Bass Pro Shops will be opening a new 140,000-square foot “Outdoor World” location at Alton Marketplace in Irvine, CA. The new location replaces the underperforming Walmart Supercenter which was closed in early 2021.
The Irvine superstore is expected to open in late 2022 or early 2023. The new store and Alton Marketplace is located in the heart of Irvine near the junction of the I-5 and the I-405.
Other stores in the Alton Marketplace include Bank of America, Bassett Furniture, Courtside Superstores, Living Spaces, PGA Superstore, Carl’s Jr, Del Taco and Wendy’s. Costco is across the street from the center and Irvine Spectrum is minutes away.
“We are tremendously excited to have the opportunity to partner with the Irvine Company to bring our next generation Outdoor World store to Irvine. There is no stronger company to work with in the region focused on the outdoor, coastal lifestyle and conservation,” said Johnny Morris, founder of Bass Pro.
The new Bass Pro Shops superstore will showcase tailored products, industry-leading boat brands, off-road vehicle and everything else suited to the active Southern California lifestyle. Like all Bass Pro Shops locations, the new store will feature a completely unique custom design and dynamic, interactive experiences combined. Expect this location to be heavily customized to reflect the character of Orange County and the greater Southern California region.
Bass Pro Shops Store Features
- Fishing, hunting, hiking, backpacking, wildlife viewing, camping and other related outdoor gear.
- Men’s, ladies’ and children’s apparel sections.
- Gift and nature center will feature a wide variety of outdoor-related items, from lamps and dishes to bird feeders and furniture.
- Boat brands including Tracker, Nitro, Sun Tracker, Regency, Tahoe, Mako and Ranger boats.
- Tracker Off Road ATVs and side by side off road vehicles.
- Large aquariums and water features stocked with native fish species.
- Thousands of local antiques and artifacts.
- Hundreds of trophy fish and wildlife dioramas, and murals depicting local outdoor scenes.
- Events throughout the year aimed at connecting new audiences – and particularly children – to the outdoors.
- Hands-on demonstrations and interactive activities.
- Entertainment, outdoor education and conservation areas.
- And of course, the signature Bass Pros Shops Hats!
Bass Pro Shops Address: 71 Technology Dr, Irvine, CA 92618
Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s has more than 170 locations throughout North America. However, the only other Southern California location is the 182,000-square foot Rancho Cucamonga store at 7777 Victoria Gardens Ln off the 15 freeway. Check out the events at the Rancho Cucamonga location for a glimpse of what the Irvine location will offer.
About Bass Pro Shops
Bass Pro Shops was founded in 1972 by Johnny Morris who began selling tackle out of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri. Today the company has established itself as a premier destination offering retail, outdoor equipment manufacturing, resort destinations and more.
Outdoor World Showrooms span between 133,000-square feet and 300,000-square feet. Showrooms contain one or two aquariums, typically around 30,000 gallons
The headquarters store in Springfield, Missouri is the largest tourist attraction in the state, drawing over 4 million visitors a year with its theme park-like attractions. The Memphis, TN store, also known as the Bass Pro Pyramid, doubles as a 100-room hotel and holds the largest free-standing elevator in the United States.
|Fishing In Orange County||Irvine Lake|
|Campgrounds In Orange County||The Best Fall Camping Trip|
|Joshua Tree Camping, Hiking & More||Hitting the Road – How to Plan a Family RV Vacation|