Not all Orange County Cities have a Motto, some have official ones and others have unofficial ones or not one at all. Others have slogans, taglines or nicknames. Here is the list of Orange County Cities with a motto, tagline or slogan.
Orange County City Mottos
|Aliso Viejo||Live Life Inspired|
|Anaheim||City of Kindness|
|Brea||The city of oil, oranges, and opportunity *|
|Buena Park||Center of the Southland|
|Costa Mesa||City of the Arts|
|Cypress||Education - Cooperation - Progress|
|Dana Point||Harboring the Good Life|
|Fountain Valley||A Nice Place to Live|
|Fullerton||The Education Community|
|Garden Grove||City of Youth and Ambition|
|Huntington Beach||Soul of Socal|
|Irvine||City of Innovation|
|La Habra||A Caring Community|
|Lake Forest||Remember the past, challenge the future|
|La Palma||City of Vision|
|Mission Viejo||Make Living Your Mission|
|Orange||A Slice of Old Town Charm|
|Placentia||A pleasant place to live|
|Rancho Santa Margarita||None|
|San Clemente||Spanish Village-by-the-Sea|
|San Juan Capistrano||Preserving The Past To Enhance The Future|
|Santa Ana 1||The Golden City|
|Santa Ana 2||Downtown Orange County|
|Santa Ana 3||Education First|
|Stanton||Community Pride and Forward Vision|
|Tustin||City of Trees|
|Villa Park||The Hidden Jewel|
|Westminster||The City of Progress Built on Pride|
|Yorba Linda||Land of Gracious Living|
Motto – A short sentence or phrase chosen as encapsulating the beliefs or ideals guiding an individual, family, or institution.
Slogan – A short and striking or memorable phrase.
Tagline – A catchphrase or slogan, especially as used in advertising, or the punchline of a joke.
Nickname – A familiar or humorous name given to a person or thing instead of or as well as the real name.
Here are some of the most interesting or best city mottos, taglines and slogans in the US.
- Las Vegas: “What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas”
- New York, N.Y.: “The City That Never Sleeps”
- Hershey, Pa.: “The Sweetest Place on Earth”
- Austin, Texas: “Keep Austin Weird”
- Eagle Pass, Texas: “Where Yee-Hah! meets Ole!”
- Santa Fe, NM: “The City Different”
- Jim Thorpe, PA: “The Switzerland of America”
- Coachella, CA: “City of eternal sunshine”
- Beaver, OK: “Cow Chip Capital of the World”
- Forestville, CA: “Poison Oak Capital of the World”
- Gilroy, CA: “Garlic capital of the world”
- Beaman, IA: “You’re not dreamin’, you’re in Beaman”