While it’s not a major holiday in Mexico, in the U.S., Cinco de Mayo is a day to celebrate Mexican culture with drinks, food, and fiestas. Here are all the festive places, deals, events and activities in which you can celebrate Cinco de Mayo, from vibrant dances to zesty flavors we have you covered.
Cinco de Mayo will be celebrated on Sunday, May 5, 2024 (Domingo, 5 de Mayo, 2024).
Cinco de Mayo commemorates Mexico’s victory over French forces in the Battle of Puebla, Mexico, in 1862, Cinco de Mayo (“Fifth of May”). It is a celebration of Mexican national pride, heritage, and culture.
More events and details will be added as the date nears.
La Palma Park | 1151 N. La Palma Parkway, Anaheim
May 4-7, 2023
The Anaheim Cinco De Mayo Fiesta features food vendors from all over Orange County, family-friendly entertainment, Car Show, Ballet Folklorico Competition, Soccer Tournament, Rides, Vendors, Dignitary Breakfast, and Vendors.
Huntington Beach (Bolsa Chica State Beach) | 17243 PCH (Lot 25)
Saturday, May 6, 2023
Run and celebrate the Hispanic Culture with a 5K, 5 mile or 1 mile family fun run. Chips and salsa will be served at the finish line plus live music and folkloric dancers. Street tacos will be available as well.
Santa Ana Cinco de Mayo Festivals
Downtown Santa Ana
The City of Santa Ana no longer hosts a Cinco de Mayo festival. These events will take place in Santa Ana.
- Cinco De Mayo 3rd Annual Celebration – Friday, May 5 | 4 – 10 pm
- El Mercado Modern Cuisine Cinco de Mayo Bash – May 5 at 11 AM – May 6 at 1 AM
- Amor y Tequila Resto Bar – From 11 am – 10 pm get $10 house margaritas with a Cinco de Mayo menu
- Cerveza Cito Brewery Cito de Mayo Street Festival – May 6 | 2 pm – 10 pmCraft beer, live music, DJs, arts and crafts vendors, and food trucks.
Max Berg Plaza Park | 1100 Calle Puente, San Clemente
Saturday, May 6, 2023
Celebrate the Hispanic Culture with an afternoon of live entertainment, delicious food, activities for the children and fun with family, friends, and neighbors.
Frontier Park | 1400 Mitchell Street, Tustin
May 5, 2023 | 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
This free event includes entertainment, games, prizes and food for a small cost.
More Cinco de Mayo Celebrations
- Anaheim Hills Country Club Cinco de Mayo Fiesta – Celebrate with live music, beer and margarita specials.
- Avila’s El Ranchito – Most locations will have beer, margarita and tequila specials on Cinco de Drinko.
- Bella Terra – Live Entertainment by Ballet Folklorico Mi Herencia, face painting, kids crafts, games and chips and salsa.
- Chapter One (Santa Ana) – Food and drink specials all day long.
- Cinco de Mayo Sunset Harbor Cruise – Celebrate a Cinco de Mayo fiesta on a catamaran.
- Copper Door (Santa Ana) – Celebrate May 5th and 6th for two days of non-stop fun.
- Dailys Sports Grill (Rancho Santa Margarita)
- Descanso – All day specials and live music.
- DosAmigos Stanton (Garden Grove) – Dj music, dance, authentic Mexican food and drinks! music starting at 6pm
- El Torito
- Gracias Madre Newport – Celebrate with Cinco de Mayo Pop-Up Margarita Garden featuring margaritas, tacos, live music, and more.
- Great American Craft Bar (Rancho Santa Margarita) – Specialty margaritas, free tastings and fun times.
- Harp Inn (Costa Mesa)
- Knolls Restaurant (Laguna Niguel)
- Legacy Nightclub Cinco De Mayo Party – May 5 & May 6
- Left Coast Brewing Cinco De Mayo Fiesta (Irvine)
- Miguel’s Jr. – Cinco de Mayo specials, including a $1.99 National Burrito deal
- Newport Beach Cinco De Mayo Friday Pub Crawl Party
- Playa Mesa (Costa Mesa) – Live performance by Los Vecinos from 2-4:30pm. Food + drink specials all day.
