The OutPost is a premiere Orange County destination for live music, art festivals, sports, and community events. With a capacity up to 10,000, this venue is ideal for large or small events, and nearby San Juan Capistrano has plenty of places to explore before and after a show at the OutPost. The venue caters to outdoor events, making it a better option for those concerned about COVID issues.
The Outpost Events
There is only one “operator” for events at the OutPost. The company TAG PRESENTS has put on events and shows for more than 20 years including Formula 1 United States Grand Prix professional racing, the ESPN X Games, Wonderfront Festival San Diego, and the Adult Swim Festival, just to name a few.
The quality and popularity of the shows TAG offers can be hard to compete with. Some of the major names and tours booked at the venue include:
- MissionFest (July annual event)
- Clint Black
- John Pardi
- Walker Hayes
- Winterscape Festival (December annual event)
The official site has a section where you can sign up for pre-sales and new concert announcements. If you want to get an early warning on upcoming shows at The OutPost this is the best option.
- General Admission
- Golden Circle General Admission
- VIP Box Suites
- Additional Items:
- VIP Add-On’s for VIP Lounge access and benefits
- Parking Passes
- Picnic Passes (BYOP Basket)
The OutPost resides at the Rancho Mission Viejo Riding Park minutes away from historic downtown of San Juan Capistrano. The location of the venue makes it handy for ride-sharing services, taxis, and other pay-to-ride services. The venue itself has 2,000 parking spaces for those who choose to drive. The OutPost is located at:
30753 Avenida La Pata, San Juan Capistrano, California, 92675
(on the corner of La Pata Rd and Ortega Hwy 74)
The entrance to the parking lot is off La Pata Rd just south of the intersection with Ortega Hwy 74.
If you plan to drive, be aware that you will need a parking permit to park your vehicle at The OutPost. It is highly advisable to buy this permit in advance, parking spaces are not guaranteed. Advance parking passes are sold up to show day but don’t count on being able to buy a permit last minute due to demand.
Parking lots open at least one hour prior to opening door times.
Seeing Shows at The OutPost
There are things to remember when you attend a show at the OutPost. Once you depart the venue you cannot be readmitted, no soliciting or flyering is permitted, and you are not allowed to bring coolers, containers of any kind, vaping devices, or cigarettes. Some shows may permit you to purchase a “picnic ticket” allowing a picnic basket with food and bottled water only. No metal utensils are allowed; plastic only.
The venue publishes a list of “do not bring” items; those who bring things from the list below may be refused entry. The OutPost official site lists the following “don’t bring” items:
- “Anything” venue security says is a weapon
- Glass of any kind
- Beach Umbrellas
- Professional recording equipment
- Frisbees or “projectile objects”
- Laser pointers
Visiting The OutPost Tips
- Sign-up to the newsletter for pre-sale alerts.
- Beer, Wine & Cocktails are available with ID.
- Local Food Vendors are on-site.
- Picnic Passes are available for purchase to bring in your own food basket.
- Food items only, no glass and no metal containers or utensils, plastic only.
- Buy a parking pass in advance as the on-site parking lot can sell out in advance for larger events.
- Advance parking pass sales close online the prior end of day to the event.
- Do not line up on La Pata Prior to the opening of the parking lot.
- All Ages are can attend.
- Children 2 and under are free.
- Low profile lawn chairs and blankets are allowed.
- No high back chairs (nothing over 32″ above the ground), or chairs with tall legs higher than 14″ off the ground will be allowed).
The OutPost Details
- Seating Capacity: 10,000
- Parking: 2,000 spots
- Address: 30753 Avenida La Pata, San Juan Capistrano, California, 92675
- Website: https://www.sanjuanoutpost.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SJCOutpost
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sanjuanoutpost/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SanJuanOutpost
- Ride Share: Yes (enter the main venue entrance and follow the ride share signs)
- VIP Lounge: Yes
The OutPost Hotel Lodging Nearby
- Closest Hotels
- Hotels a few more minutes away
|Rancho Mission Viejo Riding Park
|City of San Juan Capistrano
|Fairs & Festivals in Orange County
|Things to do in San Juan Capistrano
|Live Music Venues in Orange County
|Orange County Breweries
Joe Wallace has been covering real estate, mortgage and financial topics since 1995. His work has appeared on ABC, The Pentagon Channel, Veteran.com plus a variety of print and online publications. He is a 13-year veteran of the United States Air Force and a former reporter for Air Force Television News.