If you enjoy a good meal at Applebee’s Neighborhood Bar + Grill, this article is for you. While there is no real Applebee’s secret menu, there are quite a few ways to put a new twist on their regular menu items to create fun and creative food that will definitely make it onto your favorites list.
Whether you’re looking for a way to change up an old favorite or create something new, here are a few tips to create custom dishes and make your very own Applebee’s Secret Menu.
Beer Cheese Dip
The Beer Cheese Dip is typically served with the Brew Pub Pretzels, but here are a few other ways to use it:
- Order a side to dip your wings, onion rings, chicken tenders, or breadsticks in
- Order nachos with Beer Cheese instead of the cheese blend
- Order a side of french fries with a side of beer cheese
White Queso Dip
- Order the Loaded Waffle Fries and ask for white queso instead of the normal cheese blend
- Ask for a side to dip your wings or your regular french fries
- Drizzle it on your Southwest Chicken Bowl
- Ask for a side of it to drizzle on your fresh veggies
Burgers & Sandwiches
- Ask for grilled onions
- Add sauteed mushrooms
- Add queso dip or beer cheese
- Add guacamole
- Ask for firecracker mayo
- Add crispy onions
- Add Mexi-Ranch sauce
Other Hacks & Customizations
- Swap cilantro rice for spanish rice and vice versa for any dish served with rice
- Add black bean corn salsa to the nachos or the fiesta lime chicken
- Order any salad with grilled or crispy chicken
- Ask for your chicken tenders to be tossed in your favorite wing sauce: buffalo, honey BBQ, sweet asian chile, garlic parmesan, extra hot, or honey pepper
- Ask for a side of sweet asian chile sauce to dip your double crunch shrimp
- Ask for the flavored lemonades and specialty sodas to be turned into your favorite cocktail
- Swap your regular burger patty for an Impossible patty (where available)
Depending on your location, Applebee’s menu may slightly vary. Some locations offer Signature Cocktails to go, family bundles, and catering, while others may not. But as you can see there are a few good ways to customize your order to make your own Applebee’s secret menu.
When was Applebee’s founded?
Applebee’s was founded in 1980 in Atlanta, Georgia by Bill & TJ Palmer. As of 2023, there are nearly 2000 locations in the US and around the world.
Is Applebee’s open for breakfast?
No, Applebee’s does not serve breakfast.
What are Applebee’s hours?
Most Applebee’s locations are open from 11AM to 12AM but hours may vary by location.
Is Applebee’s open on holidays?
Many Applebee’s locations are open on all major holidays, except for Christmas Day. The restaurant is closed on Christmas Day, and some locations may have reduced hours on other major holidays.
Can you order Applebee’s Online?
Yes, Applebee’s has an online ordering platform on their website.
Does Applebee’s Deliver?
Yes, many areas can get Applebee’s delivered through a third party like DoorDash or Uber Eats. This may vary by your location.
Does Applebee’s have an app?
Yes, Applebee’s has an app where you can get news and updates, order from the full menu for pickup. The app is available for Apple and Android.
Does Applebee’s have gift cards?
Yes, Applebee’s has physical gift cards that can be purchased in-store and online. Digital websites can be purchased online. Gift cards can not be reloaded, but they never expire.
Does Applebee’s offer free meals to Veterans?
Yes! military veterans can receive a free entrée with proof of service such as a valid ID card or DD214.
|Five Guys Secret Menu
|Chick-fil-A Secret Menu
|Shake Shack Secret Menu
|Raising Cane’s Secret Menu
|Jersey Mike’s Secret Menu
|In-N-Out Secret Menu Guide
Heidi Deal is the author of the Newcomers Handbook to Living In Los Angeles & Orange County, and a children’s book author specializing in history and human rights.