The 60th Annual Newport Beach Sandcastle Contest will be held on Sunday, October 2, 2022 from 10 am to 4:30 pm at Big Corona State Beach. Whether your competing in teams or just wanting to watch the amazing sandcastle creations be built, come on down to Big Corona, Corona Del Mar State Beach!
The CDM sandcastle contest attracts thousands of spectators and contest participants ranging from seasoned professionals to first–timers. Get your team together – family, friends, work, church, or school group – sign up now or come to the beach to watch.
2022 Theme California Dreamin’
Celebrating all things California, from the Beaches of Newport to the Redwoods in the North, to the glimmer of Hollywood to the Golden Gate Bridge.
Corona del Mar Sandcastle Contest
Location: Big Corona State Beach
Address: 3001 Ocean Blvd, Corona Del Mar, CA
Date: Sunday, October 2, 2022
Time: 10:00 am to 4:30 pm
Contest Entry Fee: $35
Admission to attend is free
Event participants receive a free T-Shirt
2022 Sandcastle Winners
Theme: “California Dreamin’”
- Most Unique Sandsculpture, 3rd Place – Uram Family Therapy
- Most Unique Sandsculpture, 2nd Place – Sand & Deliver
- Most Unique Sandsculpture, 1st Place – South Coast Educational Prima Donnas
- Most Unique Sandcastle, 3rd Place – Crown Family
- Most Unique Sandcastle, 2nd Place – The Shiny Seashells
- Most Unique Sandcastle, 1st Place – The Busy Bees
- Junior Division, 1st Place – Troupe 90 Boy Scouts
- Most Humorous Creation – The Ground Squirrels
- Best Display of Theme – Team Dig It!
- People’s Choice Award/Best Creation – The Busy Bees
- Commodores Award, Overall Best Creation – Doggie Walk Bags
|Corona Del Mar, California||Things to do in Newport Beach|
|Best Beaches In Orange County||Orange County Beaches: Newport Beach|
|Best Tidepools in Orange County||Best Surf Spots in Orange County|
Monique McArthur is a mother of two, writer, and creator of delicious recipes. In her spare time she enjoys exploring all that Orange County has to offer, traveling, shopping, running with her dogs and spending time with family.