- Raaakata Cinco de Mayo at Changes Lounge (Newport Beach)
- Red O – 2 DJs, Live Mariachi, Photo Booth, Ice Luge Tequila shooter, Don Julio promos and more!
- Rock & Brews (Tustin) – $5 off all margaritas.
- Sammy’s Original (Lake Forest) – Celebrate Cinco De Mayo with Fat Maggie Band.
- Solita Tacos and Margaritas (Anaheim, Huntington Beach) – Both locations will celebrate and the Anaheim location will feature a beer garden, a DJ, and lawn games.
- SOL Cocina
- STRUT Bar & Club
- The Post at Rockwell’s Cinco de Mayo
Cinco de Mayo Deals
Find food, endless tacos, cocktails and margarita specials, Folklórico dancers, mariachi music and more.
- Acapulco – Build-your-own taco bar, live entertainment and drink specials.
- 7-Eleven – Now until Cinco de Mayo loyalty members can get 10 mini tacos for $2.
- Applebee’s – $6 cerveza and sips.
- BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse – Margarita Flights with four distinct margarita flavors and May 5 Happy Hour deals including $6 Brewhouse Margaritas.
- Del Taco – Rewards members can get a free burrito with a $10 purchase May 5-7.
- California Tortilla – With any purchase get a free taco coupon that can be used any time between n May 8 and May 14.
- Buffalo Wild Wings – Special happy hour and late-night deals.
- El Pollo Loco – Loco Rewards members a free Crunchy Birria Taco with the purchase of any Shredded Beef Birria entrée on May 5.
- Jack in the Box – Jack Pack members can score Cinco de Mayo deals that include $3.50 breakfast burritos, $3.00 tiny tacos, and 2 for $0.99 tacos from May 4 through May 7.
- On The Border – 6 Cinco ‘Ritas on May 5.
- Rock & Brews (Tustin) – $5 OFF all margaritas
- Tijuana Flats – May 5 -7 enjoy select $5 menu items plus in-store contests and activities including opportunities to win free tacos.
Nearby Cinco de Mayo Festivals
These are a few of the bigger Cinco de May Events that are held throughout Southern California.
Downtown Los Angeles, 2 blocks from Los Angeles City Hall
Friday, May 5, 2023 | 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Each year, Olvera Street (La Placita Olvera), in partnership with El Pueblo Historical Monument, hosts a Cinco de Mayo festival. The event is free of charge, and open to the public. Olvera Street, a main square of L.A. that has been around since California was still a part of Mexico, and the fiesta includes live music, exhibitor booths, carnival rides, kids activities, beer garden, entertainment, dancing, food and more.
Barnes Park | 350 S. McPherrin Avenue, Monterey Park
Thursday, May 11, 2023 | 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm
This annual event highlights the sights, sounds, and magic of Mexico with dynamic performances plus it is in conjunction with the annual Play Days carnival that features carnival rides and games.
The Old Town San Diego fiesta is at San Diego Avenue between Conde and Twiggs
Friday, May 5 – Sunday, May 7
This free annual event will have entertainment for the whole family including live music performances, traditional dance performances, Lucha Libre wrestling, local food vendors, festive drink specials and authentic artwork crafted by talented local artisans.
|Fairs & Festivals in Orange County||Cinco de Mayo|
|Orange County’s Best Spots For Taco Tuesday||5Ks, 10ks, Half Marathons, Fun Runs & More|
|Orange International Street Fair||Irvine Global Village Festival|
Monique McArthur is a mother of two, writer, and creator of delicious recipes. In her spare time she enjoys exploring all that Orange County has to offer, traveling, shopping, running with her dogs and spending time with family.