpet Restaurant & Bar
3350 Avenue of the Arts, Costa Mesa
Celebrate with your special someone with romantic lakeside dining at Silver Trumpet and enjoy an exclusive Valentine’s Day meal served only on February 14 from 4PM – 9PM. The 4-course meal is priced per person and includes a selection of steak and seafood, signature sides, and delicious desserts.
Strong Water Anaheim
270 S. Clementine Blvd., Anaheim
Celebrate at Strong Water with a special Valentine’s Prix Fixe Menu by Galley Master Steve Kling. Served only on select dates, and includes options such as:
- One Appetizer per person: Salad with fresh crab, pork wontons in ginger broth, or crispy spring roll
- One Entrée per person: NY Strip Steak, grilled Ahi tuna, or coconut curry
- One dessert per couple: Assortment of macaroons
The Study Kitchen & Bar at Pasea Hotel
21080 Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach
The Study is serving something special this Valentine’s Day. The romantic dinner pre-fixe menu will be served on select dates, including the 14th from 5PM to 10PM, along with the regular full dinner menu. The Valentine’s Day pre-fixe menu is priced per person and includes options like caviar & crispy potato, yellowtail crudo, grilled NY Strip and scallop, and chocolate decadence for two. Don’t forget to try the specially crafted valentine-themed cocktails.
The Westin Anaheim Resort
1030 West Katella Avenue, Anaheim
The Westin Anaheim Resort is serving a 3-course prix fixe meal with complimentary champagne toast and curated wine pairing at the Tangerine Room. The special Valentine’s Day dinner, served on February 14th, 16th & 17th includes:
- Candy Cane Beets with White Almond Gazpacho or Poached Seckel Pear & Prosciutto
- Snake River Wagyu Beef Tenderloin with Maine Lobster Raviolo or Dover Sole
- Espresso caramel flan or berry tiramisu
3131 West Coast Highway, Newport Beach
The Winery is serving a decadent Valentine’s Day dinner menu available only on February 14th. The special menu includes options like:
- The Winery Seafood Tower
- Fresh salads and delicious appetizers
- Braised beef shortribs, king salmon, jumbo Maine scallops and wild white shrimp duck breast, rack of lamb, filet mignon
Valentine’s Day-Themed Events
Valentine’s Day – Pirate’s Dinner Adventure: Buena Park – Special Valentine’s Day package includes personalized message in a bottle, champagne, a couples photo and keepsake rose.
February 1-14 – Medieval Times: Buena Park – Enjoy a night at the castle and upgrade your date with a bottle of wine, two commemorative glasses, and a keepsake photo.
February 14 – The Frida Cinema: Santa Ana – Enjoy classic romantic films like Amelie or Harold & Maude. Other Valentine-themed films are also playing during the month.
February 13 – Casa Romantica: San Clemente – See a screening of film classic, The Princess Bride.
February 14 & 16-18 – Dana Wharf Whale Watching: Dana Point – Book a romantic whale watching cruise or a Valentine’s Day Wine Cruise!
Take A Harbor Cruise
Enjoy an afternoon or evening on the water cruising one of Orange County’s harbors. The best part is that there’s more than one way to do this. You can take a romantic cruise in a gondola, or rent a Duffy and cruise at your leisure. If you’re looking for something more active, head out earlier in the day and rent a kayak or paddle boards. Here are a few places to consider:
Gondola Adventures Newport Beach
200 Bayside Drive, Newport Beach
Take a 1-hour gondola cruise for an experience you’ll always remember. The Valentine’s Day cruise is for 2 people and includes music, gourmet chocolates, and your choice of sparkling cider or San Pellegrino. You can even add a special touch with upgrades like rose petals or a custom message in a bottle.
16860 Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach
This is where you want to go to get your kayaks and paddle boards. Sunset Rentals has been helping people explore Huntington Harbour for 33 years. They offer rentals for as low as $15 per person with NO time limits so you can explore at your own pace.
Rent a Duffy for one or two hours, and bring your own food and drinks to create a special Valentine’s Day experience. Here are locations in Huntington Beach and Newport Beach:
PCH Electric Boats
16360 PCH, Huntington Beach
Duffy of Newport
2001 W. Coast Highway, Newport Beach
Hit The Trails on Horseback
Horse Play Rentals
18381 Goldenwest Street, Huntington Beach
Horse Play Rentals is located in the Huntington Central Park Equestrian Center. Options here include a one hour picnic plus a one hour trail ride, and a romantic couples ride that includes a one hour trail ride followed by a picnic in the Urban Forest.
Silver Stirrup Riding Academy
25200 Trabuco Road, Lake Forest
Choose from two options that include hands-on time with your horses, a trail ride, and a post-ride picnic with chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling cider.
Fun Valentines Day Date Ideas
- Try something different and give ax throwing a try. This is a fun one for new couples to learn something new together in a no-pressure environment. Locations like Stumpy’s in Huntington Beach allow you to reserve your pit for a designated time period, plus they offer food and drinks for purchase, giant games (like Jenga), and sports on the big screens.
- Show the one you love that you’re ready to climb any mountain for them…well, kind of. Hit the local rock wall climbing gym and practice your climbing skills together. Here are a few in Orange County:
- See how well you and your significant other work together by booking an escape room experience.
- Brainy Actz Escape Rooms: Irvine
- Breach Escape Games: Lake Forest
- Cinema Escape Room: Los Alamitos
- Crossroads Escape Games: Anaheim
- Escape VR: Westminster
- King’s Eye Escape: Westminster
- Kryptic Tales: Fountain Valley
- Legacy Escape Rooms: Costa Mesa
- Nerdy By Nature: Mission Viejo
- The Escape Game: Irvine
- Wild Goose Escape Rooms: Fullerton & Huntington Beach
Did You Know? Valentine’s Day was declared an official holiday in 1537 by King Henry VIII…He had a total of six wives. He annulled two of his marriages and beheaded two wives!
|Date Ideas in Orange County
|How To Get a Hotel Day Pass
|Best Day Spas In Orange County
|Top Celebrity Chef Restaurants in Orange County
|Restaurants With A View in Orange County
Heidi Deal is the author of the Newcomers Handbook to Living In Los Angeles & Orange County, and a children’s book author specializing in history and human rights.