What do you need to know about Hawaii COVID travel restrictions? For a start, conditions on the ground are subject to change on very short notice; today’s travel guidance is yesterday’s news if there is a new outbreak, a sudden surge in coronavirus cases, etc.
Should You Travel To Hawaii?
At press time the following information about traveling to and from Hawaii is current.
Hawaii is currently welcoming domestic visitors to the Islands with a negative pre-travel COVID test taken no more than 72 hours prior to arrival.
Hawaii COVID Travel Restrictions
At press time, the following travel restrictions and other measures are in effect:
- All air passengers entering Hawaii from outside the United States must present a negative COVID-19 test result.
- Travelers must upload CDC-issued vaccination cards to the Hawaii Safe Travels Program website.
- Travelers must carry their vaccination card while traveling in any capacity.
- Visitors who aren’t fully vaccinated are required to show a negative result from a Covid-19 test taken 72 hours or less before the final portion of the journey.
- No social gatherings with more than 10 people indoors.
- No social gatherings of more than 25 outdoors.
- Indoor establishments must seat groups at least six feet apart and masks are required “at all times except when actively eating or drinking”.
- Indoor capacities are cut to 50% of the maximum permitted by law in each establishment.
Pre-travel testing/quarantine for domestic travelers is not required if the traveler has been fully vaccinated within the USA.
Other COVID Travel Restriction Information You Should Know
Those traveling to Hawaii from other U.S. states who have not been vaccinated are required to go through a mandatory 10-day long quarantine period. However, this may be bypassed if there has been a negative COVID-19 test from a trusted partner agency listed on the Hawaii official COVID-19 site.
The same is true for those traveling from the following areas to Hawaii:
- South Korea (from Incheon International)
Those traveling from certain countries in the last 14 days are denied entry to Hawaii including (but NOT limited to the following)
- South Africa
Always check before you travel, and always carry all vaccination cards, test results, and other required items with you at all times when traveling to avoid delays, possible quarantine, etc.
|COVID Travel Restrictions By State||States With The Fewest COVID Restrictions|
|COVID Mask Mandates by State||COVID-19 Travel Guide|
|Countries That Have Reopened For American Tourists||Orange County Guide|