Los Angeles has the iconic Walk Of Fame, Ohio is home to the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame, and professional sports organizations have their own versions of the Hall Of Fame. Now, locals can see prominent figures from the area added to the Orange County Hall Of Fame. With so many famous, inspiring, and influential people coming from this corner of Southern California, it’s a well deserved and timely honor.
Orange County Hall Of Fame Details
The Orange County Hall Of Fame is a collection of Plaques honoring selected inductees and can be viewed in the lobby of the County Administration Offices.
Address: 400 W. Civic Center Drive, Santa Ana, CA 92701
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8AM – 5PM
Parking: Public Parking is in the P4 parking lot located off Broadway
From talented athletes and musicians, to influential community leaders, the Hall Of Fame aims to honor Orange County past or present residents who have shaped our community or have made significant contributions in one of five categories, including:
- Music, Arts, & Entertainment
The Orange County Board Of Supervisors is responsible for the nomination and selection process, with each supervisor nominating up to 5 businesses or individuals that meet the nomination criteria. Up to 25 nominations are submitted to the Hall Of Fame Ad Hoc Committee each year, where they are then reviewed, and a maximum of 10 nominees will be selected for induction.
In order for nominees to be eligible for consideration, they must meet certain criteria, including:
- At least 10 years living in or doing business in Orange County
- Have major life experience in Orange County such as being the birthplace of the nominee, graduated from school here, etc.
- Have previously received some sort of award or recognition while living in Orange County
- Be a civic leader for the County
Orange County Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony
The first ever induction ceremony for the Orange County Hall Of Fame took place on Friday, January 12, 2024 at the County Administration North Building in Santa Ana. During the ceremonies, inductees were honored with permanent plaques that will be placed on display for public viewing.
Orange County Hall Of Fame Inductees 2024
The first ever inductees to the Orange County Hall Of Fame in alphabetical order are:
- Amanda Beard (Sports) – Olympic Swimmer: At age 14, she became the 2nd youngest swimmer in history to earn Olympic medals with one gold and two silvers. Made 4 Olympic appearances in total to earn an additional gold medal, two additional silver medals, and a bronze medal, and served two times as the USA Olympic Swimming Team Captain. FINA World Record Holder & World Champion Title for 200-meter breaststroke. NY Times Best Selling Author of the book In The Water They Can’t See You Cry, founder of Beard Swim Co., motivational speaker, and Swim coach at University Of Arizona.
- Kobe Bryant (Sports) – Basketball Player: 5-time NBA Champion, NBA MVP, NBA’s 3rd all-time leading scorer, 18-time NBA All Star, 2-time Olympic Gold Medalist, creator of Granity Studios, contributor and creator of multiple philanthropic foundations.
- Walt Disney (Music, Arts, & Entertainment) – All things Disney! Known all over the world for his creations, Walt Disney created Mickey Mouse, was the founder of Disneyland and Walt Disney World, and made major contributions to film, animation, art, and entertainment. Through his contributions, Disney has earned the Presidential Medal Of Freedom, France’s Legion Of Honor, Mexico’s Order of the Aztec Eagle award, and the Showman of the World Award from the National Association of Theatre Owners, among many others. He has also earned a record 32 Academy Awards. Created Steamboat Willie (Mickey Mouse’s official debut), the world’s first synchronized sound cartoon. Creator of the first full length animated musical film, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
- Frank Jao, also known as Triệu Như Phát (Business) – Entrepreneur and philanthropist: Principal developer of Orange County Community, Little Saigon. Manager of Asian Garden Mall. Interpreter of USAID and US Marines. Named one of OC’s 50 Most Influential Business People and LA Times’ 100 Most Influential People in Southern California. Board Member of Asian Pacific American Institute For Congressional Studies. Presidential Appointee to Vietnam Education Foundation. Founder of the Jao Foundation to promote academic scholarship and cultural awareness. A founding donor and advisor for Harvard’s Global Vietnam Wars Studies Initiative.
- Greg Louganis (Sports) – Olympic Diver: Known as history’s best diver, Louganis is the only man to win gold medals in consecutive Olympic games in both the 3-meter springboard and 10-meter platform events. Record holder with 47 national titles, 5 Olympic medals, 5 World Championship titles, 6 Pan American titles. Louganis is a speaker, author, actor, coach, activist, and humanitarian.
- General William Lyon (Civics) – Military General, businessman, and philanthropist: Air Force pilot with 35 years of military service earning the Distinguished Service Medal, Distinguished Flying Cross, Legion Of Merit, Presidential Unit Citation, and Air Medal with three oak clusters. Board Chairman of US Air Force Academy Research & Development Institution, chairman and director of USAF Falcon Foundation. Founder of the Lyon Air Museum at John Wayne Airport. Developer and homebuilder for William Lyon Homes. Founder of multi family real estate company. Co-owner of AirCal. Founding member of several political organizations. Founding chairman of Orangewood Children’s Foundation. Has earned many honors for his service and philanthropy with many organizations.
- Bill Medley (Music, Arts, & Entertainment) – Singer, Songwriter for The Righteous Brothers: A native to Orange County, Bill Medley is a Grammy winner, Oscar winner, Golden Globe Award Winner, and American Music Award Winner. Inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.
- Henry Segerstrom (Philanthropy) – Founder of South Coast Plaza retail shopping center and Segerstrom Center For The Arts. Captain in the US Army, earning the Purple Heart from an injury incurred during the Battle Of The Bulge. Earned the Carnegie Hall Medal Of Excellence. Founder of Museum of Contemporary Art in Los Angeles. Served on the board of the Orange County Water District for 20 years.
- Gwen Stefani (Music, Arts, & Entertainment) – Singer, Songwriter, performer: Known best for her role as the lead for the band No Doubt, Gwen Stefani is also a multi-platinum solo artist with Orange County roots. Awards include 3 Grammys, 4 MTV VMAs, 2 Billboard awards, an American Music Award, and a Brit Award. She is also a regular coach on the NBC television series, The Voice. Recently launched a line of cosmetics with her beauty brand GXVE. Clothing line, L.A.M.B. and Harajuku Lovers. Eyewear line, gx by Gwen Stefani. Supporter of many local community charities and foundations including Cure 4 The Kids Foundation, Children’s Hospital LA and Children’s Hospital Of Orange County. See Gwen Stefani’s acceptance speech.
- Tiger Woods (Sports) – Professional Golfer: A record holding golfer, Tiger Woods is tied for first place in the number of most PGA Tour wins, and 2nd for the most wins in men’s championships. As one of the best golfers in history, he has been inducted into the World Golf Hall Of Fame. Woods is the youngest golfer ever to win the career Grand Slam, and the 2nd golfer ever to win the Grand Slam three times. Awarded the Presidential Medal Of Freedom in 2019. Inductee to the California Hall Of Fame. Named Associated Press Male Athlete Of The Year 4 times, Athlete Of The Decade, and Sports Illustrated’s Sportsman Of The Year.
2024 OC Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
|Celebrity Homes In Orange County
|OC Reality TV Shows
|Celebrity Spots & Hangouts In OC
|Movies Filmed In Orange County
|Songs About California, OC LA, & More
|Top Celebrity Chef Restaurants In OC
Heidi Deal is the author of the Newcomers Handbook to Living In Los Angeles & Orange County, and a children’s book author specializing in history and human rights.